[New RPG] A House Divided: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Former Security Room, War Academy

"Call you back later." Sentinel Prime replied to Soundwave. "Bit busy here. I'll send men to your station in a bit."

War Room, War Academy

"Technically speaking," Prowl replied to Wheeljack, "The fallout would not be that large. The computer is located under the ground, and a guided missile, assuming that it is not intercepted, would easily destroy the Vector computer. The location would suppress the fallout somewhat... and any fallout would only affect the Decepticons, no? Although, like Master Yoketron had said, it is murder."

Prowl tapped his chin. "Why has the Vector Computer not stopped producing these drone-like soldiers, then? How does it define 'impure motives'? For all we know, the Vector computer did not fail to shut down -- it might simply consider what it is doing... daily business, as it were."

Prowl turned to look at Volks and smiled slightly. "Or, that. Hacking. Voluntarily or otherwise, the Decepticons have compromised the Vector computer." The Autobot shook his head. "For all we know they may have reprogrammed the Vector computer. Is it really worth it to withhold this attack just to safeguard something- someone, beg pardon, that may or may not be still alive?"

Prowl sighed. His expression was still neutral, his eyebrows a little slanted. It was as if he was merely deciding on what colour would suit the walls of the room better instead of contemplating whether or not to murder the Vector computer.

While waiting for Yoketron's reply, Prowl turned towards the console where Wheeljack is speaking through. "It seems that way, which boggles my mind to. At the moment we can only assume it's another creation of their psychotic scientists. Who knows just what they are capable of, if they have truly hijacked the Vector computer..."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

War Room, War Academy

Yoketron was clearly lost in thought, taking in all he was hearing but not answering as the information went back and forth between the Autobots. He knew how the computers were supposed to work, and that they were more than just computers - hacking one would be like trying to hack a cybertronian's mind, there would still be the being's own will in the background able to work against it and resist, thus causing an alarm would've been triggered with Vector Sigma. Drones were entirely possible - the computers had protocols for a mass-produced army, in the event of a planet emergency or its own defense - but that was something the Temple Knights had failed to tell the military, for fear they might get the itch to use it for their own purposes. Had the forces in Kaon found out about it? But again it was at the option of the Vector computer, and would not be accessable without persuasion or hacking.

The more he kept working out the options, the more he kept coming to settle on the last, which he did not want to think about - that the computer might be doing this, because for whatever reason, it had chosen to cooperate. It disturbed him on a level that was visible apparent, despite his efforts to hide it.

Finally Yoketron straightened up from his thinking posture, directing his attention to Prowl. He decided best not to share with the Autobots, things already being so tense. They needed a solution, not more worries. "Regardless of the actual circumstances, it's clear they've managed something. Vector Sigma holds sway over all the other lower Vector computers, an appeal can be made to it to stop the work in Kaon, or to at least stop the flow of protoforms. Whether they are full fledged cybertronians, or just mass-produced drones, neither can happen without protoforms. Let Vector Sigma know that Kaon has become a batte zone, and it should divert the protoforms to other computers, preventing the creation of more troops."

Subterranean Maintenance Tunnels, Iacon

Raiku would nod to Red Alert, but wouldn't continue to speak for the time being. Even with the map it'd still be very easy to get lost down here, especially if the unseen hacker was trying to sabotage them, and he wanted to remain alert. He still continued periodically checking for the energy signatures, his optics making the eerie yellow glow from beneith his visor as he did so.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

Prowl tapped his lip. Hacking a Vector computer... of course, if they could use it... it would be no less ethical than sending a strike team to take it out. Right now. Blaze would do it. And he was sure people like Repugnus won't say no either....

Prowl's less moral thoughts were interrupted by Yoketron, and raised his optic brow as he listened to the Temple Knight respectfully. "If you could do so, that would be great. After all, if they managed to do this with one Vector computer, what's to say they're not going to gang up on the others? Iacon's already been breached twice, for all we know the other Vector computers might've already been compromised as well."

Prowl tapped his lip, and his expression became hard.

