Aren't you people reading the news? Next MP plus more!!!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Aren't you people reading the news? Next MP plus more!!!

Post by Knightdramon »

Last time I posted a thread like this it was moved to the appropriate news thread, but this time it seems it got overlooked.

Straight from Cybertron con 2012 somewhere in Asia

MP-12 Sideswipe [G1 form]---blueprints only

Various remoulds and repaints of Prime-movie-generations figures as ASIA exclusives:
ROTF Bludgeon into G2 Megatron [new head]
Universe Inferno into G1 Hot Spot [new head]
HFTD Highbrow into Powerdive [new head, who the F is powerdive again?]
FE Bulkhead into G1 Brawn [new head]

FE Cliffjumper into G1 Cliffjumper [new head]
GEN Jazz into G1 Wheelie [WTF with new head]
HFTD Tomahawk into G1 Springer [new head]
GEN Kup into G1 Swerve [new headmould, actually only new head mould shown]

HFTD Starscream in G1 Colours for M Trilogy line [meh]
DOTM Ironhide in G1 Colours for M Trilogy line [again, meh]
---Both are leaders---

Masterpiece Sunstorm first promo shots, not back, if accurate to the final product it has a gradient effect in jet mode with all the orange and some tiny flames on his cockpit side and air intakes.

WFC\FOC Starscream revealled for Generations 2013. Kickass mould, very accurate. No mention of repaints yet.

PRIME RID Rumble revealled, new mould, blue car with extra piledrivers, nice robot mode that reminds me of Gurren Lagan and Gaiking [chest with a face].
RID Kup revealled, ironically he's a repaint of RID Ironhide BEFORE we saw Ironhide. Pickup truck with cannons on the back that end up on the arms.
Also, RID Voyager Breakdown. Looks accurate [gray testshot], very bulky.

:up::clap:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Knightdramon wrote: HFTD Tomahawk into G1 Springer [new head]

WFC\FOC Starscream revealled for Generations 2013. Kickass mould, very accurate. No mention of repaints yet.

PRIME RID Rumble revealled, new mould, blue car with extra piledrivers, nice robot mode that reminds me of Gurren Lagan and Gaiking [chest with a face].
RID Kup revealled, ironically he's a repaint of RID Ironhide BEFORE we saw Ironhide. Pickup truck with cannons on the back that end up on the arms.
Also, RID Voyager Breakdown. Looks accurate [gray testshot], very bulky.

:up::clap:
These are the ones I'm excited about. I need me a Springer that won't cost me an arm and a leg to keep working on my Wreckers. And FoC Starscream actually has me rather excited.

Also, it's not like we haven't seen the model for Ironhide. His Cyberverse commander looks close to that, only in red, and smaller. :-p It's not a total shocker he'd be getting a larger figure. Plus, it's Kup!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Not really, other than bits of comic news. You want this thread in the News forum?

Sideswipe as a MP mould sounds interesting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Nope, I had already updated both relevant threads yesterday but got no responses, hence my posting this here with more info.

Sideswipe looks very accurate in the blue prints, both shoulder and hand riffle present. Doesn't look like he can be retooled into Sunstreaker, legs are too different and don't appear to work like the universe figures.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

None of that has me terribly excited. Lots of money for old rope. Aside from MP Sideswipe. Which is, um an interesting choice. Not really at the top of my list for the MP treatment, but nice that he's getting somesort of recognition. Despite the multiple reissues, Universe toy, the convention exclusive and...er, um...So is he going to be a Lamorgini? Or just a generic swoosh of a thing?

Also: FE Cliffjumper...as G1 Cliffjumper. That sounds silly. As Prime Cliffjumper is based on G1 Cliffjumper (the horns and everything). So what's that all about?

Not sure about the use of ROTF Bludgeon being used for G2 Megs..its way too skeletal!

Powerdive is a G2 Rotorbot.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Tenously interested in the MP, but TBH I think they're going to over-complicate it. A tricked-out Deluxe sized figure with some tasty diecast based on the Marvel/Sunbow model would be ace, but Takara are never going to fork out for the Lambo, so it's going to be another Classics-esque soulless blob car rather than Bertone lines.

Not much of the other stuff floats my boat, TBH, and some of it sounds outright horrific - Bludgeon as Megatron, Jazz as Wheelie, Prime figs with G1 heads, urgh. Still, plus side of Kup being an Ironhide recolour is it hopefully means only Ironhide will actually be in the Prime series. Kup's pretty much the same character, but with the worst name of all time.

Powerdive... was he a Micromaster? One of the Off-Road Patrol? Or was he one of the crap G2 guys like Leadfoot and the rubbish Corsair?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Blueprint of Sideswipe

Looks like a genuine lamborgini.

Sideswipe appears to be the unofficial poster boy of the franchise after Bumblebee. He mostly had a boom of merchandise and time in the spotlight after his spotlight issue, with him being in ROTF, getting botcon figures in different continuities and now this.

