POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Cliffjumper wrote:Technically you can attach his Ghostbusters trap MechTech weapon to his roof and hang it all off that thanks to the totally-worth-mentioning-and-completely-revolutionary C-CLIP SYSTEM (TM, C, HASTAK 2009 NO-ONE ELSE HAS EVER USED IT).

But yeh, those flaps are weird. It's like they finished him and then someone went "Wait, he hasn't got any shins! Panic!".
Sticking a spear to a car roof and hanging some power screwdrivers off them doesn't really count as storage in my book... Looks bloody stupid!

:lol:

And, frankly, the clip points on his torso aren't really useful as robot mode storage for his tools either - they also look bloddy stupid.

His legs are definitely the flaw in the toy. No knee articulation, no shins, weird AllSpark blue flaps that pop off if you happen to glance at them...

Still really like the guy though. Perhaps not much use for playing around with, or striking dynamic poses, but, hey, he's not a dynamic character, so he displays well. The head sculpt really is quite amazing - my brother thought he must be Leader Class scale when he saw the photo on Facebook. His love of the character shines through when he unquestioningly believes that a Leader Class Que would ever happen...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I think he does capture the 'feel' of the CGI robot mode as much as all but a few Movie toys (first Voyager Ironhide, Leadfoot, Leader ROTF Prime, Topspin, Leader Brawl) - he gives that impression of being very cluttered, flexible and fluid even if he isn't. I do think colour choices greatly undermine the head and the weaponry - the handguns or whatever would have blended in so much better if they were the same colour as his chest. I do think he has one of the more fitting MechTech weapons (for what that's worth) because at least you can vaguely picture him using something like that, and actually being able to lift it too.

He's probably a lot easier to like if you don't burst out laughing when he's killed (by Barricade, a loser even by Decepticon standards) in the film.

Still think Block Head is the far superior toy ;)
numbat

Post by numbat »

Cliffjumper wrote:Still think Block Head is the far superior toy ;)
Goes without saying. He's a fairly inspired wee chap for his day! Thanks!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Just been taking some photos of the DOTM Deluxe Wreckers, and I have before and after shots for the Reprolabels, just to show you guys what a difference these things really make even to Topspin!

Seriously, if you own any of the Deluxe Wreckers you're doing yourself a disservice not getting these Reprolabels stickers to bling them up! (NOTE: Patience is required for application, and some precision forceps certainly help too!)

DOTM Deluxe Wreckers Car Modes (as they come out the package)

DOTM Deluxe Wreckers Car Modes with Reprolabels stickers

DOTM Deluxe Wreckers Robot Modes (as they come out the package)

DOTM Deluxe Wreckers Robot Modes with Reprolabels stickers

DOTM Deluxe Leadfoot Car Mode (as he comes out the package)

DOTM Deluxe Leadfoot Car Mode with Reprolabels stickers

DOTM Deluxe Leadfoot Robot Mode (as he comes out the package)

DOTM Deluxe Leadfoot Robot Mode with Reprolabels stickers

Also items on eBay.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Paul053 wrote:Well, not really building a gun but combining two into one. And yes, I am building heels for him. Prototype was done last night and they still need adjustment and painting.
Like I said, here they are.

The heels.

The new gun.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Human Alliance Roadbuster is a damn fine toy, especially if you can get him cheaply.

Too bad they didn't make Topspin in this scale.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Got Generations Junkheap courtesy of Paul053.

Finally, Wreck-Gar has his steed! It's a childhood dream come true - Junkions that can ride themselves!!!!!!!

:clap:

The designers really outdid themselves - the challenge to make a bike that can transform into a robot that is at a scale to ride the bike... Must have been a bit of a nightmare for them! But they did it, and there are even clips to securely connect one junkion to the other's saddle (at crotch and on each leg) - didn't notice that before I had two and tried to sit Wreck-Gar on Junkheap, and it all just came together.

The balance with the bike stand is amazing too - I've got Wreck-Gar leaning right out with his weapon about to take some Decepticon's head off, G1 Movie Stylee, both his feet off the ground, and Junkheap's bike stand is holding them both upright on the shelf fine.

Junkheap himself has a nice head mould, But I don't care so much for the colours used overall - although the stripe along his side is pretty '80s and a nice touch. I suppose Hasbro probably didn't just want another Junkion with the same colour palette as Wreck-Gar, so in this context they did a good job selecting colours that were different but still gel with Wreck-Gar. Sadly, they look a bit cheap and plain by comparison, particularly in robot mode (he needs something [paint or moulded detail] on that big flat chest!).

But these are really minor gripes, and the guy is destined to spend most of his life in bike mode as Wreck-Gar's steed anyway, at which he excels.

How can any collector who grew up in the '80s miss the awesome duo of RTS Wreck-Gar and Generations Junkheap? Their collections are just not complete.

Also items on eBay.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

My latest additions are

TF Prime
Cyberverse Wheeljack with Star hammer
Energon Drill Tank with Knock Out.

Transformers Takara EZ Legends Chronicles

Skywarp

BTS

Savage
Nightfang
Tremor
Frequenzy

Igear

Spray
Rager (Complete with 2 left forearms)

MGS-01 Red add on inc Hubcap head

Selling on Ebay: ROTF Voyager Bludgeon, RTS Lugnut, Maketoys Battle Tanker inc RTS Laser Prime.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/rookwise/m.ht ... 4340.l2562
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

The Transformers: Reveal The Shield Turbo Tracks
The Transformers: Reveal The Shield Solar Storm Grappel
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Let's see... I picked up Bot Shots Mirage, Ratchet, and Brawl ... and while they're okay, they kinda convinced me to drop collecting the line. There's nothing really wrong with them, but the kawaii factor no longer compensates for what is essentially a myriad of the same design.

