[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I loved Star Fox 64, those epic Earth battles felt just like being in your own version of Independence Day!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Picked up Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST to have some summer shooter fun!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Using trade-ins I picked up Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3), Splinter Cell HD Trilogy (X360) and Splinter Cell: Double Agent (X360).
Destruction is my specialty
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for the PS3.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

And keeping up with my Halo trend, my wife got me Halo CE: Anniversary for Father's day! I never played this back long, long ago, so it's nice to try out a classic game from last generation. The graphics are pretty slick, and it's cool to switch back and forth from the new graphics and old graphics. It's amazing to see how things have come along in 10 years!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

For birthday and Fathers' Day my kids got me Uncharted 3 and Modnation Racers. Then Kmart had MLB '09 and Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time on clearance for $5 apiece. You don't say no to $5 games!
The PS3 KILLeR

WOW!

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Its been years since i've been on this sight and i desided why not check it out and to my surprise a thread i started years ago is still going strong!!! makes me kinda happy!:clap:
Anyways back on topic... recently took a trip to Atlanta and i picked up Resistance 3 (PS3), TF war for cybertron (360), and TF dark of the moon (360) all brand new for pretty cheap. All well worth the money.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

@ The PS3 Killer:

You have been gone a long time! Seems like you started this thread and bolted! Welcome back!!!
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

ganon578 wrote:@ The PS3 Killer:

You have been gone a long time! Seems like you started this thread and bolted! Welcome back!!!
Thanks!!! Feels good to be back im a TF fan to the bone! As for
me bolting well i just got tired of being treated like dirt from some members, cant remember now who it was but thats in the past and i felt like giving it another go.

Since my Last post i went to my local gamestop and traded in a few games toward HALO 4 limited edition and got that bad boy over halfway payed off. And i had a few bucks on an old card so i picked up the Quake 4 reissue that bethesda came out with tuesday. Never found it in any stores around here, it feels like a good ol classic shooter so id suggest picking it up... If you didnt already 7 years ago.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Bought the new Avengers Chronicles Table pack for Marvel Pinball. Loving the Hulk table. Infinity Gauntlet seem fun but I haven't quite gotten my head around it yet.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:Since my Last post i went to my local gamestop and traded in a few games toward HALO 4 limited edition and got that bad boy over halfway payed off. And i had a few bucks on an old card so i picked up the Quake 4 reissue that bethesda came out with tuesday. Never found it in any stores around here, it feels like a good ol classic shooter so id suggest picking it up... If you didnt already 7 years ago.
This summer (as you can see in some above posts) I've picked up Halo CE: Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST since my 360 is only a couple years old and I missed out on these games earlier in the cycle. Looking forward to Halo 4, but I don't know if I'll be able to afford it (both time and money) with a second kid on the way in September. That and Madden 13 (which has a Detroit Lion on the cover so I HAVE to buy it!!!) as well as TF: FOC coming out this fall will cramp my game time...

Haven't played a Quake game since the original on the PC (at the time I bought a ShareWare disc, not the full version since I didn't know any better in 1996) so I haven't kept up on them. Are they any good? I remember fully enjoying the original, and the Trent Reznor soundtrack was pretty creepy back then.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Ha ha! I used to love playing Quake, and occasionally played it to the soundtrack. Those sodding pounding monsters with the pointy arms and the noise they made was horrid. I still remember the layout of some of those maps. Shockingly good, but I was too much of a wuss to advance too far.

Hardcore Animal Crossing was my bag a few years ago, until the pouncing Quake monsters appeared in that and shit me up bad.

Not sure what the modern Quake's are like, I stopped at number three, which was more like paintball than the cranked tension of the original.

Trent Reznor plays Animal Crossing with a big mug of milky tea, but he stops playing after 9pm in case it affects his sleep.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought Spider-Man: Edge Of Time on X360 for about half price last Sunday and Splinter Cell: Conviction came in the mail yesterday, it also was very cheap at $15!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

angloconvoy wrote:Bought the new Avengers Chronicles Table pack for Marvel Pinball. Loving the Hulk table. Infinity Gauntlet seem fun but I haven't quite gotten my head around it yet.
Gonna hang fire on that one myself. I can't fathom out the Moon Knight table personally. Really like the Thor one though :)
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Yeah, the Thor one's great, I downloaded the iPhone version too when it was on sale a while back.
I'm starting to get the hang of the Moon Knight table. Some of the missions are a little confusing but the basic layout feels a little like an easier version of the Blade table, somehow.
My main reason for getting the Avengers Tables was World War Hulk, though if you like the Thor table, you'll likely enjoy the Fear Itself table too.

As for this week, I bought it on sale ages ago, but I finally played Just Cause 2. It's really good fun.

p.s. Your High score on the Spider-Man table is ridiculous!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I just picked up SSX for the PS3 for $10 new at Best Buy. I'm planning on getting Soul Calibur V for the same price, but they don't have it in stock right now, an apparently the gamer coupons don't work online (?). I'm looking into that right now.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes on X360. It also came with a Lego Lex Luthor toy.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

ganon578 wrote:This summer (as you can see in some above posts) I've picked up Halo CE: Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST since my 360 is only a couple years old and I missed out on these games earlier in the cycle. Looking forward to Halo 4, but I don't know if I'll be able to afford it (both time and money) with a second kid on the way in September. That and Madden 13 (which has a Detroit Lion on the cover so I HAVE to buy it!!!) as well as TF: FOC coming out this fall will cramp my game time...

Haven't played a Quake game since the original on the PC (at the time I bought a ShareWare disc, not the full version since I didn't know any better in 1996) so I haven't kept up on them. Are they any good? I remember fully enjoying the original, and the Trent Reznor soundtrack was pretty creepy back then.
Love halo! Reason i even have an xbox. I just always have to go
all out on all halo and gears of war games. The only collectors edition i missed was halo 2. Ive only played Quake 4 but it plays like a more action centered doom 3 even the monsters seam like just reskinned doom 3 hell knights and imps. But thats not really such a bad thing. not the best but pretty good.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

angloconvoy wrote: p.s. Your High score on the Spider-Man table is ridiculous!
I know, I was properly "in the zone" on that game, only mini-game I couldn't finish was the Doc Oc one. It's the only table I've not replayed because I know I won't reach that score again.

The Iron Man table still defies my every attempt though, that thing is my nemesis.

As an aside, I stumped up the cash for a year's PS+ and got Motorstorm Apocalypse, LBP2, Chime, Renegade Ops, Darksiders and Outland as the downloads for this 6 week period.

Outland is sublime & anyone that appreciated the Flashback/Another World games should really give it a look.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote:As an aside, I stumped up the cash for a year's PS+ and got Motorstorm Apocalypse, LBP2, Chime, Renegade Ops, Darksiders and Outland as the downloads for this 6 week period.
I've wondered about PS+... The free games; are they only available for a certain time period? Or are they yours forever once you've DL'ed them to your system?