POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I picked up RotF Voyager The Fallen and Scout Nightbeat at my local walmart.

Also ordered Movie Prequel Protoform Optimus Prime and Car Robots God Maguns.

With their arrival I will have completed my Movie 1 collection (with exclusion to the premiums), and only require Scourge to complete my RiD/Car Robots collection!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Legends Devastator, Activators Bumblebee and Thundercracker, Voyager Long Haul and Bludgeon.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Got HA Barricade. He is a good figure but the hip joints are VERY strange.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

ROTF Dirge is underwhelming.

Makes a good Movieverse Armada Thrust though.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I got Binaltech Arcee yesterday as well as Classics Leo Prime for Valentine's Day. :D

Arcee is possibly the best Binaltech/Alternators mold there is in my opinion, and the fact that almost all of the car bits are diecast is truly nice. Takara even managed to match the white paint up on the bits that are plastic as well, without cocking it up, a bit of a surprise really to be honest. I love the uber long sniper gun too, very nice touch, even if it doesn't exactly go well with a shield as an accompanying accessory.

Leo Prime is, well, Leobreaker with a new head and paint job. My love for the character makes me like it, but really its not that great of a mold to start with. I no longer have Cybertron Prime to connect it with either, so it will stand in as a member of the pack with my other Japanese BW figures till I can one day track down the original. At least my wife only paid $9 for it, kinda takes away a bit of the sting, and its a nifty figure if you forget what it came from initially, that being the Cybertron line.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Don't know why but I got ROTF Mindwipe yesterday. He is not a bad figure at all, taller than average voyager class and very posable and sturdy but lacks of weapons (only those two pathetic blades) and characteristics for a voyager class.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Got my MP Black Convoy and Alternity Cliffjumper today.

Convoy is nice and solid besides the damn ankles, but can still stand fine. Poses much better than the original I had years ago [first edition]. No extras with mine whatsoever [no metal card, no comic book] and the instruction booklet is a disgrace to the series-there's only B\W instructions on the transformation and features, no text or pictures from the cartoon whatsoever. Not that he appeared in it, but I was expecting a reprint of Convoy's booklet.

Cliffjumper was a tad difficult to decrypt his instructions, but he's a neat figure overall. Much easier to transform than I though, decently articulated. He's SMALL, but fun. I'm a bit buffed about how takara has gotten so cheap with the collector oriented toyline they're putting out. The box is almost all plastic with very, very little substance. The plastic prison that houses Cliffjumper has no twist ties or adhesive tape at all, thankfully. The instructions are printed on the backside of a huge paper detailing Cliff's stats and the progressive story of the line. Those remind me of the cyber key planet maps used for the Cybertron line.

The figure itself is neat and very detailed, more like a mini masterpiece, but the overall presentation falls out flat.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

a bit left-field, but I got deluxe rotf jolt the other day. mstly due to the fact he was £6.50 (half price), and lookd surprisingly tidy in alt mode on the card.

i must say, im quite impressed with him. articulation isnt perfect, but better than you first think, mostly down to his highly stable feet. my only real complaint is that his arm kibble gets in the way a bit (both in terms of positining his arms, and visually masking his claws, which i think im going to have to paint to make them stand out a bit), and his head doesn't perceptably move, so the head-joint is wasted. And the whips look more like harpoons, but I can live with that.

i also think that as altmodes go, he's one of the most solid in the line. everything fits together nicely, and locks in well.

for the price, an absolute bargain, as i haven't stopped playing with him yet.

and yes, jolt blah blah wanders the desert <insert TFW2005 jolt as jesus jokes>
FortressMaximus
Protoform

Post by FortressMaximus »

“The Revenge of Bruticus”
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/The_ ... f_Bruticus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxZhuvoqAs

I forgot that I had ordered these two Justitoys WST figures. It was a great surprise today! I esp. love the WST Shockwave! He is alittle more sturdy than Blaster. Mine has a jammed right foot pice that will not move. I've afraid to apply too much pressure, b/c he will easliy snap in two. Same with move his legs further out to the sides. There is space to do it, but again it didn't act like it wanted to budge and I was afraid to break him. Did not know it came with a right fist to hold the gun! I've attached the episode "The Revenge of Bruticus" to go with the pose pics.

