[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I got Final Fantasy 8 for 10 dollars today.

Not bad for a 4 disk RPG.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I was never fond of FF8. Only character I didn't want to punch repeatedly was Quistis.

I got my hands on Arkham City GOTY! Been waiting for this for a while, as I wanted it all on one disk (I always hold out for the complete editions when buying all the DLC would otherwise be a foregone conclusion).
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

angloconvoy wrote:Moon Knight has always been one of my favourite characters, and I really like the table too, it makes the most sense to me. I've still never fully gotten the rhythm of the Blade
The Blade table clearly sucks donkey balls though.

Oh, I downloaded Zen Pinball 2 in the end & proceeded to destroy the Spiderman table all over again, not quite as good as the Marvel Pinball score, but not far off :D
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

A Nintendo 3DS and a Circle Pad Pro came in the mail on Thursday and I bought Borderlands 2 on Friday.
Destruction is my specialty
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Ok been too busy to post this but in the past few weeks i Preordered Black Ops2 Hardened edition and got Borderlands 2. love borderlands and cant wait for black ops 2, im itching the try the zombies campaign theyve added.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

The Transformers: Fall of Cybertron on the PS3, and I just beat the sp mode and I thought the orginial ending to Mass Effect 3 was weak, this one was just as weak.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

To cure my hunting itch (and to use a $10 off coupon) I got Cabela's North American Adventures for the 360 from Newegg.

Not a bad title, but the whole filming your shots and putting together a hunting show is a bit much for me. Plus, the developers over do the southern twang of the characters' voices (does every hunter need to be a redneck?), and the overuse hard rock guitar riffs in the middle of my hunt are a bit too much for my tastes. I guess that's what it takes to make a hunting game 'interesting' for the majority of people out there. Sitting in the woods quietly while waiting for big game to show up apparently doesn't translate well to gaming excitement.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

ganon578 wrote: Plus, the developers over do the southern twang of the characters' voices (does every hunter need to be a redneck?)
Ive lived in Alabama my whole life and have never heard a southern accent more deep than in those games! :lol: last one i played was like deer hunter 2004 for orginal xbox, now that was a good hunting game!! It was a true sim. Ever play any of the Carnivores games on pc? It's basicly jurassic park but you get to hunt the dinos instead of them hunting you, And its a pretty good hunting game series. Nothing quite beats you getting ambushed by a t-rex while yor hunting something else! Wish they whould remake them for 360 arcade or something. Theres one for PS3/PSP/PSVITA, but its dumbed down and not as good.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Do you ever have a game you leave for ages and then come back to for seemingly no reason, and it's great all over again?

Got that with Little King's Story on the Wii. Sorry if this is thread diversion, please ignore.

I bought Lollipop Chainsaw on PS3 for my nephew and then picked up Front Mission Evolved as an afterthought because it was cheap as chips. He recently got Fall of Cybertron so I think that's gonna render Front Mission little more than a coaster.
Juliet
Protoform

Post by Juliet »

I'm planning to buy GTA 5 and Metal Gear Solid: Rising, I guess these are pretty much good ones, some gaming websites say they are among the best of this year.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Resident Evil 6 Collector's Edition and Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows came in the mail this week, also bought a memory card for the PS Vita.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Auntie Slag wrote:Do you ever have a game you leave for ages and then come back to for seemingly no reason, and it's great all over again?
I had forgotten that a friend had loaned me a game called "Parasite Eve", and I hadn't played it for years. I finally popped it in one time just out of curiosity, and it turns out it was awesome. I'm hoping the same thing happens for a couple Gamecube games that I just found and had forgotten about buying them at a thrift store about a year and a half ago. (Sadly, Bloodrayne has already disappointed me and deserved to continue to be forgotten for many more years.)

Kind of the opposite of coming back to an awesome game, I don't think I've actually finished a Metal Gear game since the first Metal Gear Solid. They're fun, but at some point I always find them tedious and get tired of watching 20 minute preachy cutscenes that don't make a whole lot of sense and move on to something else. I'm currently not finishing MGS 4, and since I got frustrated in the very first level on Snake Eater, I might go back and not finish that one first. :)
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

I just bought the following:
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for the PS3
Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
The Transformers: Fall of Cybertron for the Xbox 360
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning for the Xbox 360
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning-Online Pass, Shepard's Armor, Omniblade Daggers, and The House of Valor DLC for Xbox 360
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning-The Legend of Dead Kel DLC for Xbox 360
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning-The Teeth of Naros DLC for Xbox 360
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

