"Revenge of the Fallen" Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sunstreaker2

"Revenge of the Fallen" Toys (Opinions)

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

'Cause someone had to do it.

I got ROTF Skids and Rampage today.

Skids: Skids is one hell of a charming Transformer. He has a surprisingly tough transformation for a Deluxe, his design just OOZES personality, and he has great articulation. Definitely one to buy.

Rampage: An okay, if not a little super-deformed bulldozer, with a neat transformation and a cool little third mode. The robot is very centaurian, I like. Transformation back into vehicle mode is HELLISH.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I bought the Voyager Prime, Sideswipe, and Ransack today.

Ransack is frakking awesome. We now have a Transformers biplane! I find that insanely cool. I am almost charmed enough by this figure to write a review.

I liked Voyager Prime's guns, but I wish he had the badass sword that the Leader class version has. I passed over that version since I have the leader class figure from the first movie already.

I haven't transformed Sideswipe yet, but he looked pretty cool. Reminds me that I should have bought a premium Jazz when I had the chance. :(

I was going to get the leader Megatron, but decided to put him back on the shelf because I felt guilty spending that much on toys, and because he has the same problem the first movie Megatron had. It's this figure with a really complex, detailed sculpt, but it's mostly this flat gray color that does an injustice to the details. I do like that he's a tank now, and the gimpy left arm is neat.

I wanted to get the Robot Heroes set with Prime dual-wielding blades last week or the week before, but the Walmart computer said it couldn't be sold. All the ROTF Robot Heroes were gone the next day and they're still not out.

It was really hard to pass up that Bumblebee helmet and blaster.
intelemark
Protoform

ROTF Transformers toys are released in Singapore!

Post by intelemark »

Hi,

The ‘race’ has started and it’s the moment that all Transformers fans here have been waiting for - the arrival of the Transformers movie sequel (Revenge of the Fallen aka ROTF) toys at our local departmental stores! They are out 2 weeks earlier than the local official release date!

thanks,
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Voyager Prime. Wish I'd picked him up sooner.

Scout Dead End. Kinda funky, but good.

Scout Knockout. 'Bout the same as Dead End.

Kinda finding it hard to get excited about the offerings so far. Shame since I really liked the first movie's toys.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Made a trip to the TRU today. Came back with:

Leader Prime
Voyager Starscream
Deluxe Sideswipe and Sideways
Scout Ransack
And the six new Legends molds.

The leader Prime was an uphill, hour long battle, but my goodness, they did it. Those crazy toy-designing mother ****ers really did it. It looks like what it's supposed to in both forms. Luke, you're missing out.

Starscream isn't without faults, but it's a good improvement from the first toy. Hands, for instance.

Sideswipe and Sideways are typical deluxe greatness. Sideswipe needs some sort of award or something. And Sideways is so totally not Barricade at all, nuh-uh. No way. :glance:

And Ransack is indeed spiffy.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Wasn't feelin' him in stores, but with the way everyone's talking about him I might pick up Ransack to see how he measures up.
Clay wrote:Sideswipe and Sideways are typical deluxe greatness. Sideswipe needs some sort of award or something. And Sideways is so totally not Barricade at all, nuh-uh. No way. :glance:
I'm actually waiting for Swerve and Dead End on both counts myself. Means I got a long wait. Though hopefully Ravage will be out soon enough.
The leader Prime was an uphill, hour long battle, but my goodness, they did it. Those crazy toy-designing mother ****ers really did it. It looks like what it's supposed to in both forms. Luke, you're missing out.
Glad to hear that. Though I'd probably get killed for buying another leader Prime. I can get away with a voyager since he's compact.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Clay wrote:It looks like what it's supposed to in both forms. Luke, you're missing out.
I really liked the first Leader version, and I can't really justify the newer model. Even if it has sweet swords.

I'm having some trouble balancing Sideswipe. I think I got the feet correct (that step was super-crappy in the instructions), but the roundness of the wheels isn't conducive to good balance.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Soundwave: Good for display in robot mode. Satilite mode looks weird, but I guess it works, jet mode is a joke. Two step transformation from Satilite to jet.

Skids: Ugly as hell, IMO, Alt mode looks good, robot mode is sturdy, neat transformation(somewhat annoying), but he's so ugly as a robot...