Personally, I'm not sure about the ROTF Bludgeon mould used for ANYTHING it has been used so far bar Bludgeon.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Knightdramon wrote:Blueprint of Sideswipe

If the toy looks like that, I'd buy it and the inevitable Red Alert/Clamp Down/Deep Cover variants too. I'd kill for high-quality MP-style updates of all the Autobot cars - the originals, Alternators and Classics have filled certain entries well, but the whole lot being done with modern tech would be genuinely exciting. As long as we don't get Wheeljack and Tracks sharing a bloody mould.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

At first Sideswipe seemed like a left field choice, but yeah, he's probably got more sensible repaint options than any of the other carbots. If he does well expect a Ratchet/Ironhide next.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Knightdramon wrote:Blueprint of Sideswipe

That's probably a sale here.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:At first Sideswipe seemed like a left field choice, but yeah, he's probably got more sensible repaint options than any of the other carbots. If he does well expect a Ratchet/Ironhide next.
Eh, early release in Japanese G1 and Binaltech, movie namesake (the films seem to have gone down really well in Japan, possibly because they're the one thing TF is doing that all the other billions of robots over there aren't), cool name, cool car mode - he's at least as logical a choice as basically any other Autobot.

I would suspect like BT Smokescreen it's a case of having four or five designs at blueprint stage and leading off with the best one.

Oh, if we get an MP Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak mould that's good I would be so happy. The saddest thing about the sorry pieces of shit they put out for Universe was that this was those guys shot, and it got stuffed at every turn with an abysmal mould badly made and badly finished. I really hope someone lost their job over that one.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

What surprised most people is that after the heavy hints that were dropped at tfw2005, we had a pretty solid and steady release schedule of Magnus [repaint of Prime with armour], Galvatron, Megatron 2.0 [this final one more or less confirmed by takara] and repaints from the seekers...

We got a [admittedly] random G1 dude. Which opens up many possibilities.

Rumours so far, but from what I've gathered in all the discussion\hints

-Takara has blueprints and designs [like the one I posted here] for tons of figures, including a Huffer that was made public months ago.
-Takara wanted to pick leaders and leader-type figures to promote the brand, like Starscream, Grimlock, Rodimus, Prime again and so on
-Takara got increasingly frustrated at third party designs, moreso at Igear for their using the Seeker mould and pumping out G1 designs on their own

Cue in Takara switching around their schedule, making a renewed Starscream mould, making Sunstorm out of it to counter Igear's sales and now Sideswipe being probably the first of many to counter the G1 figures Igear plans to make.

I'm really dying for some size measures for Sideswipe. If he's Hot Rod's size in car and vehicle I've died and went to heaven. If he's smaller like an Alternity [probable as well]...then...hmmm...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Knightdramon wrote:Various remoulds and repaints of Prime-movie-generations figures as ASIA exclusives:
ROTF Bludgeon into G2 Megatron [new head]
Universe Inferno into G1 Hot Spot [new head]
HFTD Highbrow into Powerdive [new head, who the F is powerdive again?]
FE Bulkhead into G1 Brawn [new head]

FE Cliffjumper into G1 Cliffjumper [new head]
GEN Jazz into G1 Wheelie [WTF with new head]
HFTD Tomahawk into G1 Springer [new head]
GEN Kup into G1 Swerve [new headmould, actually only new head mould shown]
Bahahahaha these are horrible. Just horrible. Well, OK, Hot Spot is reasonable but the rest make less sense than most BotCon toys. The Jazz redeco is especially stupid, since they could have turned him into probably a dozen different Autobots who shared his basic transformation scheme and instead they picked a guy who looks absolutely nothing like him.

So I'm not at all surprised that these toys are relegated to Asia-only status.
Skyquake87 wrote:Not sure about the use of ROTF Bludgeon being used for G2 Megs..its way too skeletal!
Maybe it's supposed to be G2 Megatron after he fell from orbit into that planet and had 2/3s of his body burned off?
Skyquake87 wrote:Powerdive is a G2 Rotorbot.
...who turned into a helicopter and looked nothing like the mold they're using for him. Maybe they were thinking of his Rotor Force buddy Ransack?
Cliffjumper wrote:I'd kill for high-quality MP-style updates of all the Autobot cars...
Considering the QC issues you hear about with every single new Masterpiece mold that Takara designs, "high-quality Masterpiece" is an oxymoron. Given the current track record I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Sideswipe spontaneously combusts as soon as you take him out of the package.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Kind of impartial towards Sideswipe in general, but the inevitable Red Alert repaint does sound pretty darn nifty.

Though, if it's Takara handling it, chances are it'll be a slavish recreation of his G1 cartoon deco. Personal preference and all that, of course, but I'd chose the black-headed Red Alert's color scheme over the red-headed version.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

zigzagger wrote: Though, if it's Takara handling it, chances are it'll be a slavish recreation of his G1 cartoon deco. Personal preference and all that, of course, but I'd chose the black-headed Red Alert's color scheme over the red-headed version.
Me too, but 1) I'd settle and 2) it might just be an extra for something like MP. As well as Red, I wouldn't mind seeing a decent G1-styled Sideswipe in the movie colours

Size-wise something Alternator height would do me ideally, but Alternity size would also be good enough. Think they'd be a bit oversized at Grimlock height. Prime might be a good model for rough scale, though.

Good thing on the recolour front is there's lots of genuine redecos of the original characters one way or another so hopefully we won't have too many 'real' guys sharing a mould (apart from when they did, naturally) and a repeat of BT/Classics' various "hey, if you change Skids' head he's a dead ringer for Blaster, isn't he?" disasters. It's hard to think of too many moulds they couldn't get two figures out of minimum without having to have Sunstreaker also be Inferno or something.

tl;dr if they do this right I'll get the ****ing lot.