"And, even though it's murder... I really cannot help but urge you to stop Kaon's Vector node from continuing production of Decepticon troops. Because voluntary or not, I have to be frank -- Sentinel Prime will want to sacrifice a single Vector computer node if it means crippling the Decepticon army's production. And I, for one, intend to advise him to do just that if Vector Sigma fails to rein in the rogue or hacked node." Prowl's expression was slightly apologetic, but there was a firmness in his optics.

The same firmness that came with knowing that your entire home town was just burnt by the super-soldiers created from that very node and yet they can't do anything to stop it.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Former Security Room, War Academy:

"Gotcha", Ironhide muttered under his breath as he ducked, the barrels of the Scrapmaker minigun on his left arm already spinning as he swung it up at the point the assassin had blipped back in, the gun roaring as the dual multi-barrels flung thousands of rounds into the shadows. "Seein' as y'all'r tryin' ta get killed, form a security wheel! Ever'body back t'back! Ah c'n pick up th' disturbance when this guy moves!"

Orion moved in, standing back to back with the old Autobot.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Chip1123
Protoform

Arsenal

Post by Chip1123 »

"Just uploading it now." Highbrow replied in response to Wheeljack as he started looking at the readouts. "First, let's rule out any Autobots." As he did so, the vast majority of signals winked out on the display. "Next, we'll need the list of authorized civilians or contractors in the area. Once that list is input into the system, we should have it narrowed down to any unauthorized bots in the base. Assuming they aren't undetectable, of course."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Arsenal

Wheeljack was silent for a moment. "The fallout would only affect Decepticons? Doesn't he realize that there's a possibility there are still innocent people in Kaon? That not everybody from Kaon is automatically a Decepticon? Wheeljack didn't really like the way Prowl thought, but said nothing about it. After all, they went out of their way to get him and Highbrow safely out of Kaon.

"Interesting theory" Wheeljack replied when Prowl mentioned that the Vector computer might be considering that what its doing is normal. "I wonder.... I don't know a thing about the Temple Knights or their religion, but do they believe in balance and order and things like that. Just thinking out loud here, but could it be that the Vector Computer believes that it's maintaining a balance by mass producing these drones?"

War Room, War Academy

Volks scratched the back of his head. "You would have to be an insanely good hacker if you can work your way into that thing. I don't think that even I would be able to do it," he said boastful, as if he is the greatest hacker on the planet. "Especially if it's a sentient being. That would be like hacking a brain module like Yoketron said. I'll do a lot but I have to draw a line somewhere, right?" Volks then glanced at Prowl, hoping that he would see that he wasn't serious about the not hacking part. He would love to take a crack at hacking a Vector computer, but didn't want Yoketron to know. Pretty much because he doesn't want to get his head sliced off.

"Altough I wouldn't mind experimenting on your brain module," Volks said jokingly to Network as he rubbed his hands while looking at the top of Network's head."

A message suddenly came in. "Boss!" Volks shouted towards Prowl. "I have news from Kaon. I'll put it up on speaker."

"This is Jazz calling Volks. We've got Magnus and we're on our way home. Make sure the medical teams are ready to receive Grimlock and Magnus. Both have sustained a severe amount of damage. I'm not a medic, but their condition is pretty critical. There's another guy with us that's in stasis lock. Don't know what's wrong with him, but he's been non-responsive for a while now. No I.D. on him either."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
seowhispering
Protoform

hi

Post by seowhispering »

After one final attempt at wresting Earth from the Autobots in 2011, Galvatron was buried in ice in the Arctic, and the remaining Decepticons fled to Charr. Battered, tired, and without leadership, they could do nothing but struggle to stay alive while the Autobots revelled in their golden age both on Earth and Cybertron.

HOTELS IN MANALI
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"That'll work." Sentinel said, moving into position at an angle next to Ironhide and Orion where he would block attacks from their blind spots. The Skyboom Shield hummed in his hand as he awaited another attack. "Keep your optics open."

Skywarp, meanwhile, had teleported to the lower floor as soon as he opened fire at Ironhide, so the Scrapmaker would chew up nothing but the wall and a couple of Autobot corpses. He laughed as he teleported again, this time ending up in a different corner of the Security Room, laughing like a mad child. The Seeker's weaponry blazed to life again, launching bullets at Kup this time.

