Which DOTM release will you be getting?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.

The September one because I want it now!
15%
The later one because I actually watch bonus features.
54%
Neither because the movie sucked.
No votes
Both because I'm impatient and a completist.
8%
FREEBIRD!!
23%

Total votes: 13

Notabot

Post by Notabot »

And.... discuss.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Lack of cash in the here-and-now does drive this decision a bit too, but I'm a (relatively) patient guy. I'll wait for the one with the extras.
Wreck and Rule!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The later one. Waiting to get bonus features won't kill me.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'd like the version with extras on,but i have a horrible feeling that the extras will be more plentiful on the blu ray than the dvd.more and more these days,dvds are vanilla releases with maybe only one or two extras on.whilst i wont die if i don't have extras,if i really like a film or tv show then i do like dipping into all the making of and documentary stuff and its a shame that this stuff is being taken off the dvd format in favour of making blu ray more enticing.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Whichever one drops to about three quid first.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Don't need special features, just need to watch the movie I wanted to see all summer and never got a chance to watch.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

First one out... I never watch special features, I just want a version where someone doesn't stand up when the Autobots are piling on Sentinel. I mean, for God's sake woman, you've made it through two hours twenty minutes, why flake there?
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'll put money down when they release the new TF flicks as a deluxe box set and borrow other people's DVDs until then. And/or will get it for Christmas.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The Blu Ray, whatever be on it. I didn't know they weren't doing the extra filled version at the same time, that's a bit odd isn't it? There an intentional disc shortage?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

I'll be getting the blue ray 3 film pack which is released in 28th November. Got the first 2 on dvd but may as well upgrade them to blue ray as the 3 pack is just £29.99 and has been already pre ordered :)
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

The later because I want that Megatron transforming case......

But I will rent the first release.
ΩΩΩ

Post by ΩΩΩ »

I do not know what different versions are available.

The 3D version is not listed yet for purchase on Amazon. I will likely wait and get that.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

I bought the Blu-Ray that was released along with the other 2 movies in one set at Walmart for $40 around Christmas.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I actually just got the Blu-Ray trilogy as well, and I'm a little disappointed. I haven't had a chance to look too closely, but it looks like the stripped out a lot of the special features. Each disc says "Disc 1" on it prominently, kind of making me think there should be a disc 2 as well. I only watched the first scene with Blackout from the first movie, and to be honest, I didn't see any huge difference between Blu-ray and DVD, even when comparing the two back to back. Makes me think that Blu-ray's not really worth it. :(
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I picked up the first one without even realising it didn't have the commentary etc. These are the only films where I watch all that stuff, so I'll inevitably buy that one too.
Notabot wrote:Makes me think that Blu-ray's not really worth it. :(
This has been my thinking all along, especially considering that by the time enough people go HD, streaming and downloading will be the norm.
I like bears.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I know the details aren't completely available yet, but it looks to me like the difference between "Transformers:Prime Season One" on Blu-ray and DVD is price only. Both are listed with a run time of 600 minutes, and the Blu-ray doesn't mention any kind of special features. Doesn't seem worth it at all.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

the thing is, dvd has always been able to do everything blu ray can do in terms of special features. Its not like when we went from VHS to DVD and all this is new. If there's any difference besides the HD, they're forcing it.
I like bears.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Some have pointed out that the higher capacity of BD makes more special features possible, but do we really need a seventh featurette about Michael Bay's shampooing technique?
horizon
Protoform

Post by horizon »

I just wanted the movie and bought exactly that. :)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I picked up the "Limited Edition" 3D release, because that was the only way to get the bonus features, apparently. I'm not planning to get a 3D TV anytime soon, or a player to play it, so one of the 4 discs in the set won't be seeing use anytime soon. I just think it's insane that they decided to wait until Feburary(at least around here) to release the full with extras version. What was the point?

To keep ranting, I'm also not thrilled that it's getting to the level that if you want deleted scenes/making of/etc, you have to get the more expensive Blu-Ray edition. Even just a bloody commentary. Are they doing it to push Blu-Ray more, or in this case Bu-Ray 3D, or are they just doing it to wring a few extra bucks out of people?

And it seems to be only the big companies that are doing it. I got the Jackie Chan movie 1911 on regular DVD with all the extras, the only difference between the regular DVD and the Blu-Ray versions was the price.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642