SIGHTINGS AND DEALS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

electro girl wrote:For some reason Matalan have Alternators for a tenner, I dont know if it was just the one store in Hull so you may have to check,
Apparently one in the Midlands has the same offer, so I think it's general toy stock they've got in. Shockblast, Swindle and Silverstreak have been sighted. Clamshell packaging.

Trying to decide if I can be arsed -- Swindle's likeable after fiddling with a friend's, much more balanced than Binaltech Hound. Weather today convinced me otherwise, though. I get the impression Shockblast may look better up close than in most of the photos online.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

This isn't getting enough contributions to make it worth having at the top of the news forum, IMO. Maybe we can shuffle it back and forth seasonally?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Bit late, but Shockblast's alright if you ignore the pathetic engineering on the head...
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Check our nearest Tesco because today I found uni voyagers down to £15 and ulras down to £20. I missed out on Leo Prime and Overlord as I had to catch a bus.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Some walmarts seem to be running a sale on movie Voyagers for $18. Got Mixmaster and Demolisher yesterday and saved $10, whoo.
Denyer wrote:This isn't getting enough contributions to make it worth having at the top of the news forum, IMO. Maybe we can shuffle it back and forth seasonally?
Seasonal is the key. Most stores run their sales during the holiday prep season. Middle of summer, not so much...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

electro girl wrote:Check our nearest Tesco because today I found uni voyagers down to £15 and ulras down to £20. I missed out on Leo Prime and Overlord as I had to catch a bus.
Those are still preposterous prices. You're most the way to a proper toy for that amount.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Those prices don't look any different to me than my store has been selling them since they came in months ago. Though we have now cunningly put Silverbolt in with the ROTF toys in a cunning attempt to shift the bugger.
numbat

Post by numbat »

The ROTF Energon Superion combiner set is in Sainsbury's for 22.49 GBP (introductory price until 07/07/09).

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

there are A LOT of Ani. Sunstorm/ratchet and Shockwave/BB sets around Zellers/Walmart in the Windsor area @ $34.99 CDN so anyone around here can easily find one.
"BugBite...Do you ever get the feeling like you dont belong here? You know, Like someone just stuck you in a box and sold your soul for a crapload of cash?"
HotShot81
Protoform

Sale at Zeller's, Canada

Post by HotShot81 »

Just a heads up to all my fellow Canadien Transformer Animated fans out there, seems Zellers is having a sale on Transformers Animated figures. Picked up Megatron usually $59 for $49. Deluxe figures are going for $9. a pop.

Cheers

Hotshot
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Clay wrote:Some walmarts seem to be running a sale on movie Voyagers for $18. Got Mixmaster and Demolisher yesterday and saved $10, whoo.
Here, too, and the deluxes are $9, and leaders...:rant: well, the display said $37.95 or something, but looking at my reciept, I was charged $44.88.:mad:
ismellicecream
Protoform

Post by ismellicecream »

Just been to sainsurys this morning and they have a sale on animated toys - £10 for voyager and £4.99 for deluxe.

Not many left in my local store though so I got blitzwing and sentinel prime.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Amazingly, there are a slew of Animated Leader Ultra Magnus and Bulkheads available at the nearby Toys R' Us satellite store for $20.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Toys R Us is having a sale in the UK, Animated Deluxes are a fiver off, Animated and Classic Voyagers are half price, Classic ultras are also half price and the Whirl and Bludgeon twin pack is a tenner off. I didn't get chance to check everything else but I'm pretty sure its a price slash across the board so check it out instore or online.
Lonewyrm
Protoform

Post by Lonewyrm »

Anyone in Ireland, and more specifically Cork, Discount World on North Main St got in a bunch of Deluxes; Wave 1 Universe and Waves 1 and 2 Animated. Picked up Prowl, Sunstreaker, Tankor from the former, and Prowl, Blackarachnia, Ratchet, Cybertron Prime and Bumblebee from the latter, €8 each.
Clay

Post by Clay »

BBTS is running a 20% off sale on movie toys for the next few days.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Toysrus is having voyager class half price sale only today (12/9/09) in the US. Don't know if I will drive there in the snow storm.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Paul053 wrote:Toysrus is having voyager class half price sale only today (12/9/09) in the US. Don't know if I will drive there in the snow storm.
Heh. For those that don't have a TRU, go to Wal-Mart and comp it. I'll probably get Voyager Megatron today then.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Careful with that TRU sale. It's only on Universe. They tend to list "Voyager Class Transformers" but only mean a certain line. I ran into that a few months ago when I tried to get some Animated voyagers at half off with a similar sale.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

The Range of all places sells Transformers at a tad under retail price (just a pound or so) and have ultras for £15 but they only had Silverbolt so I passed.