Deadend: neat little guy, like his Bio more than anything.

Sideways: My favorite of these four. reminesscant of Barricade in transformation.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Got Sideswipe and is one of favorites. Does any think that some of the last movie series figures like Landmine and the other none film characters will be released in this line?

Looks like I'm getting the new Prime for the new combine feature with Jetfire.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Sideways I really like. He has a few balance issues, but is well worth the purchase.

I'm not feeling Rampage. He lacks articulation, and his centaur mode doesn't come out as well as I'd like. On the plus side, his Jackhammer mode is wildly entertaining! Pogo of DOOOOOOOOM!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Picked up the first wave of Legends today (I caved Clay... they just looked too good!).

I'm very glad I took the chance on a 4 set bundle deal (offering the equivalent of old-days prices!).

All are at least as good as the best of the previous Movie Legends, if not better. And all are better than the first wave of Movie 1 Legends!

A lot more thought has gone in to the robot modes this time, with better articulation as well.

Prime is the biggest disappointment (as you've probably read, by me, in a number of threads now) - but still a huge improvement on the last version. Sad, though - blue paint apps (or plastic) on the side panels that connect the arms would have made him so much better... As he is, he seems quite tacky next to the rest - but at least this time he looks like Prime, and not some Cubist take on the character!

It's nice to have the new Camaro Bumblebee to stand alongside the myriad '74 Camaros (well, four). He has an infinitely better robot mode, with good arm articulation, and a nice car mode, with sparky gold/yellow glittery plastic, every window painted, and even the Chevy symbol painted gold! He also gets a wee Autobot insignia on his head! Ace! Bumbles no doubt has the most film accurate robot mode.

Springer has a great transformation, with two grand modes. He just fails due to his lack of shoulder articulation. Otherwise, he's great - and one of the most fun of the wave!

Jetfire is the winner for me, though. Despite neithe mode being top notch, the designers have done a good job achieving what they have with a very nice transformation to boot, and have thrown in heaps of robot mode articulation! (I am biased though - I love Blackbirds, and have since I was wee. Snoop used to be my second favourite toy, after G1 Bumblebee, and, to be fair, did the whole thing better in 1986, but had a simpler robot mode...)

The UK toys do not come with instructions on how to combine Prime and Jetfire. I'll hold off experimenting 'til I've seen the film. I'm actually glad - I'd like to see this on the big screen before any toy spoils it!

Still - I look forward to the rest of the line - my initial concerns totally set at ease!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Huh, it got renamed...Oh well. Still means the same thing!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I got deluxe Breakaway and Voyager Starscream at Botcon 09 yesterday.

Breakaway is one of the better jetformers I've seen. His robot mode is well hidden even while his feet stick out they're kinda camouflaged. In robot mode, he looks a hunchback or someone carrying a heavy backpack (this case, his jet kibble). The only downside is that the front of his head is visible in the cockpit like he's playing peekaboo. Overall, he's a really fun toy in both modes. when I saw the breakaway CGI artwork for the game, it was a must buy for me.

ROTF Starscream is a vast improvement compared to is previous incarnation which probably had the fattest jet mode I ever saw. Transformation was very cleverly design.Your right Clay, those designers are crazy mother ****ers.
Screamer's really fun to play with and his jet mode is much sleeker. Once again, another jetformer I recommend buying.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Leader Prime almost got dashed against the wall. What a pain in the ass. MP Megatron was nothing compared to this. An hour and 3 beers later, and he's a truck. Still, after all that, What a great toy. I have the first movie version, and I really like it, but this one is truly Prime. I recommend it, even if you have the first one.

Sideways- this one I thought I would have all the trouble with, but no, the only issue was one he shares with Sideswipe, getting him to balance. Then I noticed the picture had the wheel as the heel and the little foot as the toe, and that works. He's so similar to Barricade, down to the spikey things on his feet, I wonder what's the story there.

Sideswipe- He's pretty deadly looking, I like him. We all know the deal with his feet by now.

Rampage- What an unconventional design for robot mode, I really like it. The jackhammer thing doesn't work on mine without the whole piston popping forward, so the hell with it.

