I want an Overlord toy...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Addl wrote:HOW?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pick it up from my dad's place yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I might just do that :)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I have a mental image of Addl's dad sitting down in his basement with a hammer smashing up Overlord's whilst laughing.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Addl wrote:Maybe i can find a pic this evening (am now in subway)
I half-remember one you used to have of them just lined up which used to make people cry. Or am I getting confused?
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Hound wrote:Mail it to me?
No, because i am on the other side of the globe for the next years... And i did not bring my tfs to china to sit in the basement :-)

@cliffy: yup i found this on google

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=4873

But only 6 back then and i traded one to savvyt in the us
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Hmmph. I wonder how hard it would be to scrounge up one from parts floating around out there. Well, it might be more fun than assembling Fortress Maximus...
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Well, I bought a few parts and now have a robot-mode Overlord. Also got the tank barrel so I could have the two vehicle modes. Don't have all the little parts for the base mode yet.

I like it for the most part, nice play value with the vehicle modes, robot mode's got about what you'd expect from Geewun at this size (Yes, they could have done more, but I like what we got).

Face sculpt is a little weird. He too smiley looking and I don't like that. And not having an attachment somewhere in robot mode to stick the tank barrel onto (even if it was just on the back of his leg like Scorponok's rifle does) annoys me a little bit, just because the tank barrel is so nice and long. But otherwise... me like.

All in all, I don't think its a fair trade - we got Double Targetmasters on this side of the ocean but we didn't get Overlord... I like Quake, yes, but I don't see that as equaling.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

We got both.

Got shafted on most stuff after about 1995, though. :(
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I cant gripe much about the semi-usability of the various attachments - as baseformers go, he's in the same camp with Trypticon and Scorponok in terms of all those little parts that don't do anything for the other modes. (Metroplex at least used everything except Six-Gun's torso in all modes). The pop-out weapons in his abdomen are a nice touch. I don't have the connecting ramps yet, so he doesn't have shinguards right now.
Gruff
Protoform

Post by Gruff »

I'd love to have an Overlord in my collection, thats the just the completionist that I am
Gruff 3:16 says Brendocon is da man!!Image
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Its definitely stupid-money complete. But in buying the parts thus far I only had to pay triple-digits for the torso module.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

It depends:

Only stupid money if you also enjoy the parts hunting. I rather buy complete sets and then it is done. Some 8+ years I lost interst in keeping track on what parts were missing.

Coming back to overlord: I just like the military alt modes and dark colors. It's okay that he is a brick.

Also is one of the overlords the only TF I brought to china for display, but so far only sleeps in a box.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Hound wrote:GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!
NO! Get one of your own! :D:p
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

FansProject are supposedly 'doing' an overlord, but very little is known about it beyond a test-shot of a head and chest-piece (IE one of the enginemasters/godmasters possibly) being displayed on a Warbot Steelcore body at their booth at TFcon.

definately agree that buying piecemeal is both A) more fun and B) way more expensive in the long run
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Can be, especially if you're not patient. When I built my Fort Max, I got lucky and scored Cerebros in a TF lot that the seller didn't bother to identify - so I paid $35 for the thing, when it usually goes for $150-$200 (Cerebros himself, not Fort Max!)

To date Overlord's cost me about $200, and all I need are the PMs and the leg ramps. That's still far below the $500-$800 I usually see for asking price.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Just go to Benidorm; Overlords line the shelves over there

Seems legit
I like bears.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

GUUUUUUUNDAAAAAAAAM
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Impulse with a GP01 shield and bat wings on its shoulders.

WTF.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:Impulse with a GP01 shield and bat wings on its shoulders.

WTF.
And Patlabor head.. with very random coloring. Gotta love the drunk Chinese sweatshop managers. :P
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The real headscratcher there isn't the "Overlord" or the Gundam, it's that someone bothered to bootleg Dirt Boss of all things.