War Room, War Academy

Prowl watched as the readout from Highbrow showed up on the main holographic screen. "Yes, I see it, Highbrow. Excellent. And indeed, our quarry seems to be a teleporter, and is engaging Sentinel Prime and his team." Prowl's optics narrowed. "That would explain him not picking up the communicator."

"Shall I deploy my men there, sir?" Drag asked, pulling out his sidearm.

"Belay that." Prowl told Drag. "Sentinel Prime is no slouch at battles, and he is with Kup, Ironhide and Orion. Two seasoned warriors, and a promising cadet. If you go there, you will only distract them, and increase casualties nonetheless. Tighten the perimeter around them instead. Block all corridors on adjacent levels. Lambor, activate the anti-aircraft cannons on the roof, so the teleporter would not have any means to escape without getting shot down."

As his troops moved to follow his orders, Prowl then turned to Wheeljack and Highbrow's communique. "Whether it believes that creating an army bent on destruction is good for balance or otherwise, this is still a war, and if the Vector computer has thrown in its lot with them..." Prowl paused, although the implications of his tone is clear. "Whatever the reasons, it created an army, Wheeljack. And most likely the sixchanger as well. What if we fail to stop the Vector computer before it churns out an army of sixchangers instead of an army of drones?"

Prowl turned to Volks, and saw the glance the smaller Autobot gave him. Excellent. This one shows a lot of promise.

"No. We have to draw the line. Like the Prime likes to say, the regulations are there for a reason, after all." Prowl told Volks, even as Network began to rant at Volks for joking about using his brain module. The strategist gave Volks a knowing look, though, a look that promised 'in good time'. "Unless there is express need, rules need to be followed. Even in war."

Prowl nodded as Jazz's message came in. "Jazz, this is Prowl." The General said, "Great work. I will have Ratchet's medical team ready. Do not keep your optics off Magnus, Grimlock, or the unknown Cybertronian. We don't know what the Decepticons did to them. I shall debrief you as soon as you arrive."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Red Alert scowled. Underground, things were far, far too quiet for his likes. With nothing moving in the tunnels but themselves, his highly sensitive audio receptors heard nothing but their own footsteps echoing down along the length of the tunnel. His keen nose could smell nothing but himself, Raiku and their fuel exhaust, and his sharp eyes didn't see any sources of heat beyond their own. But after a few more minutes of walking, the sounds of the echoes ahead of them began to mute somewhat.

"Are we nearly at the exit?" he asked Raiku. "If we are, I'll have to insist that you let me go first. If someone is waiting out there to shoot us, better they get me than you."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

War Room, War Academy

"An audience with Vector Sigma or its keeper is not so easily attained, even for a Temple Knight. Though some Temple Knights do help in its protection, the authority and opperation of Vector Sigma remains outside of the realm of both our groups," Yoketron answered to Prowl. "Given the current situation, it would be more likely accomplished if someone came with me that is more directly familiar with the happenings of Kaon than myself. My relaying the situation would still be treated as second-hand information at best."

Raiku came to a stop to do a thorough inspection of the area ahead of them, going through several spectrums of his vision before he responded to Red Alert.

"It does look like the exit's up ahead. Also looks like the military's got some standby drones posted ahead. Seems like they might have weapon systems, but they're offline, and no sign of our hacker," Raiku added on a suspicious tone. "Yet."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

"Reminds me of the time I was ambushed by some Quintesson assassins," Kup said as he stood back to back with Sentinel. "Seemed like they were all over the place, but every time they were about to attack they would give away their position."

Kup kept his optics wide open, scanning his environment and fully trusting Sentinel to watch his back as he is watching his. "Just before Ironhide was attacked, I heard a noise too."

As if on cue, Skywarp attacked Kup and even though he heard that the attack was coming, he wasn't fast enough to completely dodge the attack. "Get down!" Kup yelled as he pushed Sentinel out of harm’s way and was shot in the shoulder in the process. The damage was not severe and he was still functional. Kup didn't make much of a sound though. He didn't want to let his friends or his assailant know that he was damaged.

