Advise me. (Please)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
AA.Logan
Protoform

Advise me. (Please)

Post by AA.Logan »

Lurker turned poster, here.

My collection has been built in in a largely haphazzard, impulse buy way so far. Which is kind of fun, but I feel i need some more structure.

So I've made a shopping list of the yet-to-be-realeased stuff, and I'm going to stick to it. In theory, at least.

But it's an absolute age until any of that comes out, and I haven't bought a Transformer for at least a week, and I'm starting to crumble.

My collection in a newish one- numerically, it is Animated, Classics/Universe, Film then the odd G1 bit that survived my childhood. I keep them almost exclusively in robot mode, bar my legends.

So for my next piece I'm wanting to buy somwething a bit nicer.

I'll probably end up getting all of these options at some point, but at present I'm torn between-

Human alliance Bumblebee

Revoltech Megatron

Alternators Shockblast

Alternators Ravage

I've read reviews on here, looked at online galleries, but I'd like some further guidance, please...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Alternators Ravage is rubbish once you get beyond "awh, it turns into a cat".

Shockblast, on the other hand, is arguably the best design to come out of the range.

Welcome along and I hope that helps.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, out of those I'd probably go for Shockblast as well.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

HA Bumblebee gives Shockblast a run for your money, I'd say...
Wreck and Rule!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Shockblast, hands down. One of the best Alternators molds, if not the best, plus its Shockwave. I don't have Ravage, but have never bought it for the same reason that Halfshell recommended not buying it.

The Revoltech figures are fun to muck around with for a few hours, but ultimately you realize that its just an articulated Action Master, then it gets scrapped to the un-played with bin.

Movie toys... well I'm not the right one to give advice, Cliffy is. Personally I can't stand them for some reason, despite liking the movie. Anyways, welcome to the board ;)
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Human Alliance Bumblebee is aces. Top notch. Extremely articulated, very detailed, fun as a car mode...only downside is that bar the other HA figures and perhaps Deluxe Ravage, he's out of scale with anything else.

Alternators Shockblast is also a very, very fine figure. If you can, find and get the Binaltech Version. Heavier, nicer finish and hasn't got as much stability issues as the other Binaltechs do. It's pricey though.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Either the HA Bumblebee or Shockwave, yeah.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ackula wrote:Movie toys... well I'm not the right one to give advice, Cliffy is. Personally I can't stand them for some reason, despite liking the movie. Anyways, welcome to the board ;)
I'm not touching HA stuff, as I'd have to get the lot. I'm bloody glad they cocked up the colours on the girlbikes...
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Knightdramon wrote:Human Alliance Bumblebee is aces. Top notch. Extremely articulated, very detailed, fun as a car mode...only downside is that bar the other HA figures and perhaps Deluxe Ravage, he's out of scale with anything else.
I display my HA Bumblebee with my Alts, BTs & MPs. The scale may not be perfect, but they all look good enough together for me. HA Bee isn't too far off Alt scale, is he?

You're right about HA Bee and Deluxe Ravage. They look good together. If only that spine came out...
Wreck and Rule!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote: HA Bee isn't too far off Alt scale, is he?
Never measured it to work out the exact scale, but it's not radically different, no.
Nautilator

Post by Nautilator »

AA.Logan wrote:
Alternators Ravage
which Alt Ravage are you talking about? The Corvette Alt or the Jaguar Alt?

Also +1 to recommend Alt Shocky...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, both Cathead and Catcar are pretty terrible looking. Ejector in Alternators form.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Go for HA Barricade. I've had him about a month now and he still rocks.

Maybe go for the City Commander addon set for Ultra Magnus clasics.

HA BB is pretty cool too.

The Alternators are nice, I like my Battle Ravage.
AA.Logan
Protoform

Post by AA.Logan »

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Legends Barricade is one of my favourite Transformers ever. The deluxe one rather less so...

I'm after the HA version, but haven't seen him yet.

My options are basically what I can buy on Tuesday in manchester on a trip for training. (I say training, I mean day out...)
AA.Logan
Protoform

Post by AA.Logan »

Sorry to dominate this thread, and apologies if you're not that arsed, but I started it, so I'll share.

I went for Shockblast and he's lovely.

Which means I'm probably going to have get more Alternators now...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Don't, they soon get boring... Go for either Smokescreen or Silverstreak as a counter to Shockers and quit while you're ahead.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

If you can, take the japanese version of Windcharger as well. That thing is awesome with a gun.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

AA.Logan wrote:Which means I'm probably going to have get more Alternators now...
Mmm. It's tempting, innit? I'd echo Cliffy's sentiments - it's a nice idea but the novelty soon wears off and gets replaced by the realisation that there's only a handful of design ideas desperately being recycled.

I'd say that, if you're going to pursue the line, don't go with each mould more than once. The Viper (Sideswipe/Dead End), Jeep (Hound/Swindle) and the Subaru are the only ones you really need beyond the Mazda.

Maybe Windcharger, too. And Clay will possibly tell you that the Mustang's awesome, but if he does you must remember that he's wrong about it.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I don't know about Windcharger specifically, but that mold is the best one in my opinion. I have Binaltech Arcee, and that figure is hands down the best Alternators/Binaltech mold in my opinion. Closely followed by the Mazda, Corvette, and Subaru. The Mustang is shit. In my opinion. Of course I've only ever owned a KO of it though.