Transformers & other robots for sale

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I love making wishlists.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/2YMSE8848OHM3 < Priority should sort the ones I just need covers for (I have repurchased most of the offenders and have learnt the lesson to always fork out on ebay for the guy who's taken a picture rather than used the stock photos); and I've tried picking the correct covers wanted for the others; generally if at all possible I avoid anything with some big ugly "Blah blah collection" banner.

I know Dirty Dozen is a war film, I know Get Carter is 'iconic', I know who made Strangers on a Train. It's not always possible, but I like it to be original posters and stuff on the front; all DVDs should be like that by law.

And, while it's usually impossible, I avoid Tartan and Artificial Eye like the plague. I'm not a Guardian reader.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

'Fraid that's a no on those.

Don't most films have multiple posters, though?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

An original poster, then :p (though TBH for the stuff I'm looking at there does largely seem to be only one for the majority of English language films). Ahh, back when films had posters rather than randomly Photoshop-remixed publicity shots.

Cheers anyway - it's a pretty eclectic bunch due to the amount I've rounded up already (something like 120 DVDs in a couple of months); I've double-dipped to replace a few awful sleeves already and after a couple of finger-burnings have been a lot more careful. I still can't get over quite how preposterously cheap DVDs are on ebay - these things are actually costing a lot less than building up a collection of second-hand videos did 15 years ago (there's also a hell of a lot more out and in much higher numbers).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Helps that discs are really light for postage. I find that Amazon marketplace and Play tend to be cheaper than eBay for the sort of stuff I'm after; they must not take as big a percentage cut -- anything even remotely well-known will be being sold by Music Magpie / zoverstocks and if others are selling at the time it's a race to the bottom as they undercut each other.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, there're a couple of bits I've Amazoned instead, either through irritation at being repeatedly outbid or because sellers are charging £2.25 (or whatever the maximum postage is) as default (often to cover themselves for the boxed sets and the like they're also selling). I keep winning discs for pennies and getting pleasantly surprised when they actually turn up because I'm not entirely sure I'd honour such low sale prices myself (4 Hitchcocks for 14p being the current record).

Starscream, Megatron and Ravage currently up on ebay. Might sling up a load of smaller stuff in a week or so.

SCSW: I'm basically cool to hold Tracks for you until Feb. (know how much of a bitch Jan. can be for money) but don't really want to drop below £20 + P&P for him.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I lost some money selling DVDs on eBay because the maximum postage allowed didn't cover the actual cost (for things like Star Wars Trilogy Boxset), unless I'm just completely incompetent and did it all wrong (which is perfectly possible...).

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

I am also interested in BT Tracks (just to snag it from SCS.

What is postage to Germany (and just for interest china)?

I can let you send the stiff to my father who owns like 200 tfs in the basement but does not know of this.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Hey cliffy

You saving BT Tracks for SCS or you want to tell me postage?

Do you accept PayPal?
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sorry dude, thought I replied - sorted with Matt, sorry.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

bump for ebay
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

No be be a circling vulture, but if you do decide to sell the Autobot cars, may I put in a first refusal on Wheeljack, Mirage and Sunstreaker?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

He did actually agree to this hellspawn business...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:No be be a circling vulture, but if you do decide to sell the Autobot cars, may I put in a first refusal on Wheeljack, Mirage and Sunstreaker?
Yeh - they are fakes, so I'd rather avoid the tightrope of ebay (i.e. trying to avoid saying 'fake' without deceiving anyone). But it's probably going to take severe financial problems to get rid of the cars (like the Joes they're going to be all-or-nothing - no more Skids, Prowl, Hound, Smokescreen...); probably Anno Tomini. Would probably be looking for a fair amount for KOs, mind - probably about their price without HK shipping.

Generally I am finding the process quite cathartic. I've always been far too possession-orientated, hoarding stuff just so I've got it and not genuinely appreciating it. Leader Brawl is one of the best Transformers ever made - so what's the point if he's in a draw when he can go to someone who will play with him? Plus I'm saving wages and the like so having a bit of pocket money for DVDs and books doesn't hurt.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote:Yeh - they are fakes, so I'd rather avoid the tightrope of ebay (i.e. trying to avoid saying 'fake' without deceiving anyone). But it's probably going to take severe financial problems to get rid of the cars (like the Joes they're going to be all-or-nothing - no more Skids, Prowl, Hound, Smokescreen...)
Here's hoping it's twins then.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

I'd be interested in DOTM Sentinel Prime and Shockwave. Want me to bid on ebay, or express my interest here (which I just did)? ;)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Whichever's cool - what sort of price are we talking :)