universe f***ing Tankor!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Prowl1984

universe f***ing Tankor!

Post by Prowl1984 »

ok, just got this guy misb off ebay and i can't transform the bastard. followed instructions to the letter but the 6th step just doesn't work. i'm meant to move the truck cab up to encase the upright wings but it just won't go past a certain point. anyone else have issues with this f**ker?

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Are you referring to the Legends class figure?

Hahaha, j/k. I remember having a strange time with the transformation as well for the truck form. I never could get the wheels straight and true, I don't think they are designed that way.

I kind of like how he has dual lasers though.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

i've given up and put him on display in robot mode. massively fecked off that i couldn't transform him into truck mode

Hunter S.Thompson
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

If you're talking about the Tankor I'm thinking of, that's just one reason why he's a piece of junk. :)

I've had the same problem too. I find that it helps to line up his propeller blades first, then press his wings tightly together and try to click it into place. Sometimes it'll put up a fight, though, and they won't want to fit.
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

have you moved his groin area up into his back?

btw its really not worth transforming him
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
borg72

Post by borg72 »

can honestly say the only issue i ever had was trying to keep the claw/shell attached during transformation. and the propellers always made me a bit nervous going into truck mode. they need to be overlapping in a way i don't like, in order to get his wings close enough to be able to wrap the legs/truck cab around completely. and yeah, that thing with the pelvic armor threw me first time

but honestly, i really like this guy. ok, not enough to get the henkei over the classics 2.0, but still.

oh, and thank you for giving me the chance to say 'pelvic armor' in all seriousness.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

The day I got him, I think I transformed him to tanker mode once, then got him(and left him) in robot mode.

Now, if they'd only do a Classics Blitzwing. Astrotrain and Tankor Octane look a little odd standing there with Animated Blitzwing.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

borg72 wrote:
oh, and thank you for giving me the chance to say 'pelvic armor' in all seriousness.
that was exactly why i started this thread

Hunter S.Thompson
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I...like Tankor. Didn't have any difficulties transforming him.

Though, I also LOVE Henkei Galvatron. And the Prowl\Streak mould. And Ironhide. A LOT.

So don't take anything I say for granted...
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:I...like Tankor. Didn't have any difficulties transforming him.

Though, I also LOVE Henkei Galvatron. And the Prowl\Streak mould. And Ironhide. A LOT.

So don't take anything I say for granted...
Noted.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

The wings are finicky to get into place. There are peg holes on each side which snap into the two halves of the truck front. As long as you somewhat line up the prop blades and get those pegs to line up, it all should be fine...

Should is the key word there....
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I'm with Knightdramon in that i like Tankor...

...in robot mode. Sans the big PoS so called weapon he comes with. He's like a 21st century Action Master, except with an overall worse design and a transformation that really succeeded as much as the transformations of the original Action Masters, imho. Still, i like him. Sorta.

Of course i use like in the loosest sense of the word. ;)

And Ironhide was fine. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

What happened? Did Ironhide loose his luster for you :)