Arsenal

"Good job," Wheeljack replied to Highbrow. "Let's hope it'll help at least a bit. This is the list of registered visitors," he said as he passed on the list that he received from the security checkpoint at the gates.

"It's interesting though," Wheeljack replied to Prowl about if the Vector computer believes it's in the right. "Makes you wonder if we're in the wrong.... Anyway, let's not dwell on that. We'll have to find a way to stop it from producing more if we want to win this thing. "

War Room, War Academy

Volks started laughing as Network was ranting at him. Volks nodded back at Prowl and then turned back to his terminal. "That's just the thing, isn't it?" Volks said when Prowl mentioned something about following rules. "I don't think that these Decepticons are following any rules at all. That's probably their greatest advantage over us."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

Prowl nodded at Yoketron. "I would like to go with you, Master Yoketron... but if he remains... tact... I would think that Sentinel Prime would be the most legible choice for discussing the matter with Vector Sigma."

The strategist sighed. "I apologize if I sound tact, Master Yoketron, but this is war."

Prowl turned to the terminal with Wheeljack and Highbrow on it. "There are no one in the registered visitors who I suspect. Not that there are much who remained in the War Academy after Code Red went into place." Prowl shook his head. "We are not in the wrong, Wheeljack. We are fighting for the security of the people. The Decepticons are definitely not in the right, if Praxus is anything to go by."

Prowl turned to Volks, and nodded. "The Decepticons have no moral ethics. If we do not have any, I would have already nuked Kaon the moment Zeta Prime is poisoned, not just the Vector computer." Prowl's voice made it clear it was a choice he considered earlier. "We cannot afford naivety, which was why I employed you, Volks. And... others."

Project Maximus, a stopgap measure in producing weapons. Omega Supreme, a walking weapon itself. And Blaze, to assassinate Megatron...

"Of course, we cannot afford to much savagery. Too much and we would delve into the same disorganized madness that the Decepticons are. And it would be very... illogical."

"Everything reminds you of the Quintesson War, Kup." Sentinel replied to the older Autobot with a smirk. "Not that it'd surprise me."

Sentinel grunted as Kup pushed him down, but he was able to launch his Energon Lance towards where Skywarp had presumably attacked from. The Lance, radiating light, merely grazed Skywarp's left leg, and the Seeker yelped in pain. The Energon Lance, however, should illuminate the Seeker up enough for Ironhide and Orion to target, even if he was already whirling for another teleportation attempt.

In the dark, Sentinel wasn't able to tell if Kup was damaged or not.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

War Room, War Academy

"Given Sentinel's...newness...to the role, I cannot recomend him coming along to Vector Sigma," Yoketron would answer Prowl. "The keeper might be inclined to test his worthiness for holding the Matrix, and given the current state of things, we cannot spare the time for Sentinel to stumble blindly through and hopefully suceed at an ancient ritual of rights. I do not hold any ill will towards the Keeper for it, though - I would have liked to do the same if things were not so urgent, and may still yet do so once all of this has ended."

Temple of Primus

Down in the depths of the giant, ancient structure, Terabolt sat in a meditation chamber, deeply focused on just that activity. She had made her report to the Elders, but they had detained her for a bit, to finish the rights that had begun since she had finished her training. She would have preffered that her former master had been there, as he would have liked as well, but they were insistant on getting it done, given everything that was starting to happen.

Flashes of images disturbed Tera from her meditation, but she did not open her optics. It was not the first time she had seen these same images, flashes of destruction of suffering that she could never see quite clearly, but each time the cloud seemed to clear a bit further. She had shared these images with the elders when she had first started having them with some frequency, but they had not put much faith into it - she had only been still training in the arts of the seers, and ones so inexperienced often felt echos of past events, not true visions of things to come - but the things Terabolt saw, they were not the past, and some of it completely foreign to her. Only Yoketron had ever put any true faith in what she had said of it, and even he could not sway the elders of it.

It was not long after the images had faded that another disturbance came in the form of another Temple Knight entering the chamber. "It is ready."

