[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Got my Yakuza 4 Kuro/Shiro edition plus Yakuza 3 as a preorder bonus in on Thursday as well as Crysis 2, both on PS3.
Destruction is my specialty
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Been ripping through Dragon Age 2, love it! gameplay's vastly improved over the first but the story is suffering for it

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Been looking at Mazin Saga (Genesis) this weekend.

Trying to extract benefit from games is often on my mind.

(health-science: SAT math?)
Childrens' Math sites!

peace
WINFORD
Protoform

Post by WINFORD »

I have planned to buy the Two games series for Xbox 360 in this week . The Names are as below

Fallout: New Vegas
Red Dead Redemption
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

I have just gotten Tales of Monkey Island, and damn am I happy.
Rodimus Convoy

Post by Rodimus Convoy »

I got Super Mario Bros. All-Stars: 25th Anniversary Edition for my birthday. At first I was overjoyed, until I remembered I suck horribly at SMB. But I like the one with Raccoon Mario. That one I'm not too bad at. :D
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I got me some Crackdown 2, while it was on sale last Sunday, I plan to do the same with Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone wars on Xbox 360.
David12
Protoform

Post by David12 »

The greatest movie game, but it have been better than Riddick Atari snachted after by the whole Activison nonsense. Ghostbusters and Riddick Atari's ass might be saved. I hope we see each more.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I got WWE All stars (on PS3) on Wednesday and plan to start on it next week after I finish Yakuza 3, which I plan to do hopefully on Sunday, if not, then Monday.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Downloaded Mega Man X on the Wii's VC a couple weeks back. Then I split my hand open and haven't been able to play in a long time. Can't wait to get back to it and here's hoping sales warrant a release of X2 and X3 as well!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

LA Noire. Friday. That is all.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Got Mortal Kombat (PS3) earlier in the month. That's right I beat the Australian Customs.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

After agonising for ages over getting a next gen console, PS3... 360... PS3... etc etc. I finally got a Wii.

Not brand new, mind (coz I'm tight). But only 3 weeks old, mint in box black Wii for £80 off a bloke who bought it for his daughter and she wasn't interested.

Although I would love the likes of Fallout 3, Borderlands, Vanquish, Halo Reach and so on, the truth is I get bored easily and I'd quit way before getting far into the game. At least with the Wii the games are like me, quick and simple.

Plus the Gamecube and DS have been my favourite consoles so far (though I've got lots of love for the PSOne).

I also adored Mario Sunshine and I've been dying to play Galaxy and Twilight Princess (as well as picking up some cheap Gamecube games).

I know i'll be pining for a PS3 now... but I'd just waste it.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I got a new copy of Pokemon FireRed in from Amazon on Thursday, I'm loving it!

I really missed Gen I Kanto...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

And today I bought Little Kings Story and Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii. I'm a happy bunny.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Been debating Cysis 2 and WWE All Stars for awhile plus the new MK looks mighty sick.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

L.A. Noire. Lots of fun so far.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Auntie Slag wrote:Plus the Gamecube and DS have been my favourite consoles so far (though I've got lots of love for the PSOne).

I also adored Mario Sunshine and I've been dying to play Galaxy and Twilight Princess (as well as picking up some cheap Gamecube games).
Man I loved my GC. I remember picking it up with all the money I had at the time. I had just enough to get the GC and Rogue Squadron. I owned that and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for about a year and a half before I could afford more. Damn that was a fun system.

Mario Sunshine is a great game, and I've also been contemplating picking it up soon, probably through trade-ins! I listened to the soundtrack CD that came with Super Mario All-Stars for the Wii and the Delfino Plaza track totally brought back memories of how much time I dumped into Sunshine. What a fun trip...
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I always dissed the Gamecube for its tiny little discs and inability to play DVDs. Once I got our Wii, though, and tried some Gamecube titles that I picked up on the cheap, I promptly recanted all my years of ignorance. Great system, some great exclusive titles, and a very comfortable controller.

I got several copies of Flingsmash at Target this week for $19.99. It's an OK game, and the kids enjoy it, but a Motionplus controller for $20 can't be beat! Especially if I sell the games for even $5.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yeah, the Wii has brought back all my Gamecube love. I do appreciate the extra attention to detail that goes into certain Nintendo games. So even though they may not be the toughest of challenges, or the most graphically fantastic... its all the little nuances I like.

Every so often I'd find something new in Mario Sunshine that I'd never realised I could do before, and it really was fun messing about in all the different levels.

That's not to say there aren't fun games on other systems. I had an X-Box, PS2 and Gamecube. I think I got the most value from the GC, although X-Box Halo, Outrun 2, Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta & Fable ran it close a few times.