General LEGO discussion (inc. collectible minifigs)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Okay, wait. They got them in Manitoba? I never saw them in Alberta. Not even once. I stopped looking after awhile.

Maybe I was looking at the wrong times or something. But now that I'm not in Alberta I might be able to get my minifig on.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

They've only just started showing up in the last three months or so, that I've noticed. I only saw them very, very rarely before I took my trip down to the States, but since I got back I see them a lot more...although that could be because I'm looking for them now, too. At first they were only available in Chapters/Coles bookstores in little impluse-buy bins by the checkout. They seem to have caught on now, though, because even big-box stores like TRU and Walmart are stocking them.

Walmart is about the only place that actually stocks them in the toy department, though, and even then they're usually in a different section than the rest of the Lego. Everywhere else, they're right by the checkout because they're too easy to pocket and walk off with.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I gots them! I founds them!

The TRU limits people to two per person. I bought two, and they both turned out to be Queen's guard guys. :/ But I can totally get them now.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I found the latest series at Barnes and Noble near me, oddly enough. Didn't have any cash to pick a few up though, money's tight right now and bills, food, and supporting my family come before little plastic men.

The dwarf and the gladiator look really neat though. And the eskimo looks nifty too...
Sades

Post by Sades »

I love the little soccer player's trophy.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I got two clowns, an eskimo, a snowboarder, the detective, and the boxer.

No dwarf or gladiator for me. :(
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Not Lego as such, but as it's blatantly supposed to look as much like the minifigs as possible... Picked up the "Character Building" Doctor Who set of all 11 Doctors. They're all so cute! And the fact the box design and costume choices mirrors the bigger box of the full size action figures is really neat as well. Shame that, if the 7th Doctor's umbrella had to be just one colour that they didn't go for black rather than all red though.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Rare-Ch ... 1e682deea1

Getting some water-transfer decals done can't be that expensive...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Gotta love bonkers Ebay auctions. I'm not sure how super rare it can be when Smyth's toyshop (who I've never heard of before and are new in town but apparently have stores all over the place) have an entire front end shelf groaning under the weight of boxes upon boxes of the 11 Doctors set. Which has that figure and ten others for under twenty quid. I'm almost tempted to go buy the rest if I can get that sort of mark up on just the one figure.

The daft thing is, 10 is actually one of the weaker ones as by the stage the company have reached him they seem to have been struggling to come up with different expressions for each Doctor and he looks like he's having an especially difficult poo.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't actually read the text of the auction (or looking back on it, Denyer's post) properly. Well worth paying the extra forty odd quid for ten less toys in exchange for a small drawing of some glasses. I apologise.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I don't like Character Options not-Lego. But them I'm a weird Lego facist, unless it says Lego on the box then i'm not interested! Mega Blocks are horribly rubbery bits of crap that don't fit together properly and the Character stuff just feels...wrong. The Kre-O stuff Hasbro has churned out is of a very high quality though.

Anyway! Its nearly Christmas! So i have set up my Christmassy Lego sets - the winter bakery and winter toy shop! I love these. a tad on the pricey side for what they are, but the detailing and build patterns are superb. Plus! Carol singers! ha ha! awesome :) The post office looks good, but i might wait until we're 'out of season' to pick that up...

ooh! an i also recently bought the alien conquest tripod thing! oh my god, this sub line is such fun! in this set you get this super cute alien thing that you can attach to the head of a regular City minifigure so he looks like he's under alien control or something! great fun.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I think I'm going to have to steal this Lego Christmas Village idea... I wanted to start collecting Christmas Village crap, but Lego is so much cooler.

We finally made it out to Toys R Us, I lucked out and got these... I'd been hoping for the guy in the Dinosaur suit! So out of Series 5, We're up two guys in big hats, Dinosaur guy, and the Gladiator. So want the Eskimo and the Viking.
Attachments
IMG_0308.JPG
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

When I get to sending stuff (probably best to give it a month or so; postal services around Christmas are usually crap in my experience) remind me if you haven't acquired an Eskimo by then.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Anyone interested in trading their doubles or triples? :)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Anyone else get some of these for Christmas? I got another lumberjack (:(), an eskimo/ice fisherman (:)) and the guy in the lizard suit (:D).

The lizard suit guy is the most adorable thing ever.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

No minifigures...but i did get a Technic set! it is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-8048-Techn ... 968&sr=1-5

which was actually my birthday present from my sister (only six months late :lol:) but was nice to have to muck about with over christmas. its great fun, nice and springy with steering and big squishy rubber tyres. it also builds into a tractor, but i'm not tired of the buggy just yet.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I finally got the Robot from the first series thanks to my fiancee's sister's girlfriend.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Warcry wrote:I got another lumberjack (:()
Wanna trade? :D
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Got a Gladiator and a Dwarf. Awesome!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Tetsuro wrote:Wanna trade? :D
I'm probably going to strip him for parts, actually. The plaid shirt looks like it'd be useful.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Warcry wrote:I'm probably going to strip him for parts, actually. The plaid shirt looks like it'd be useful.