After a few trade-ins, my rewards membership discount, and a coupon for 20% off, I picked up Transformers: FoC for the 360. Damn this game is fun! Now if I can only find the time to play it!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:Ive lived in Alabama my whole life and have never heard a southern accent more deep than in those games! :lol: last one i played was like deer hunter 2004 for orginal xbox, now that was a good hunting game!! It was a true sim. Ever play any of the Carnivores games on pc? It's basicly jurassic park but you get to hunt the dinos instead of them hunting you, And its a pretty good hunting game series. Nothing quite beats you getting ambushed by a t-rex while yor hunting something else! Wish they whould remake them for 360 arcade or something. Theres one for PS3/PSP/PSVITA, but its dumbed down and not as good.
I haven't played any of those games. I've been out of PC gaming for a looooong time, basically when I stopped played Diablo II after I was out of college. After that I haven't had a PC capable of playing up-to-date games. A dino hunt sounds awesome though! I've always liked the Jurassic Park movies (not counting #2). I used to play the Deer Hunter series on PC way back in the days of Windows 95/98 though!

Just last night I finished the career mode of the Cabela's game. It only took 3-4 hours, which is kind of disappointing, but there are a few other game modes I will get into, like the trophy hunt mode. Hopefully there won't be a redneck telling me about varmints I need to shoot during a buck hunt.

The last good hunting game I remember playing was Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2005 Adventures on the GameCube. That was a pretty good hunting adventure game. You racked up $, bought new equipment, and rented ATV vehicles and boats to traverse the countryside, all while deciding which firearms, bows, calls, and general equipment you could take with you on the hunt. Almost like a hunting RPG. And when the whole career mode was done, you could hunt any location, and animal, and whatever equipment you wanted, however you chose. Now all the games are set up to be short hunts in small areas that seem open, and everything is set up for you, sometimes even the guns you can use. It just takes out any thought process for actually hunting an animal (virtually), which to me ends up as a disappointment.

On an acquisition note, I didn't get a game, but I got a replacement 250 GB hard drive for my 360 slim. The last one I ordered that was supposed to be a Microsoft original turned out to be a hacked POS hard drive from China. And it worked like shite. And after the seller never responded to me about a return (and has since racked up a 35-40% negative feedback over the last month from all buyers, so I'm not alone), Amazon refunded my money. So I ordered a brand new Microsoft drive from a reputable seller. Now this is how the damn thing should have worked in the beginning!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I'm planning on buying Marvel vs Capcom Origins for my Xbox as soon as I get some extra cash. Capcom has really done a stand up job on this port, with scanlines turned on it feels like staring at an old arcade cab, not to mention the unlockables and hidden characters.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought the Special Edition of Dishonoured on X360. It came in a bigger than expected tin case and a pack of Tarot cards.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

I got the following:
Xbox 360-S with 250 GB HD
Xbox 360 Remote Control
Madcatz Bluetooth Wireless Headset
Batman: Arkham Asylum-Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
Batman: Arkham City-Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360 & PS3)
The Transfomers: War For Cybertron (PS3)
The Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Xbox 360)
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning (Xbox 360)
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning-Online Pass DLC (Xbox 360)
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning-Shepard's Armor & Omniblade Daggers DLC (Xbox 360)
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning-Weapons and Armor Bundle DLC (Xbox 360)
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning-The House of Valor DLC (Xbox 360)
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning-The Legend of Dead Kel DLC (Xbox 360)
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning-The Teeth of Naros DLC (Xbox 360)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim-Hearthfire DLC (Xbox 60)
Mass Effect 3: Retaliation Multiplayer Pack DLC (Xbox 360 & PS3)

Oh and does anyone here have or know where I find a copy of the sleeve (aka the box art) for the PS3 version of Transformers: War For Cybertron that I can print out?
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Just out of curiosity, why do you need the Xbox and PS3 versions of Arkham City?

I've been playing the hell out of it for the last few weeks. Great game. What it loses in pacing and tightness it gains in potential for toying about. Great sequel, tons of stuff tucked in there but the option is there to play straight through the main story, which does tighten up the pacing and improve that particular experience.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

angloconvoy wrote:Just out of curiosity, why do you need the Xbox and PS3 versions of Arkham City?
The same reason why I have Xbox 360 and PS3 versions: of Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II, The Transformers: War For Cybertron, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning, Fallout 3, and Batman: Arkham Asylum because I love these games and enjoying playing them on both platforms.