Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

By amazing coincidence, I dropped a $100 bill when out walking my gibbon nearby to where you live. If you'd post it to me, I'll be grateful (I would collect, but I've been called away on urgent business).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Sades wrote:Watching Power Rangers because the little is now addicted to it.

Billy looks like a giant ****ing toddler in those blue overalls.
I went on a Power Rangers spending spree a few months ago so now I have Loads of red rangers.

Also Billy was the best ranger.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Hound

Post by Hound »

TBH I really hope that this first show gets a whole lot better soon. Every character is just so godawfully stereotypical all the effing time.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Have any of you seen the hilarious adult film version of Power Rangers? It might still be up on Youtube. I quite liked it - but then I have zero attachment to PR.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Nooo, will have to check out at some point.

Alpha, Rita's escaped! WE NEED A BUNCH OF DORKY TEENAGERS! Just pick ones that are conveniently dressed in Zord colours to avoid confusion.

Though they were probably the "height of coolness" back in the 90's.

Well, at least it isn't Frozen. Though tbh I think I'd rather be watching that.

Ahahahahaha, Billy and Kimberly just switched brains or some shit. Noooooooo.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Sades wrote:Though they were probably the "height of coolness" back in the 90's.
No, they really weren't. I remember thinking they were all doofy as hell, even then. I was mostly there for the giant robots.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I think I was just too old for it to get past how disjointed and cobbled together it all was : 'Saved By The Bell' interspersed with some randomness from a Japanese Super Sentai show and some villains looked like He-Man cast offs. It just looked like a cynical toy-exec mandated line designed to cover all bases.

Some of the odd later episodes I've seen are much better, but y'know, still not that bothered.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Power Rangers was like the BIG hit when it first came out.

Which is ironic because Sentai had been going on for around a decade [maybe longer] by that point in Japan.

First few series are so stereotypical it hurts.

Billy the science geek, Tommy and Jason which are of course the muscle and karate buffs that get to be the leaders, the South Korean girl who is into spiritual martial arts/whatever, the black guy who is into rhythmic music/whatever crap, and the "love interest" who is just the typical goody goody girl with a passion for gymnastics.

It got really good on Power Rangers in Space, and then I liked Lost Galaxy [best ensemble cast] and Time Force.

Beyond that I never bothered to look for anything else.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Hound

Post by Hound »

It so is "Saved By The Bell" shoehorned into a Super Sentai show. That's the thing. When it gets to the Sentai footage that's when it gets worth watching.

The Super Sentai franchise started in 1975 so it had been almost 20 years by the time Saban got their hands on it.

I quite like the parts where bright colored ninjas are fighting monsters in giant mecha. I'm hoping that somewhere along the line the parts where it's American people being teenagers gets less crap.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Haha, double post! Hound sucks!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Knightdramon wrote: It got really good on Power Rangers in Space, and then I liked Lost Galaxy [best ensemble cast] and Time Force.

Beyond that I never bothered to look for anything else.
Power Rangers in Space was the best series. The theme song is my ringtone.

As soon as Galaxy hit Struggled I to remain interested. Not because it was bad but because it didn't progress from in Space like other series did before it.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hound wrote:worth watching
You and I have very, very different definitions of this at times, my love.

Weeeeelll, mostly. I'm only teasing, I remember watching this show when I was younger (though to be fair it was mainly because it was on, because younger siblings and not entirely by choice) but I didn't really retain much of a liking or anything for it. It was just sort of there, y'know. That's kind of how it is now. It's there. I can't get away now, thanks (jerkface :p).
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Brain immediately went to these...

http://www.shortpacked.com/index.php?id=352
http://www.shortpacked.com/index.php?id=353

I have nothing more to contribute. As you were.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Sounds about right.

Had a rare day off together yesterday. We slept in as much as a toddler will allow, did our taxes, then we went to the gym. It was a satisfying day, yet seems depressingly grown-up from this angle. :p

I am supposedly doing the dishes while listening to my book, but am actually standing in the kitchen typing this post out and small one is watching Doodlebops.
G1Optimusprime9
Protoform

Post by G1Optimusprime9 »

inflatable dalek wrote:By amazing coincidence, I dropped a $100 bill when out walking my gibbon nearby to where you live. If you'd post it to me, I'll be grateful (I would collect, but I've been called away on urgent business).
You were in Michigan otherwise I dont think you dropped it :|
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well obviously I was in Michigan. That goes without saying.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
G1Optimusprime9
Protoform

Post by G1Optimusprime9 »

Just Making sure but I this bill seems like it was blown in the wind to my dads street and has been on unowned for a while
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeah.... um, that was all kinda sad, though probably not in the manner it was intended. :|

I went and did a test I do from time to time to see what it classes me as, because I like tests. And I like to do them over and over, to see how the results change. It's hard not to see the repeat questions, so I just try to take them as literally as possible instead of just going "Oh, I answered this question this way last time, so I'll do it again..." as (the way I see it anyway) the answer can change depending on wording. Whether or not that's the "right" approach, I don't know.

Usually with this one I come out as right on the borderline of two different types (ENTP/INTP), but this time I came out as INTJ- which is usually what Hound gets (IIRC). I thought that was amusing.

That means this is mine now. -> :eyebrow:

INTJ

Introvert(44%) Intuitive(38%) Thinking(38%) Judging(11%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

We spent two entire class periods in seminary taking one of those tests. On day three when we got our results, the shrink said, "Look on the grid to see what your results say, and if it doesn't match you, look around the grid for the one that does." I raised my hand and asked why we had wasted two days taking a test if we were just going to pick the one that we thought sounded like us. He said, "The test is a tool." One of my classmates blurted out "You're a tool!"

True story.
Sades

Post by Sades »

That also sounds about right.

Man I hope I'm not on with the new guy today. He's alright for a kid, but I don't feel like picking up his slack.

I like my work. I love being busy, it makes the time go by quickly. My only complaint is that they can't seem to hire competent evening people, and when they do manage to find someone decent they leave. I'm getting tired of working with new people because there's never enough time for me to be training them, I'm horrible at training people anyway and they're never as fast as they need to be, so I end up doing the work of two people while I give them some easy task to complete.

I was a new person once and I try to keep that in mind but new dood after new dood wears you down after awhile.

In short, I DON'T WANT TO ADULT TODAY.