Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
G1Optimusprime9
Protoform

Post by G1Optimusprime9 »

can I atleast get some credit for being the original creator of this thread you basicly took it from me :( Im sorry for my rude comment
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I should point out that that was me, not Sades. I should've made it clearer what I was doing, but I think it was interpreted in the sense it was meant -- I think having a general chat thread is a good idea, and would rather discussion didn't go in a way that gets things locked and deleted, because there are other people having conversations in it.

It wasn't just you. Dalek was making a joke which I'm going to assume wasn't intended to just be mean but didn't come across as friendly. Most of the people here are a lot older than your profile suggests you are, and more to the point have been talking to each other like that for years. I'd be the first to suggest that it's daft for him to be having a go at anyone else's spelling, because his is far from perfect.

I don't have any problem with putting the starting post back, although again would make the point that people don't really "own" threads because there are other people posting in them, and what we're trying to do as staff is create a place they're able to talk without being disturbed too much by arguments or spam.

edit:

And I should also apologise to Sades for basically coming back to find something I was about to reply to locked, and dealing with it by removing the argument rather than starting a new thread. (Although do genuinely prefer this approach, and think it's a bit less hassle for anyone posting. I'm generally less inclined to delete/lock things than most staff of most forums I'm a member of, unless discussion's gone completely off the rails.)
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I has done voting!

And had chili with a baked potato. And am now listening to Rick Astley!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Skyquake87 wrote:I has done voting!
Threw me for a loop there... I thought I'd lost track and the polling day was tomorrow, based on the "Channel 4's Alternative Election Night Thursday 9pm" ad that's in Private Eye at the moment...

But of course that's not on general sale until the 1st.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...I do postal voting due to my silly work hours. Saw the alternative election night ad in Private Eye too - looks like it'll be interesting, if only to see Paxman mixing it up with David Mitchell.

Charlie Brooker's doing an Election Wipe, but I'm guessing that'll come later.
G1Optimusprime9
Protoform

Denyer wrote:I should point out that that was me, not Sades. I should've made it clearer what I was doing, but I think it was interpreted in the sense it was meant -- I think having a general chat thread is a good idea, and would rather discussion didn't go in a way that gets things locked and deleted, because there are other people having conversations in it.

It wasn't just you. Dalek was making a joke which I'm going to assume wasn't intended to just be mean but didn't come across as friendly. Most of the people here are a lot older than your profile suggests you are, and more to the point have been talking to each other like that for years. I'd be the first to suggest that it's daft for him to be having a go at anyone else's spelling, because his is far from perfect.

I don't have any problem with putting the starting post back, although again would make the point that people don't really "own" threads because there are other people posting in them, and what we're trying to do as staff is create a place they're able to talk without being disturbed too much by arguments or spam.

edit:

And I should also apologise to Sades for basically coming back to find something I was about to reply to locked, and dealing with it by removing the argument rather than starting a new thread. (Although do genuinely prefer this approach, and think it's a bit less hassle for anyone posting. I'm generally less inclined to delete/lock things than most staff of most forums I'm a member of, unless discussion's gone completely off the rails.)
I probally am younger I AM 14 but sorry I did not intend to be a jerk I just tried to be funny and It ended up being mean so I did not mean harm :cheers:

Thanks for putting the top post back
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sades

Post by Sades »

I legit need a job where I do not have to deal with humans. Both coworkers and customers.

Maybe occasional contact with people, so I don't go too batty. As long as that human contact isn't with someone that sucks.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Far more my bad than yours G1Op, so don't worry about it going forward.

Let's all guess who Skyquake (postal presumably?) voted for!

I think he's going to be a former Lib Demer turned Greeney.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Don't know, but according to an online test I did (I like tests) I'm something like 95% Liberal Democrat. That kinda-sorta sounds a lot like the way I normally vote here, so I hope that's not something shitty. I didn't just admit to being Hitler, did I?

Never mind, I googled it. Internet FTW.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Basically a Lib Dem seems nice but will wank anyone off in exchange for power.

And by power I mean "A fancy job title with no actual power".
Sades

Post by Sades »

Well, as long as I'm well-paid. Dry-cleaners cost money.
inflatable dalek

Sades wrote:Well, as long as I'm well-paid. Dry-cleaners cost money.
You get power!

Or the appearance of it.

But no self respect.

Seriously, Nick Clegg now has a hugely muscular right arm.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

This Newszoids skit accurately sums up the Lib Dems time in our coalition:

https://youtu.be/DtW0b2dBY2g

Their mistake was to be spread across all departments whilst in coalition with the Tories, meaning they had no real control over policy decisions. Whereas, if they had insisted on controlling cetain departments, they might have been able to do something whilst in government, rather than propping up the Tories.

And yes Dalek, I am a former Lib Dem whose turned Green, but that happened some years ago now. I do have my misgivings about the Greens - and Natalie Bennett hasn't really decorated herself in glory during the campaigning, but I do feel we need to be doing more to look after the planet as well as its people.

Labour have been disappointing since Blair. Under Blair and Brown they put into place a lot of instruments that we're paying dearly for - PFI for one - and have put us all in this hilarious mess we're in. Never been much of a Tory man - I don't own a number of businesses, have a life of priviledge or an amusing amount of wealth I want to protect through clever tax arrangements, so they're not for me. UKIP are just a more right wing version of the Tories and this 'peoples party' nonsense they've got going on is a sham and I hope to God they don't get anywhere near Parliament, let alone Number 10. And the Lib Dems are just f**ked now. They never should have got rid of Charles Kennedy (drink problem notwithstanding). Sigh.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Skyquake87 wrote:if they had insisted on controlling cetain departments, they might have been able to do something whilst in government, rather than propping up the Tories.
Yeah, total lack of identity except as ineffectual or compromised. And yeah, Kennedy or Ashdown were actual leaders.

IMO it's currently a choice between evil, incompetence or traitors (which major party fits into which box or boxes being personal taste) and of a very poor selection Cameron is unfortunately the most vaguely credible party chief puppet.

I'd rather the collapse of public services not be intentional and at the bidding of Conservative financial backers and lobbyists, so it'll be Labour this time.
G1Optimusprime9
Protoform

inflatable dalek wrote:Far more my bad than yours G1Op, so don't worry about it going forward.

Let's all guess who Skyquake (postal presumably?) voted for!

I think he's going to be a former Lib Demer turned Greeney.
All is good. :cheers:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Ha, I guessed Skyquake.

Go on, I'll guess the political leanings of any poster.

Americans... you're probably Republican or Democrat.

I'm right aren't I? I'm like Psychic Sally!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Meh it all.

I don't want to work tomorrow. Actually, work would be just dandy, if I didn't have to put up with coworkers and customers.

I'm very anti-person lately.

edit: (Except for my little family. They're awesome.)

edit2: Srs, toddlers being toddlers make everything better. Well, when they're not being little shits themselves. :p I don't know why they call it terrible twos, I think this is my favourite age. We bought her this little play kitchen for her birthday, and while I was making her supper she was standing in front of her kitchen, putting the little pots on the burner and pretending to stir with a fork... just the cutest ****ing thing ever.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Who did FCBD? Anyone?

Didn't, wasn't anything I wanted to pick up plus it's gotten so big over the past few years that now there's queuing at our usual comic book shop and literally hundreds of people crowded in. Good for them, but hard to push a stroller through all that. Hound did on his way into work, though, not sure what he's picked up yet...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Missed that completely.

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/981

So sick of event books like Secret Wars. I hope the Panini X-Men reprints skip as much as possible.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I don't mind them, good opportunity to read stuff I normally wouldn't. Just couldn't be bothered this year though.