Tera openned her optics, rising smoothly from her meditation possition to follow the fellow Knight, niether of them speaking, nor needing to. They passed into another chamber with more knights - armorers - and the first Knight stood aside as Tera continued past, walking into a waiting chamber. She entered and turned around smoothly, waiting as the chamber closed, and the process began.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

"Well, it was a very ...." Kup paused a moment to block out the pain as he got back up on his feet. "A very interesting time back then," he replied to Sentinel Prime.

Kup took a look around to see is he saw his attacker in the area, but saw nothing. "You know, back then I managed to trick two of them in to thinking that I was badly damaged," he continued. "Arrogant as they were, they came to see how much they damaged me, only for me to surprise them that I was still functioning. Rewarded them with a shot to the head for their effort."

Analyzing their current situation, Kup came to a conclusion. "This guy is relying heavily on his ability to teleport. I suspect that he's not much of a skilled fighter. Seeing as you only grazed him with your lance and he already was in pain. He's probably a big coward too."

Kup hoped that antagonizing Skywarp, he would make the mistake of giving away his position.

War Room, War Academy

"Yup," Volks replied to Prowl. "And I appreciate it too. You’re making me do what I do best and I got a cool looking gun too," he added as he swung his gun around, not checking if the safety was on or not.

Volks turned to Yoketron and shook his head. It was no secret that he didn't believe in such a thing as Primus, ancient rituals or anything of the sort.

Shuttle over Tagan Heights

Jazz then contacted the War Academy. "This is Jazz contacting Iacon War Academy. Get the medics ready and prep them for 2 critically injured mechs that are in dire need of surgery. Grimlock's leaking energon faster than Blurr can run. Magnus is going to have to be restrained or something. He woke up earlier from being knocked out and got violent. He's in a restraining harness right now, but I don't know how long it'll hold. ETA is ten cycles."
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

"I... yes, I agree with your assessment." Prowl replied to Yoketron. "Testing Sentinel's worthiness is not something we have time for, and not something he would take kindly too either."

The Autobot tapped his lips with his stylus. "But, yes, maybe after this war ended. So, someone else... would you have me go in his stead, then? Although I am needed here... Maybe... Orion? Or Kup?" Prowl sighed. There was no one else he would trust... and Jazz was not back yet...

Despite himself Prowl allowed himself a short smile at Volks. The Minibot shared his sentiments for ancient arcane rituals. Network cursed loudly again, as Volks swung the gun around. Prowl shook his head, and said, "It is better to have you working for us than for the Decepticons. Simple logic. And a hacker at your caliber would be tracked down by the Decepticons... for recruitment, or for elimination."

Prowl opened a commlink to Ratchet, and said, "Ratchet, I am forwarding you a commlink from Jazz. This is for your eyes and the medical response team with you only. Understand? Magnus, Grimlock and the unknown Transformer should receive Class Theta restraints. Magnus may be suffering from an addiction of an unknown substance... I believe you shall have to improvise."

"That's an understatement, isn't it?" Sentinel chuckled. "I wasn't even a cadet yet back then. Damn organic squids..."

"So we're using the damaged you as bait now, Kup? Not something I'm too comfortable with." Sentinel placed his shield in front of him, tensing up. "You know, throwing the lance isn't the smartest thing I could've done. It did damage the idiot, though, so that's something."

Skywarp snarled from his perch on the ceiling above the Autobots. It was a pity he didn't have any more grenades... he supposed he could nip off to the armory and get more...

Of course, he did blow the armory up.

Oh, how easy this would be. The glitch-head of a Prime, two old has-beens and a greenhorn. (Dammit, his leg stung.) But Kup and Sentinel taunting him got onto the Seeker's nerves, and he aimed his cannons down, first at Kup, and opened fire...

Shuttle Port, War Academy

Ratchet snorted at Prowl's communique, but did not protest. Ratchet did not like Prowl and his stuffy ways much, but he knew that Prowl was very competent in what he does.

"Roger that, Prowl." Ratchet said as he landed on his MARB, followed by a group of four medics, each of them carrying sophisticated-looking equipment. Some distance away a large transport with medical markings was rumbling up. "We're here. Got my medkit. And if this is the Grimlock you expunged from the army... I suppose I'm not allowed to ask why he's coming back, is he? Or why Magnus is addicted to some... 'unknown' material."

