"Titan class" Metroplex [Hasbro, Takara, SDCC]

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Merry Hill TRU hasn't been too bad an experience to date... the Oldbury one (not part of a shopping centre) used to have a stick up its arse about people taking in bags, although may have given up since the store is still struggling by between Christmases.

I'd have had it refunded, taken names and put the complaint in writing personally. Might as well get a voucher and an insincere apology out of it.

Metroplex listing, mid-September:
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys ... Position=1
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

I did get my hands on Metroplex:) (Expect him and several others to appear on my recent pick up list)

I do want to give 3 heads up.

1) He doesn't come with batteries, so make sure you have 2 AA around when you get him.
2) To get to the battery case, you need a small screw driver with a + head. I ended up using the one from my PC repair kit to get that screw unscrewed.
3) He had 98, yes 98 separate stickers, expect to be at it a while to give him all his detail work, and to transform him a few times because you can't find sticker A, but you can find B,C,D and then go back to find A once you've cleared some off.:)
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Hopefully the stickers are of better quality than the napkins provided with the Takara Prime AM line :lol:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

I am wondering if anyone else who has Metroplex has found this error.

Sticker 31 is labeled for the inner head of Metroplex.
Sticker 77 is labeled for his shoulder.

Only one problem, the labels and the sizes of the sticker areas don't match.

Am I goofing it, or has Hasbro made a boo-boo?
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

He just arrived today. I'm going to break him out this weekend. The box is pretty cool. There is a lot more heft to him than I thought there would be. I have not removed him yet, but his box is about 1/2 the width of Fort Max's. I had pre-ordered the Japanese version, but opted out for the Generations one. Can't wait to get started on my review of him.
FortressMaximus
Protoform

Post by FortressMaximus »

Generations Metroplex arrived today! I am impressed with him!

Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Savannahtron wrote:He just arrived today. I'm going to break him out this weekend. The box is pretty cool. There is a lot more heft to him than I thought there would be. I have not removed him yet, but his box is about 1/2 the width of Fort Max's. I had pre-ordered the Japanese version, but opted out for the Generations one. Can't wait to get started on my review of him.
You still exist savvy? Cool !

Looking forward to your review and then i might but metro from the local toystore in shanghai.

Saw one at a local tru for 1300 RMB , so around 160 EUR.
Attachments
CAM00040.jpg
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

There a site to help with the sticker job? Several of them take some guessing to find where they belong.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Here's Metroplex holding a kitty.

Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I still got my TG-23 sitting on pre-order. Kinda miffed that the runway surface is white instead of black. Maybe I should've gone for the Hasbro version after all...
numbat

Post by numbat »

Clay wrote:Here's Metroplex holding a kitty.
Is that a Scottish kitty?

:)
Tetsuro wrote:I still got my TG-23 sitting on pre-order. Kinda miffed that the runway surface is white instead of black. Maybe I should've gone for the Hasbro version after all...
By my recollection (which could easily be wrong), the G1 Metroplex toy had white runways. Takara may be going for greater G1 toy accuracy there?

I'm still very pleased I ordered the Takara version looking at the photos flying around, especially given it's cost me about the same. Alas, I preordered with MP-19 Smokescreen, which was due out at about the same time but has now been delayed until December, so it will be awhile before I get my hands on Metroplex - no doubt all the more exciting for the wait though!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cute kitty!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

numbat wrote:By my recollection (which could easily be wrong), the G1 Metroplex toy had white runways. Takara may be going for greater G1 toy accuracy there?!
Yep.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

numbat wrote: By my recollection (which could easily be wrong), the G1 Metroplex toy had white runways. Takara may be going for greater G1 toy accuracy there?

I'm still very pleased I ordered the Takara version looking at the photos flying around, especially given it's cost me about the same. Alas, I preordered with MP-19 Smokescreen, which was due out at about the same time but has now been delayed until December, so it will be awhile before I get my hands on Metroplex - no doubt all the more exciting for the wait though!
The G1 Metroplex also had chromed thighs, and to my knowledge, the SDCC exclusive has them, but the Takara one doesn't.

I'm mostly considering cancelling the pre-order for two reasons; one is that I do not think I have the space to display another 2' Transformer anywhere, and the other, bigger reason is that with the strange collection devolution lately where I've found myself preferring the blocky, undetailed and inarticulate aesthetic of the vintage toys to the modern ones, I already have the Encore to cover me on that.

I hope the Takara version is going to at least have a cardboard frame inside the box so I can flatten the whole box, so at least I don't have to worry about storing that, too.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The Takara one looks like the thighs are silvered, if not actually chromed. Seems a bit daft to put chrome on parts that will move a lot -- and to be honest I don't remember the chrome from examples people had in the 80s.

I'm just glad Hasbro didn't FoC-ify the design...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... t=1&ref=nf

http://i.imgur.com/JgMzu5H.jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Alt-mode:

http://tformers.com/transformers-first- ... /news.html

Doesn't look detailed enough to be bigger than a Minibot.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Denyer wrote:Alt-mode:

http://tformers.com/transformers-first- ... /news.html

Doesn't look detailed enough to be bigger than a Minibot.
Am I alone in thinking that looks like either it's squatting real low, or that it looks like a Mega Man stage enemy? The kind that waddles along and fires straight up so you can't jump over it without killing it?

Although to be fair Generations Metroplex looks like he's flopped on his rump and is hanging his head in shame as an aircraft carrier.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Denyer wrote:I'm just glad Hasbro didn't FoC-ify the design...
I believe the technical term is actually "FOC up".
Wreck and Rule!
numbat

TakaraTomy Generations Metroplex Stickers Wanted!

Post by numbat »

I recently bought the TakaraTomy version of Generations Metroplex.

Unfortunately, I discovered that the sticker sheet has some printing errors (on a few of the base mode stickers) and an incorrect cut for one of the small orange circle exhaust stickers for his back (smaller of the orange circles - number 45).

I didn't notice the cut problem for the orange circle until after applying 4 of the others, so really need another one of these for consistency, at least.

If anyone has bought TakaraTomy Generations Metroplex and does not intend to use the stickers, I'd really appreciate them! Happy to pay a bit (within reason).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Will have a hunt at the weekend if no-one's been able to sort you out by then.