We suppose to know about this guy?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HotShot81
Protoform

We suppose to know about this guy?

Post by HotShot81 »

I read on Yahoo yesterday about a guy in the NFL known as MEGATRON!

Are we suppose to know about this Calvin Johnson? I mean if a man is nick named Megatron, and the fans know about it, does that mean by extension Transformer fans are fans of him?
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

No

It just means that he is most likely a fan of TF or at least Megatron.

I am also a fan of money. Should I now be fan of everyone called "Penny"?
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Calvin Johnson---Megatron? Seriously?

There's an official purple repaint of the stealth bomber Megatron going on ebay with that name for a few weeks now.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'm sorry, nicknames aren't good enough. Unless you actually legally change your name to something like Optimus Prime you're doing it wrong. You know, like Optimus Prime did.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Post by Weirdwolf and Monzo »

I love sports in general, but I had never heard of him until the toy leaked. It's cool he likes to be called Megatron and all, but you know I've been going by the handle "Weirdwolf" for some 14 years now and I don't have a toy. Eff you, Hasblo! Grrr!

All kidding aside, I just don't see how this deco would have much appeal outside of, well, Detroit. Kinda pointless.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Addl wrote: I am also a fan of money. Should I now be fan of everyone called "Penny"?
Yes.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Marshawn Lynch of Seattle also uses the phrase/nickname "Beast Mode". And those robots on Fox NFL used to transform into footballs. I think we're seeing a quiet nerdcoupe of football.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Calvin Johnson wasn't nicknamed Megatron because he's a fan - it was given to him because he's a big, strong, fast, and near unstoppable wide receiver. It was given to him by former teammate Roy Williams, and the name stuck. Look up some Youtube clips of Johnson's catches and you'll see why - several come on double & triple coverage. Last week the Dallas Cowboys decided to single cover him nearly all game, resulting in him snagging 14 passes for 329 yards (7 short of an NFL record) and 1 TD. I'd call him Megatron all day long for those kind of numbers.

As for the toy, I've been a Detroit Lions fan since birth, and I have no urge to get the Megatron deco made for Johnson. Had they painted in Honolulu Blue & Silver, I would have been interested. Plus that Megs comes with a tiny football.