Also picked up Cyberverse Dreadwing. Honestly, I've been on the fence about Cyberverse, with several of the figures being dramatically 'okay', some being good, and Ratchet being total shit. Dreadwing, however, is awesome. For a 'Cyberverse Commander' this guy is very detailed and has a nice couple of modes in the design. Powerful and imposing robot mode turns into a nice heavy F-22-styled jet.

Ironhide should have been with him, but there was only the one Dreadwing on the shelf and no sign of his wavemate... and Bumblebees... lots of Bumblebees.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Got a FE Arcee and RID Knockout in the mail today.

FE Arcee breaks the mould for what I consider the best subline in the franchise, the FE figures. The four I got [Bumbles, Bulkhead, Cliffjumper and Starscream] all have little weaknesses but are hefty, complex, satisfying and nicely poseable figures. Add in the fun of changing them between modes and you have four nice winners out of a line of seven-eight moulds. Arcee isn't like them. Her bike mode is very nice, but her transformation leaves a lot to be desired, ESPECIALLY the front end. I was afraid I'd break something. And I also find laughably inexcusable that she carries a backpack with motorbike handles on her back.

RID Knockout is exactly what I hoped he'd be; fun and quirky. He's TINY, even moreso in car mode, he's missing a lot of paint apps from the picture in the back of the card, but his transformation is fun if you know what you're doing with the chest area. Still tiny.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

got wave 1 of the gashapon arms microns (the optimus/bee/snake/lizard). they are pre-assembled, op and bee are painted (snake & lizard are not, coming in either red or black plastic), and they all have simple transformations to weapons modes.

they are fun for what they are, neat little transforming weapons with a ton of 5mm pegs and postholes. some of the friction and balljoints are a touch on the loose side.

on balance, the lizard is my fave, making the niftiest weapon and having a cool altmode. the box assortment seemed random; 3 optimus, 1 bee, 2 red snake, 2 red lizard, 1 black snake, 0 black lizard. the black snake and lizard are 'chase' figures, i'm told.

haven't quite decided which ones to keep and which to pass onwards, but when i do, i'll put a sale thread up. was $30 shipped for the case of 10 from HLJ, with an earlybird preorder discount.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Not a lot to pick up right now, since we're in the slow part of the year for toy releases. I did snag Voyager Starscream, though I'm not sure what to write about him. He's a larger version of my Skywarp, yes, but somehow a less satisfying toy, and his LED weapon is just frackin' rediculous.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

I snagged Cyberverse Legends class Evac. It's definitely a nice little figure with good articulation for its size. I wish I could get a couple of Deluxe class versions of him though.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Haven't gotten a whole lot lately - with real life getting in the way of fun-stuff. I did snag Prime: Dead End today (only one left)... no Airachnid. Dead End is gaudy as hell, but it really does a lot to throw the whole "I'm a repaint of Wheeljack!" off-kilter a bit.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Got a big ol box as a result of a trade with:

DOTM Air Raid
Universe 1.0 Razorclaw

Now that would have been good enough, but I also got a bunch of bonus figures.

BW Injector, BW Sky Shadow, BW Buzzclaw, BW Sonar, BM Silverbolt, PCC Undertow with some bonus limbs, a Super GoBot Staks, and some Power Rangers thing.

All for the 9 bucks it cost to send my end!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Just a note to say I've added some figures to my selling thread if anyones looking for new figures :)
Quite a few in there atm
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Got a couple of figs lately (vacation ate up most of my TF budget), but the few I got are gold.

Prime Vehicon is probably my favorite figure out of the line. Transforms nicely and his kibble vanishes into his legs. He's just a nice looking figure all around.

Prime Dead End. He's bright, neon, Playskool, and I love him. He's such a late 80's or early 90's figure it's great. The color scheme is so off putting its hard to notice his mold is a headswap away from Wheeljack. He stands out like a neon sore thumb on my Prime shelf. Also his Bio is pretty awesome. They took Movie Dead End, changed it up a little, and made it work. Oddly with his colors it explains a lot.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I was surprised to find Airachnid on the shelf at Wal-Mart the other day, so I picked her up. I was kind of disappointed. There was a lot of potential, but a number of things just don't work on her. Her helicopter backpack should have been folded up a bit more, her arms are weirdly jointed and kind of ugly, and while it's a cool idea to have the helicopter blades be the spider legs, one of the blades should have split to give her an even number of legs over her shoulders. Instead she has one on each shoulder and a raincover over her head.
She looks neat in helicopter mode and fairly cool in robot mode, but a "spider-bot" mode like in the show would have been nice. She does have very nice paint apps where they are done, though. I was kind of impressed with how clean they were on the weapons, and in TWO colors even! That shouldn't impress me, but it does.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Got a FE Shining Prime and United Black Convoy on the mail the other day.

Didn't touch Black Convoy besides opening him up, not sure why I got him.

Shining Prime is all sorts of awesome. Which brings my total of FE moulds to six, missing only the DLX Megatron, Vehicon and the DLX Prime that I don't even want. What an awesome set of moulds.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.