Heinrad is looking for.......

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
Heinrad

Heinrad is looking for.......

Post by Heinrad »

Might seem a bit odd, but I'm looking for a broken MP Hod Rod/Rodimus Prime. The inly thing on the broken Roddy that can't be broken is the piece that holds the spoiler on.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I scored one with arm problems a while ago (hasn't arrived) -- I'm probably going to keep it, but if I don't will let you know.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Cool. Thanks. You'd think ebay would have been flooded with them....
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Still a big ticket item in recent memory for people - if it still displays halfway-well in one mode or another buyers aren't likely to write off half of the price by ebaying as a junker. As it sold to fans in the main they're more likely to hang onto it and do the same as you are, try to find one that's damaged in a different place on the cheap and repair (seeing as, again, they're adults and are probably skilled enough to affect a fix).

Most modern junkers or damaged on ebay are either from clearing out last year's craze from kids' rooms or kitbash debris (even then most customisers tend to hang on to whatever's left for future projects rather than risking selling parts on for pennies then needing them for something).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Gotta say, I actually like it with the Hot Rod / visor face, despite the fact the design is an utter piece of shit apparently having led to the previous owner finding the right arm snapped off even before the packaging was opened... with many more similar stories...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... elp-2.html

Currently posed strapped together with a rubber band around the joint across the chest, clenched fists at his sides in impotent rage... true to the character, at least.

edit:

There's a Shapeways project here to make shoulder pieces out of metal, isn't there?

I'm guessing the spoiler piece is easier to improvise, to be honest, as long as you haven't got your heart set on transforming the thing.