What exactly are Xbox One game cases?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
The PS3 KILLeR

What exactly are Xbox One game cases?

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

We know the ps4 cases are going back to standard DVD cases the color of vita cases, and ditching the smaller clear ps3 cases. In every box art of an Xbox one title it looks smaller, and the latest Watch Dogs trailer confirms this.

I have compared both a ps3 and bluray movie case to a xbox 360 one, and when side by side with the trailer image the bluray case is almost an exact match!

So I think that we will be getting small green cases the size of a bluray movie, except where it has bluray on the top banner it will be replaced with Xbox One.

And just to clarify this Xbox 360 cases are standard DVD cases, which is what ps4 is going back to. Also the trailer I'm talking about is on the Xbox marketplace to download, I've no clue if you can see this anywhere else as its been customized for Xbox. The trailer on YouTube will show all systems.

So what are your thoughts on this? Do your own comparison and let me know what you think!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

As long as the game is good and the discs work I don't care what the case looks like.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:As long as the game is good and the discs work I don't care what the case looks like.
Agreed! But what else do we have to guess at until November? I mean we could talk about the games but this is more of a mystery, and well isn't the Internet all about uneducated guesses and name calling? :lol:
Sades

Post by Sades »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote: and well isn't the Internet all about uneducated guesses and name calling? :lol:
No, you're wrong! You're wrong on the internet! You're stupid, stupid-head! *insert cockwaving phrase here that asserts my "dominance" over you and invites a string of injokes to be made circa early 2000's*

I think it's going to be a case. That the game comes in.

I hope it's made of Biscotti, personally.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

I figured it out! I know no one cares but I did!:lol: Xbox one game cases are in fact... Blu-ray cases! I picked up 2 Blu-ray movies a few weeks ago* and after looking at each released photo and running this by my fellow gaming clan mates, I'm 100% positive that Xbox one cases are indeed green Blu-ray cases! Just thought I'd share this useless bit of information with the internet. What? You don't care? Ok... back to not having a life I go! :lol:

*check the thread latest DVD purchases if you really wanta know what they are.
Skywarp the Seeker
Protoform

Post by Skywarp the Seeker »

Sades wrote:No, you're wrong! You're wrong on the internet! You're stupid, stupid-head! *insert cockwaving phrase here that asserts my "dominance" over you and invites a string of injokes to be made circa early 2000's*

I think it's going to be a case. That the game comes in.

I hope it's made of Biscotti, personally.
But the Genesis is 16 bit AND has Blast Processing! Mario is for little babies that pee their pants!
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Just in case anybody actually cares. I was right about them being blu-ray cases so woot!:clap:
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Zoo tycoon? Seriously?

I loved that game back in the day, but I made a perfectly functioning Zoo that just looked after itself and consistantly made a ton of money. Given that I'm generally terrible at those games I assume it was either too easy, or I seriously lucked out.

As for the cases, no way will anyone's mum/gran be able to tell them from 360 cases. Might end up as confusing as Wii U did (if you don't know, many people thought/think it was/is just an add on, like the balance board).
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Well it does say Xbox One on the case and they are smaller than 360 cases, so I don't see that much of an issue. Unless little Timmy says "Gram Gram I want caw of dewty" "which one little Timmy?" "The Xbox one!" meaning Xbox 360. Que Gram Gram picking up the wrong one. Then again little Timmy shouldn't be playing Call of Duty. :lol:

Check out gameplay of Zoo tycoon. it's comming to 360 and I believe PC as well.
http://youtu.be/nL1laOehO1s

It's an old build so expect bugs.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

You're massively overestimating how much most parents/grandparents/the average consumer care/understand about this stuff. They see green, they see Xbox, they buy it. That's why any half decent store clerk will always confirm which system on purchase. Ask anyone who's ever worked retail and they'll tell you.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

I have worked retail, Two years ago a holiday job at Gamestop (thinking about doing it again this year) any clerk worth his weight will do his job right and explain which one is right. I spent 20 minutes once trying to figure out what console this 5 year old kid wanted some stupid Cars game on. He kept saying "the big one" so I walked him around the store and pointed each of them out, that didn't help. I then pulled open a store guide with photos of each system for him to point out which one it was, turns out he was talking about a DSXL.

If someone walks out of a store with the wrong thing it's not their fault it's the clerks. The problem isn't people being uneducated it's the clerks not caring about their job and half ass doing everything for a paycheck. Seriously that's all I see nowadays.

Side note to anyone reading this: When clerks walk up to you and ask do you need any help, if they actually care about doing their job right, they ain't bugging you to meet a quota they actually want to help you.

For the 6 weeks I worked at Gamestop I worked my ass off because I felt empowered and I tried to share my knowledge with everyone I could. Not once did I have a return or complaint. Yet we also went through 3 other clerks in the 6 weeks I was there because they just didn't give a shit. I didn't mind asking questions or working with a customer for hours as long as they left with a smile on their face. My mom worked for 17 years in retail so that's where I got it from, she showed me everything I needed to know and honestly I enjoyed every minute of it.

They call me back every year, but I was just too busy. I'm going to apply again soon and hopefully get brought on full time. Just hope I don't work the Xbox One midnight launch as I wanta play that bad boy ASAP.

Now for Online shopping... that's where the problem happens IMO. There is no one to help just a "BUY" button and a credit card payment page to greet you.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

@PS3Killer

I totally agree on your post to retail buying and clerk motivation ( as funny as it may seem that i actakly opened this thread never having owned or played any console and could care the same about game cases as a bowl of rice tipped.pver here in china )

The online buying is downfall of the middle size dealerships. While big discounters offer similar prices to online shopping but have no or uneducated / unmotivatrd employees, i have seen several mid soze dealers close in the past 10 years ( books, kitchen furniture, electrical devices etc.)
Main complaint being the same:
People go there to get service on decision making, but after 2-3 visits then buy the selected itemson thr net. Noone payes for customer service.

I do. I like service and agree to pay a higher price to award this, if it helped me.

This, the satisfaction for the clerk, and the sensation of carrying the item home works better for me, than annonymous package from amazon.

Seems this is not common opinion, so we see online increasing and dealers in price competition employ the unqualified type to compensate.

.... that is why i spent my big toy purchase in the new acquisitions.thread in a tf shop and not at BBTS.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up: