The Thirty Greatest Transformers Characters! [#1 revealed!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Sent mine in.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That'll be the one that's three words long and still has the massive sig turned on then.
Hound

Post by Hound »

It's in
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

We've had an awesome turnout so far, guys! but even with all the votes we've gotten the standings are still really tight in some places -- I'm pretty confident I could tell you who the top five will be, but the standings are so tight that I've got no clue what order they'll be in. And the last four or five spots on the list could be filled by any of about twenty different characters, because we've got a lot of characters bunched up with only one or two votes' difference between them.

So if you haven't voted yet, you absolutely should -- it's not hyperbole when I say that your vote may well decide whether or not your favourite guys make the list. :)

When all is said and done I think there'll be a few surprises for us all -- in who makes the list, but I think even moreso in who didn't.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Anyone know if I've voted?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yep, you definitely did. Possibly twice, if memory serves. :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

YAY GO ME :) MAXIMUM THROTTLEBOTS!

(I have a terrible habit of opening tabs and pottering away at stuff in them over the course of a few days)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Windows 7 has been sufficiently better than XP I find I rarely need to restart the OS. Hibernates just fine.
Warcry wrote:it's not hyperbole when I say that your vote may well decide whether or not your favourite guys make the list. :)
As a good chunk of mine only ever really got a profile, there's very little chance... hoping the write-up digs into the the long tail of results a bit, I'm curious to see what other otherwise ignored and dispossessed characters stuck in people's heads and why.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Actually, just glancing quickly at your results...at least one character wouldn't be in the top thirty if you hadn't voted for him, and another one you voted for is one vote away from cracking the list.

I'll say this -- I'm floored by the breath of characters who've gotten votes. 296 characters have gotten at least one vote, and that number was actually higher before I rolled a few continuity-specific versions of characters up into "overall" categories because they'd only attracted one or two votes each. It just goes to show how diverse the fandom and its' interests have gotten over the years. :)
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

I know I tossed in few of my choices on the fly a week or two back. Well, I think I did. I know I had thought about it.

Wanted to come back and add in a few more, but now I can't recall all of whom I voted for.
Sades

Post by Sades »

YEAHHH, I DID IT.

I apologise.
Hound wrote:It's in
That's what she said, HAR
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Consecrated Prime

Post by Consecrated Prime »

I was cutting it very fine, but I managed to get my vote in -- though I didn't give a reason for all thirty characters. Four missed out because I couldn't think of anything to say about them. But I swear I like those guys. :lol:
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

No worries. The explanations are optional, not a requirement. Probably half of our voters didn't say anything at all, which is perfectly okay. :)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Out of curiosity, roughly what percentage went for the full 30? I found it really hard to go the distance myself (and my rationales got progressively rubbisher and rubbisher).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:Out of curiosity, roughly what percentage went for the full 30? I found it really hard to go the distance myself (and my rationales got progressively rubbisher and rubbisher).
If I did two, I'd be surprised if more than a dozen made both lists. Some days I'm in a Wide Load mood, others I'm all about Searchlight.

TBH if there's not at least three Throttlebots on there it's all some sort of fix. Actually ridiculously excited to see the results; I'm sure if we all bombard Warcry with PMs it'll speed the whole process up. EVERYONE HAMMER THIS LINK.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Yeah, same here, some of my votes simply had to do with what stuff I've read/seen most recently and put the characters fresh in my mind, another week would lead to a completely different 30.

As I am with women, I am fickle when it comes to Transformers.

It's the last day folks (depending on what time zone you're in I suppose), so if you've been waiting till the last possible second, it is now!
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

inflatable dalek wrote:Yeah, same here, some of my votes simply had to do with what stuff I've read/seen most recently and put the characters fresh in my mind, another week would lead to a completely different 30.
About the same. Though it helps that you can browse the comic book shelf and see tha back covers of DVDs. :)

i did fill in the both boxes. Very shortly though.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

inflatable dalek wrote:Out of curiosity, roughly what percentage went for the full 30? I found it really hard to go the distance myself (and my rationales got progressively rubbisher and rubbisher).
I'm at work right now so I don't have the actual data in front of me, but a solid majority went for the full thirty. A good number of those seemed to run out of steam for the last five or so though, resulting in a lot of folks either giving up on the explanation side of things entirely or filling their last couple spots with admitted joke characters (no Wildfly votes, though :( ).

Thirty characters is a lot, so I'm not surprised that people had trouble filling up the whole sheet.
Cliffjumper wrote:If I did two, I'd be surprised if more than a dozen made both lists. Some days I'm in a Wide Load mood, others I'm all about Searchlight.
Actually, I'm pretty sure both of your lists were basically the same and that's how I spotted it initially.

"There's no way two people would vote for all these assholes! Cliffy must have forgotten he did it the first time!"
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Did you feel that? I just submitted. :smokin:
Wreck and Rule!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Warcry wrote:Thirty characters is a lot, so I'm not surprised that people had trouble filling up the whole sheet.
I found it tricky from the point of view that the more TF media we get - especially G1 - the more likely it is that a character's going to be either done until everyone hates them (Grimlock), get stupid characterisation (Scorponok) or get tethered to an abysmal story (Nightbeat, Sunstreaker). I'm not going to vote for Ratchet in case this gets misconstrued as admitting Infiltration exists.

Plus TF fans are basically James Roberts, or at least want to be. Optimus Prime? Megatron? Bumblebee? Soundwave? Too mainstream, I honestly totally like this quasi-obscure guy who wasn't in the cartoon that often because it shows I know Transformers.