Where's my Air Raid? CW wave 2

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Prowl1984

Where's my Air Raid? CW wave 2

Post by Prowl1984 »

I've seen that wave 2 is out everywhere but the UK...any estimates on when we'll get it? Superior needs an arm...

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Both KAPOW and Masterforce got them in stock last month and are now in the process of a restock.

For actual stores, no clue...
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Kapow and Masterforce had the US releases.

For UK retailers, the second wave stock should be arriving in late May 2015. Multilingual packs come with a trading card instead of the comics. It says here.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Awesome. I haven't tried combining him yet...I'm fussy like that...thanks guys!

Hunter S.Thompson
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

My Superion is currently standing on a shelf with one arm, waiting for his Air Raid. :( Although the second wave is theoretically out here now, I still haven't seen any of them on the pegs.

I can understand why they didn't want to have three Deluxe jets on the shelf at once, but I really do wish that they'd managed to put all four Aerialbots out in the same wave in spite of that. Though unlike most lines, the first wave of CW actually does seem to be selling pretty well and not becoming shelfwarmers around here (aside from that ghastly Optimus) so hopefully waves 2 and 3 will show up in good numbers soon.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Late May, still no Air Raid...sad times.

Hunter S.Thompson
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Mine (ordered from Amazon.com) seems to be stuck in customs hell. :(
Wreck and Rule!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I drove all over Hull today looking for anything after wave one after I heard wave 3 had been spotted at an Asda just an hour away in Leeds. Nuthin, nada, Fella at Smyths said try next week but I'm not holding my breath.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I have found Wave 2 at Forbidden Planet (dot com).

Put in a pre-order for Dead End, Air Raid, Blackjack and Motormaster about a month ago as they had 20% off the RRP. Dead End and Air Raid turned up yesterday :)

Looking at the site, they're still showing as pre-order:

https://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=Transfor ... biner+Wars
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Good call on FP! Just put a pre order in with a manufacturer confirmed release date of June 15th!

Hunter S.Thompson
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

If it makes you guys feel any better I'm in the US and my local stores are a joke as well. Sometimes we don't even get product in at all (like that Arcee/Ratchet exclusive wave from Animated).
Warcry wrote: I can understand why they didn't want to have three Deluxe jets on the shelf at once, but I really do wish that they'd managed to put all four Aerialbots out in the same wave in spite of that.
So about that. I'm willing to bet that it's because about 3/4th of Air Raid is also Skydive more then anything. It would also explain why Alpha Bravo got pressed into service. Basically Hasbro/Takara have 2 deluxe jet molds for CW and didn't want to create any more. It wouldn't surprise me if we get random jet transformer decos of them later down the line just so Hasbro and Takara can use the molds more, kind of like redecoing Drag Strip as Mirage or Breakdown as Sunstreaker.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I've seen the wave 2 Stunticons (and Dragstrip w/comic) at Wal-Mart, but no Air-Raid anywhere. I ordered mine from Hasbro Toy Shop a month ago.
Thunderwave wrote:So about that. I'm willing to bet that it's because about 3/4th of Air Raid is also Skydive more then anything. It would also explain why Alpha Bravo got pressed into service. Basically Hasbro/Takara have 2 deluxe jet molds for CW and didn't want to create any more.
This wouldn't be so bad if all the jets weren't part of the same team. I'm still a bit bummed that Quickslinger is a straight repaint of Fireflight. Even just remolding the wings and nose would have been enough to give them different looks.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

*sigh* put back to 30th of July...

Hunter S.Thompson
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Yup. My order for Motormaster and Blackjack has been put back until August/ September thru FP. I suspect this due to importing stuffs. Not helped by Hasbro UK completely skipping Wave 2, I'd imagine.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

What up humans. Figured this was as good a place to ask the question as any.

Regarding Combiner Wars Superion - can the legs be rotated so that the robot chests are facing forward, or does the set-up only work with the jet kibble on the shins?

Cheers folk.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I think you'd be able to put him together that way easily enough, but it would neuter his knee articulation.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Not expecting to see The Only Good Aerialbot anywhere near me. Somehow the Entertainer's offer of £16 [Vidiprinter]SIXTEEN[/vidiprinter] doesn't actually seem to have shifted any of the first wave.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Warcry wrote:I think you'd be able to put him together that way easily enough, but it would neuter his knee articulation.
Mostly neuter it. You can use Silverbolts elbows as knees instead, but that results in really short thighs.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yes, it can be done.
Warcry wrote:I think you'd be able to put him together that way easily enough, but it would neuter his knee articulation.
This is pretty much exactly what happens.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Still waiting...