Ratchet sighed. The people he had to deal with. "Team, be ready on standy for anything. Get those spark defibrillators and recallibraters ready, and have equipment for a massive energon bleed out. You, you're on sterilizing duty. You, energon bleed freezing. You, get the pure energon ready. Magnus is a type X-Beta by our records, and Grimlock is a type Y-Alpha. Get tranquilizers and restraining bolts at the ready; these are problematic patients. And get the Medical Trailer ready for transport."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Having a heavy duty sensor suite did have it's advantages. By scanning through the electromagnetic spectrum, Ironhide could figure out where Skywarp was. The down side was it gave him maybe half of a second's advantage of registering the disturbance before Skywarp was in position and firing. But you can do a lot in half a second.

"Orion! Ceiling!" As he yelled, he moved to the side, intending to ram Kup out of the line of fire.

As Ironhide moved, Orion swung his rifle up at the ceiling, aiming at Skywarp and blazing away.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Jazz piloted the shuttle into the port and docked the shuttle. As he switched off the engines, Jazz lowered the shuttle's loading ramp and opened the doors so that Ratchet and the other medics could come in and take care of the wounded.

As he did, Jazz walked to the exit of the shuttle to meet the medics and could fill them in if needed. "Alright everybody," he said to Hot Rod, Hytherion, Rapido, Topspin and Electro. "Congratulations on a mission well done. The odds were stacked against us, but we all managed to survive."

Jazz turned to Electro. "You and I are going to have a talk with about where you disappeared to during the mission, but first I'm going to get my arms repaired. The rest of you, help escort these guys to the med bay," he said while pointing at Grimlock, Magnus and Springer. "Make sure they arrive there safely. After that, your time is your own. Rapido, I want you to join me in debriefing Prowl about the mission."

Jazz walked up to Grimlock and got down on one knee. "We're going to take good care of you, Grims," Jazz said as he put a hand on to the large mech's shoulder. Looking to his left, he saw a medic walking up to Grimlock, ready to place a restraining bolt on him. Jazz didn't like it to incapacitate Grimlock even more, but he understood why. The orders to put those on him were probably Prowl's orders and Prowl didn't want to take a risk by not retraining three potential threats.

Jazz sighed as he walked up to Ratchet. "Hey, Doc," he said as he stood next to Ratchet and looked at the medics taking care of the wounded and prepping them for transportation to the med bay. "You got quite the patients this time. Can't tell you much about the green one. He took a hit for me and pretty quick after that, I could see an electrical current surging through him. He collapsed right after and hasn't woken up since. Grimlock took a hit from what seemed to be an experimental cannon operated by Megatron himself. Quite the force and tore right through him. He saved most of the team and created the opening for us to escape Kaon. Couldn't leave him behind after all that, so make sure he gets the best treatment. If brass will give you flak for treating him, tell them that I'll take responsibility."

Looking at Magnus being wheeled out of the shuttle, Jazz scratched the back of his head. "They really did a number on Magnus too. From the looks of things, he was tortured in all kinds of ways you can imagine. I think all that torture made him crazy. He kept asking for more of something and when we tried to move him he went berserk. Never seen anything like it before. Had to knock him out twice because he became violent so I suggest you keep him sedated."

"It's as good a strategy as any right now," Kup replied to Sentinel regarding his lance. "Against an unskilled tool like this, I bet even Volks could take him out without dripping a single bit of energon," Kup said, continuing to antagonize Skywarp.

As he had predicted, Skywarp reacted to the taunts and gave away his position. Kup was ready to dodge and return fire, but was prevented to do so when Ironhide rammed him out of the way. While Kup was sure Ironhide had the best intentions, the already injured Kup hit the floor hard, injured shoulder first. Kup grunted and he put his hand on his shoulder and squinted his optics for a bit. He had sustained worse injuries in the past so he wasn't too worried.

War Room, War Academy

Volks snickered a little when Prowl mentioned something about Sentinel's worthiness. He felt he had the freedom to do so when the mech in question wasn't in the room. "Well from what I've seen, there's no way I'll ever be working for any 'Con. I don't mind a little crazy, but these guys are insane."

The minibot looked at the monitor and saw that Jazz's shuttle was docked in the Shuttle Port. "Speaking of Jazz, it looks like he and his team have returned from the mission. No casualties on their part, so that's a good sign right?"
Aspiring DJ!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

War Room, War Academy

"Who is this Orion?" Yoketron would ask Prowl. "Show me him," He added, probably meaning a picture, or some other visual reference of him to go with it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sentinel Prime moved slightly later than Ironhide, moving as soon as he heard the older Autobot's shout of warning, as well as Skywarp's cannons firing.

Ironhide had moved to tackle Kup out of the way, but in the case that was not enough... Sentinel dashed towards the two older Autobots and activated his Skyboom Shield, expanding it enough to absorb the initial salvo of bullets and stop them from hitting Ironhide.

"Cadet, shoot the damn teleporter-"

Skywarp was not expecting a counter attack, let alone an effective one. The fact that both Ironhide and Sentinel had moved in to protect Kup was unexpected....

Then Orion's bullets slammed onto his right flank, tearing holes on his stomach and feet.

Skywarp screamed as he teleported away reflexively, ending up on the empty training room directly above the former security room.

"Hhh." The Seeker pressed his hand against his stomach, and cursed. He sat there for a brief while. "Damn Autobots." Bah! This is what he get for showing initiative... Skywarp bit his lip. He didn't expect resistance whatsoever... How did the red one find out where he was? They must have a scanner... not good. Fighting them is suicide.

The Seeker shook his head. He had a job to do. Grabbing some grenades from a nearby shelf, Skywarp teleported away once more.

As soon as Skywarp disappeared, Sentinel retracted his shield back into its normal size -- expanding it exhausted him -- and bolted for his lance, grabbing it off the ground. Sentinel whirled around, looking for any traces of the Seeker. "Guess the punk isn't as smart as we thought he was, eh? If it was me, I would've popped out behind one of us right about now."

Sentinel swung around, but Skywarp did not materialize. "Huh. Almost expected that comment to bite me."

Ratchet and the medics with him moved into the shuttle. He watched as restraining bolts were placed on Grimlock, Magnus and Springer, and nodded. "No worries, Jazz. Thanks for getting them back alive. Prowl told me to fix them all up. 'Sides, whatever happens, I'm a damn doctor. Can't leave someone to bleed to death in front of me." The medic chuckled dryly. "Get them onto the MARBs, and into the trailer. Hurry!"

Ratchet himself had moved onto the Autobot that needed the most immediate attention -- Grimlock -- and with another medic was suturing and welding shut energon fuel lines. The other medics moved the otherwise inert Magnus and Springer into the MARBs, with which they moved into the Medical Trailer, running checks and the like.

"I heard it from Prowl. Any idea what tortures exactly these bastards did to Magnus?" Ratchet, having half his body inserted into the big gaping hole in Grimlock's chest, asked Jazz. "Damn lucky, Grimlock. The shot barely missed his spark chamber. Got his fuel pump, though. Good thing you got him out in time..."

"Three, for Primus' sake, get the MARB's magnetic tractor beams online and get us into the trailer!" Not one moment sooner, a beam flashed from an airborne MARB and lifted Grimlock (and Ratchet on top of the unconscious Autobot) gently off the ground and began 'dragging' him towards the trailer.

War Room, War Academy

"Elimination it is, then, if the Decepticons found you before us." Network chirped at Volks, laughing.

Prowl typed into the keyboard and summoned a three-dimensional picture of Orion in the central holographic map, with a short profile next to the recently-graduated cadet. "One of our most promising cadets." Prowl said. "He is a highly capable and honest soldier with great potential. I trust him." (An obedient tool, at least, though a bit too naive.)

Prowl's optics drifted to the map tracking the teleporter, next to Orion's picture. "Prime." Prowl opened a commlink to Sentinel, Kup, Ironhide and Orion. "The teleporter is moving away from your position at great speed. His trajectory indicates he's moving-"

Prowl dropped his datapad and readied his acid-pellet rifle. Panels on his left wrist opened and a small cylindrical object slid out, which soon expanded into a two-edged rod... a tonfa.

"Brace yourselves!" Prowl yelled.

Not a moment later, a whirl of blacks and purples appeared with a bang on one corner of the room. Skywarp opened fire onto the central computer, shutting down the holographic projectors, laughing maniacally as he swung his machinegun into a wider spray, attempting to hit Prowl and Yoketron.

"Sir, get down!" Prowl said as he moved, optics analyzing each individual bullet Skywarp sprayed, as well as the behaviour of the Seeker himself. Wounded. Good, the others did manage to hurt him. Both his wound and his haphazard firing indicates that the subject is confused and enraged. Let's rub salt in the wound, then... The Autobot strategist took aim, and fired off a round towards Skywarp...
Springer85
Protoform

ooc: Sorry! Probably some long posts coming up!

Post by Springer85 »

First Aid arrived on the scene and transformed to robot mode. He took a good look around to assess the situation and noticed Ratchet working on Grimlock. First Aid didn't recognize him, but if Ratchet was working on him then he probably was the one that needed help the most. Trusting that the particular mech was in good hands with the medical officer, First Aid walked up towards the first mech that was closest to him, which was Springer.

"Hold on for a moment," he said to one of the medics that was attending to the green and yellow transformer. First Aid started scanning him and immediately noticed that some things were different about him. "Hmm... His Figure Alteration System seems to have been modified. Interesting," First Aid said to no one in particular. "His laser core seems to be functioning properly. No obscurities there." First Aid continued scanning. "Hmm... His transformation cog seems to have been altered as well. It's nothing like I have ever seen before."

First Aid scratched the back of his head. "I think we have a new type of Transformer here." First Aid made some notes on his data pad and then continued examining Springer. "Seems like he's stuck in simple stasis lock. Seems to have been brought upon him involuntarily. That can be simply remedied."

First Aid checked to see if the restraining bolts were placed on Springer so that there weren't going to be any surprises. With one of his tools in hand, First Aid removed Springer’s stasis lock and only a few kliks later, his optics shined blue again.

Springer tried to move, but noticed that he couldn't. He couldn't even turn his head. All he could do was look up. The first thing he saw was First Aid's face as his optics were being examined by the medic.

"Wha... Where am I? Why can't I move? What has happened to me?" Springer said with a bit of distress in his voice.

"Easy now," First Aid said, comforting the green mech. "You're in Iacon at the Autobot War Academy being inspected for damages by a medical team. You can't move because we have placed restraining bolts on you. We didn't want to take the chance that you might attack us as soon as you woke up from stasis lock," First Aid continued. "As for what has happened to you, I don't know. What's your name? Do you remember anything?"

Springer took a moment to take everything in. He was surprised that he was in Iacon when it felt only like a moment ago that he was in Kaon. "My name is Springer. I... I don't remember much. I was working for the Decepticons when a group of Autobots invaded the Governor's Palace. At first I thought they were attacking so I engaged them, but then I saw that they were rescuing a friend. When I saw that one of the Autobots was about to be terminated, I instinctively jumped in. After that, I don't remember."

"Interesting," First Aid replied. "It would seem that you might have suffered some damage to your brain module. I would like to examine you further later. Your physiology seems to be different from what I am used to."

"Sure," Springer said. He had a lot of unanswered questions about himself too. "Could you remove the restraining bolts now? I really mean no harm to anybody."

First Aid shook his head. "I'm sorry, but I can't do that right now. That's up to the mechs that run this place. Right now they view you as a security risk. You'll have to convince them."

Springer paused for a moment. "I understand."

"Don't worry," First Aid said. "You're in good hands and if you say what you say is true then no harm will come to you from us." First Aid then made his way to where Magnus was as Springer was moved into the medical trailer.

"Just doing my job," Jazz replied to Ratchet.

"From the looks of things, they've submitted him to all kinds of pain inducing things," Jazz said as Ratchet inquired about Magnus. "I noticed scorch marks on him aside from the dents, scratches and other surface injuries sustained from conventional weaponry. What caught my attention the most though was the damage they did to one of his optics. Some strange crystal like energon shard was sticking out of it. Since we didn't know what it was, we didn't touch it. Figured you would know what to do with it."
Aspiring DJ!