Demolishor- I don't know what to say, but that he's pretty weird looking, and monstrous. *shrug*

Starscream-:up: I wish his arms were better articulated.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Sideswipe would be an awesome toy if I could get him to stand more often. I can't get him in any other poses than just standing there. Even mistransforming the feet doesn't help too much. So sad...

Leader Prime is cool. Love the articulation and the way some of the parts come together. Getting the arms together for truck mode pisses me off, but it takes patience. The swords are a bigger problem. Because of the arm kibble, you either have to have them only part-way in and prone to coming out on their own, or jammed in incorrectly and thus, never coming out with a push of the button. So I have to have them out all the time, pretty much.

I haven't had much time with the three Scouts I bought, so I'll get back to them later. But for the most part, they're disappointing.
Vatterott forbid I learn a thing.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Sir Auros wrote:I really liked the first Leader version, and I can't really justify the newer model. Even if it has sweet swords.

I'm having some trouble balancing Sideswipe. I think I got the feet correct (that step was super-crappy in the instructions), but the roundness of the wheels isn't conducive to good balance.
Get the new version of Leader Prime. It is ten time better than the first movie Leader Prime. Very movie accurate, which the first one was not. The transformation, over-all appearance, everything. It's just a much better mold than the first movie's Leader Prime.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Clay wrote:Sideswipe needs some sort of award or something.

And Ransack is indeed spiffy.
Sideswipe bit quoted for truth. I was a bit underwhelmed by him at first but realize that was only due to expectations being so high! His deluxe is still an incredible toy based on a character with a godly design!

I'll pick up Ransack as soon as I see him. :)
burnitall wrote:Sideswipe- He's pretty deadly looking, I like him. We all know the deal with his feet by now.
Gareth Infinity wrote:Sideswipe would be an awesome toy if I could get him to stand more often. I can't get him in any other poses than just standing there. Even mistransforming the feet doesn't help too much. So sad...
Yes, this is the one really frustrating thing about SS. You CAN accomplish getting him to stand- and when you do it's pretty solid- but only in the most static of poses. Fiddling around with him, he looks great in "action" type poses, but no way you can display him without some type of support! I know it goes against movie accuracy, but Hasbro probably should have somehow found a way to allow him stable feet.
numbat

Post by numbat »

S_Windell wrote: Yes, this is the one really frustrating thing about SS. You CAN accomplish getting him to stand- and when you do it's pretty solid- but only in the most static of poses. Fiddling around with him, he looks great in "action" type poses, but no way you can display him without some type of support! I know it goes against movie accuracy, but Hasbro probably should have somehow found a way to allow him stable feet.
SPOILER! (select to read)
Chromia comes with a stand, does she not? The inclusion of a stand would have been helpful, but is only a minor suggestion for what is a great figure.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Picked up Scout Depthcharge and Deluxe Soundwave today.

Depthcharge is one of the neatest little Transformers I've seen it a while. His robot mode is a bit gangly and ungainly -- he actually reminds me a lot of Spittor's character model from the IDW comics -- and manages to look alien without being unrecognizable. His shoulder-guns are a neat touch, he's fun to fiddle with and the colour scheme just works. He turns into a realistic Earth warship (probably a corvette or a small frigate, by the size of the windows and other detailing), which is something that I've been wanting for a long time with little hope of actually getting. I have to chuckle a bit, though -- since there's no mass-shifting in the Movieverse, this little guy should actually be bigger than Devastator. A top-notch little toy who's definitely worth the price tag.

Soundwave is a mess of parts that don't lock together properly, and that only vaguely look like anything recognizable after you go through the ten minutes of frustrating origami necessary to transform him into either of his alternate modes. His robot mode looks pretty cool, but unless he's meant to turn into an abstract Christmas tree ornament he fails miserably as a Transformer.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I got Sideswipe and Rampage the other day. Sideswipe is indeed awesome, and a chromed premium version would just be double-plus awesome.

Rampage is so close to awesome. Fantastic bulldozer mode with really good detailing and extremely well hidden bot parts. Jackhammer mode is a joke that I was hoping Hasbro would announce is actually arm mode with a few changes. Bot mode could have been great, but I'm not that jazzed by the lower body. Arms are fine (could use more articulation), whips are great, but just give him real feet and eliminate all the junk in his trunk!