Kinda disappointed in the lack of quality in WST Blaster though. His parts fall off way too easily. And though his chest plate opens the the cassette inside I guess is suppose to be steeljaw, but it looks nothing like him ...it's nothing but very loose and losable pieces.

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

borg72 wrote:deluxe rotf jolt
Possibly my favourite Deluxe of the line, on the balance - I initially adopted him out of sympathy, but the toy really is rather nice, it doesn't try to do too much. I just think it's a real shame they parred back the paint apps for the robot mode.

That really is a neat extra with Shockwave - can the barrel fit on the backpack guns as well?
FortressMaximus
Protoform

Sadly no. The barrles are not open. They are sealed over.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I found the deluxe Brawn today. Also saw deluxe Ratchet, Lockdown, and the Sideswipe repaint, but didn't bite.

I think the Ratchet looks much better than the voyager (it's properly lanky and not bulky - spot on for how it's supposed to look), but it's totally not right that it's the same size as Bumblebee.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, it just doesn't look right to me - the legs are made to look too thin by the kibble pileup on the hips. It also might be that I've jsut got really used to the Voyager version.

Brawn looks nice, but I weirdly find it much easier to 'accept' non-screen Decepticons than Autobots...
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Cliffjumper wrote:I weirdly find it much easier to 'accept' non-screen Decepticons than Autobots...
theory: decepticons have an automatic level of bad-ass-ery by the fact they're decepticons, autobots have that much less credibility unless they've 'proven' themselves somewhere in other media
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Could be it... It also might be that most of the Decepticons we've seen in the films tend to be taciturn thugs that are just violence on legs - so Stockade isn't much different to, say, Bonecrusher, as if Stockade had somehow been in the film he probably would have just attacked someone and then died.

I think it's that a lot of the non-screen Decepticons have fairly non-descript names - Ransack, Stockade, Payload, Dropkick, Dirtboss, Wreckage - that I don't particularly associate with a personality (it doesn't work for Dead End or Swindle). Whereas trying to believe some random Jazz recolour is beloved favourite Smokescreen is a bit harder to swallow...
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Cliffjumper wrote:Brawn looks nice, but I weirdly find it much easier to 'accept' non-screen Decepticons than Autobots...
Same here. That's why I got Mindwipe. But guess what? I've returned it back to the store. I found I cannot find any reason to like him.
FortressMaximus
Protoform

My patience finally paid off! I finally snagged an Animated Arcee! It was the last one on the shelf at TRU! Now I add her to my collection. I now have three versions of Arcee: Animated,ROTF, and a G1 Custom Motorcycle one.

Ackula

Post by Ackula »

FortressMaximus wrote:My patience finally paid off! I finally snagged an Animated Arcee! It was the last one on the shelf at TRU!
I hate you. May you burn in the deepest pits of Hell.

....nah.. congrats are in order I reckon, just a bit frustrated as there are none around here. ;)
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Ackula wrote:I hate you. May you burn in the deepest pits of Hell.
....nah.. congrats are in order I reckon, just a bit frustrated as there are none around here. ;)
Seconded.

Anyways, My God Magnus and Movie Prequel Protoform Optimus Prime came in the other day. Now I've got Omega Prime standing tall!

I also broke and bought a Masterpiece Skywarp when I found it in the clearence isle of my walmart for $25.

oh, also got RotF Scout Nightbeat at some point last week.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
FortressMaximus
Protoform

Key word is..."NOT Yet!! Be patience...I bet she'll show up soon at your local TRU store! I thought she'd never arrive here! We are ususally the late place to recieve anything!:wave: