Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I thought the Revenge of the Fallen toy line gimmick was to be visible turning gears etc. sort of within the toy while transforming (like in the CGI robots)? Or have I missed some change of info along the way?

Mech Alive would seem a better name for that, than as a new name for Automorph.

Would need to see more of the Prime toy to formulate any real opinions, but the head sculpt at least looks nice.

:up:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Dead End and Knockout look to be my favorites from what we've seen. I'll pass on the other scouts, while reserving judgment on the boat until I see it in color (oddly enough the robot mode makes me think autobot, but that might just be the grey. It could possibly look a lot different in decepticon colors).
SPOILER! (select to read)
Soundwave looks all right. Robot mode is cool (reminds me of Tigerhawk a bit), but I'm not sure what his alt mode is.
FAB Megs looks cool, and provides us with a recognizable cybertron alt mode. The rest of the FABs I can take or leave.

Pass on the repaints and remolds. Skywarp looks cool, but I have the mold twice over.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

just how "rumoured" are the constructicons? Every publication that's written about ROTF has mentioned the Constructicons but from the way people are talking, they sound like a "maybe."

And if they don't combine AND transform: epic fail!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

numbat wrote:I thought the Revenge of the Fallen toy line gimmick was to be visible turning gears etc. sort of within the toy while transforming (like in the CGI robots)? Or have I missed some change of info along the way?
That would be what "Mech Alive" stands for, methinks.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Nevermore wrote:That would be what "Mech Alive" stands for, methinks.
That's what I thought.

;)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I'd agree that if the constructicons don't combine that it would be a big dissapointment. I also sorta feel that having a combiner may be too big a step to take on a second enstallment. But it sure would be breathtaking.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:
I'd agree that if the constructicons don't combine that it would be a big dissapointment. I also sorta feel that having a combiner may be too big a step to take on a second enstallment. But it sure would be breathtaking.
No, what I've read rumoured is that the Constructicons do combine in the movie but the toys will be relegated to a) a set of vehicles which combine but no individual bot modes and b)a set with individual bot modes but no combination. (Again, allegedly-rumour-milled stuff, and I could be missing something since this came across to me as "yawn, no surprises here.") One or the other, toy-wise, which would be incredibly lame and lazy on Hasbro's part.

I hate to gripe, especially for something not even past the speculation stage, but I'm a bit tired of the "limits in engineering" or whatnot excuses. Especially for things that were obviously possible over twenty-five years ago...
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

S_Windell wrote:
Especially for things that were obviously possible over twenty-five years ago...
Possible maybe. But was it actually any good articulation wise 25 years ago? And look at the complaint about the energon gestalts. two mold repainted each, no hands, no feet, etc, etc. Maybe standards have been set higher.

Though this is not to say i don't care if it doesn't combine or anything; rater, i'd love a combiner, just pointing out a few things. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Repaint of Movie Evac into Whirl
http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid=325114
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ooh! That looks nice. Makes me glad I never got around to buying Evac. :up:
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

The Rest of Movie Prime, via 4chan.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj13 ... 250657.jpg

Also, some possible cementation of Whirl's Identity:
N073A0 flipped around? Ovelon, which was the toyline the Whirl mold was originally in.
Clay

Post by Clay »

secretcode wrote:The Rest of Movie Prime, via 4chan.
Well now that just looks spiffy. They got the head right on the first (third?) try!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

secretcode wrote: N073A0 flipped around? Ovelon, which was the toyline the Whirl mold was originally in.
The toy the Whirl mould was originally. The line was Dorvack.
numbat

Post by numbat »

That does look nice.

However, not nice enough to warrant another purchase of a large movie-styled Prime. Although, I really liked what they've done with the wheels this time round!

Also items on eBay.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

secretcode wrote:The Rest of Movie Prime, via 4chan.

Also, some possible cementation of Whirl's Identity:
N073A0 flipped around? Ovelon, which was the toyline the Whirl mold was originally in.
such as it could be, this seems to be significantly more movie-accurate (at least to the first one, obv). in particular i'm liking the arm detail.

begs two questions:

1. why not first time round? has there been some massive leap in toytech no-one has mentioned? animated has been very innovative, but i can't see it having had such a contribution to design and engineering that this toy wasn't feasible until now... ?

2. who actually designed this, and 2b). does he/she want my babies?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Another (SEVERELY Mistransformed) shot of the
Jetfire/Optimus Prime combination of the Legends toy.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... 49-jp.html

(Credit goes to Nevermore for finding this)

It... are they making out?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Finally a decent prime... took long enough.

Whirl looks good...but not enough to warrant a third figure in that mould.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
poyguimogul

Post by poyguimogul »

Louise Ovelon piloted Gazzette(a dark blue whirl) in Dorvack. So its a play on the pilot-girls last name.

Mugen Musato, he piloted Calibur (roadbuster) and was the main charecter.

Pierre Boneparte piloted the Talcus. HE DIES! and they cry.. Its a weak death.. Undubbed / Unsubbed it seems like hes killed by friendly fire.

Dumb Bastards.. killing their friend...

Its decent show. Better animation , it some aspects then G1. The transformation animation for 2 of 3 of the main 'bots (gazette and calibur) is pretty crisp, and comes off kinda epic, in a slow 80s semi-stock footage kinda way. *Oh TF ROTF TOYS , Yeah! Im on topic. Awesome.. Damn whirl pic page isnt loading on my comp... *weeps*
poyguimogul

Post by poyguimogul »

Whirl loaded, Pretty nice looking.

I didn't really enjoy the original Black-Out.. The Lawson one wasn't much better.

Evac, the recolor, was awesome. Better then the Cybertron Ver.

This is nice to in the same vein, but Not better. Not sure if I would buy it as I already have a EVAC in the box, just too cool to open. I'd maybe get Whirl to act as a sacrifical vers. to preserve EVAC.. but I don't know.. It all comes down to how I respond to its visual stimuli when I see it on the shelf. Like the Dorvack nod tho. Hasbro / Takara has been getting pretty good about the fan service.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Treadshot A1 wrote:
Possible maybe. But was it actually any good articulation wise 25 years ago? And look at the complaint about the energon gestalts. two mold repainted each, no hands, no feet, etc, etc. Maybe standards have been set higher.

Though this is not to say i don't care if it doesn't combine or anything; rater, i'd love a combiner, just pointing out a few things. :)
Yes, the old school ones were bricks, but I don't see any reason why articulation can't be introduced into combiners. We've seen it happen. (The Energon ones are good examples. And, to nitpick, the silly prongs that pass as hands and feet are legit complaints, imho. (The box are for the Universe repaint of Bruticus doesn't help.) Though if movie-verse Devastator has these it wouldn't be so ridiculous, going by movie aesthetics.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as a whiner. Honestly, Devastator is the ROTF character I'm looking most forward to seeing. After that I'll decide on whether or not to get the toy. If he looks good, awesome! If he doesn't, money saved! Win either way. ;)