TOY REVIEW CLAIMS THREAD

Working area for reviews.

Moderators: Skyquake87, ganon578

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It may take a while, but as I think it's unlikely anyone here will be reviewing them (or at least these versions of them) I would like to go crazy and stake a claim to my first toy reviews, the two Auto Assembly exclusive versions of the third party Jumpstarters.

Though would it be OK to do both of them under the one review considering they're 98% the same toy bar some kibble and the colours?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

inflatable dalek wrote:Though would it be OK to do both of them under the one review considering they're 98% the same toy bar some kibble and the colours?
No problems, there's been a lot of reviews covering two toys in a set like that.

Frankly I'm very surprised to see your post in the review claims thread... :glance:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

May get chance to take some photos (just might take a while) and the review could cover the regular versions as well...
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Ok, so I just opened Metroplex. Loose knees and was missing the missile. I just emailed BBTS about it, this is one gigantic Hollowformer...much like the others from the last few Generations toys. More detailing does not make up for cheaper plastics and hollow limbs. :| I am still going to do the review, but I am now waiting to hear back from BBTS about getting the Japanese version as an exchange.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Denyer wrote:May get chance to take some photos (just might take a while) and the review could cover the regular versions as well...
Bugger it, have knocked off a quick separate review.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I know I totally failed at getting my last lot of reviews done - had a really mental spring/summer with work and stuff!

Looks like most of my claims have been reviewed now anyway (totally cool - I was taking ages and the reviews are all grand!).

However, after the next mental week of work I should get at least a brief reprieve so I was looking to claim the following:

- Botcon Ultra Clench
- Year of the Snake Platinum Omega Supreme
- TFCC Deluxe Scourge

As usual, if I take a while anyone's welcome to jump in there. Thought I'd pick oddities this time though. :)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

And indeed oddities they are ;)

I'll take a break from comics and do a write-up for Hun-Grrr, as well as add a little addendum for Abominus (IIRC between Warcry and myself, we covered all five Terrorcons) while I'm at it. Two for the price of one!

EDIT: I would also like to review Masterpiece Soundwave, a slightly less positive review of him. I really like my big articulated Soundwave toy, and if it is the first review in the site I would probably say the same things the current review says, but as it is I think it would be fun to give a different perspective.
inflatable dalek

Having been bitten by the bug, would a convention exclusive Pyro review be of any use?

As if fairly evident from my last review I'm no expert on the mechanics of toy design but I do think I could contribute the vital and importan fact that HE HAS THE WRONG FACE.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

inflatable dalek wrote:Having been bitten by the bug, would a convention exclusive Pyro review be of any use?
Definitely.

We have a severe dearth of convention toy reviews.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I actually did a review! That felt good!

I'd like to add Prime RID Voyager Skyquake to my list.

:)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Just picked up Generations Orion Pax and noticed he's missing from our Spotlight wave reviews. I don't see any claims for him, so I'll cover him if that's alright.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Unless I've missed it, I don't think anyone's claimed Generations Hoist. In that case, I'll look after him. :)
inflatable dalek

has anyone claimed Generations Impactor? I've got a size 12 boot I'd like to stick into it.
Inaction Master

Post by Inaction Master »

Hey, pardon the nebbish newb like myself for barging in, but mind if I get in on some of this action? The review of BotCon 2010 exclusive Pyro done by inflatable dalek I found rather convenient as I just got another exclusive from the same set: Streetstar
inflatable dalek

Though I'm not one of the toy review big boys, I do know there's a desire for more convention exclusive toys so I suspect that'll be more than welcome.
Inaction Master

Post by Inaction Master »

If everyone appreciated that first review I did, I'd like to give a crack at another, and I noticed that no one has done one on Generations Bumblebee yet.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Has claimed TFP-BH Grimwing yet? I will try to write a review if it hasn't been claimed.

Just don't ask for pictures my camera's battery is dead and I don't have the money for a new one and a recharger. I have no clue how to get pictures off my cell phone and before anyone asks I have looked at the instructions for it and they tell me only how to take pictures and not how to get them off my phone and on to my photobucket account.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

This isn't a claim as such, but once I've got site things sorted out, I'll do Fansproject Project X Quadruple U (Weirdwolf homage) and there's a Mastermind Creations Bovis on its way at some point. Unless anyone else gets there first.

Not-Weirdwolf's the first transformation design I can remember being impressed with in years. It's relatively simple but with some neat ways to alter the proportions rather than just changing the arms and legs into beast mode limbs.

Also scratches an itch to pick up ZOIDS-type figures, although there are some impressive LEGO renditions of those and listening to the call of Bricklink is somewhere much further down the to-do list...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

We don't have any reviews for the Hasbro MP Soundwave yet, do we? I can't spot any. In that case, I'll write one up when mine arrives.

I may as well do Hasbro's MP Rodimus too, come to think of it. Our MP reviews are almost always the Takara versions.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

It's been more than a month or so since I claimed my reviews. Will try to do better. Sometime next week, I hope to finish the reviews for:
-Prime Beast Hunters Hun-Grrr
-Transformers Go! Goradora
-Masterpiece Prowl