Prepare to face Podcast Maximus!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

inflatable dalek wrote: And we've got something very special lined up for early November.
Live audio sex tape?
I like bears.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Summerhayes wrote:Live audio sex tape?
I think you'll find most of the podcast hosts are respectably upstanding, and will stick to oral intercourse only.

Dalek, though... :noevil:
Wreck and Rule!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Man, misunderstood the phrase "oral intercourse" majorly at first glance.
I like bears.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Summerhayes wrote:Man, misunderstood the phrase "oral intercourse" majorly at first glance.
We've all been there, even if it is our mother tongue.
Wreck and Rule!
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I'm a regular podcast listener.

I enjoy news and politics podcasts daily and a few of the TF related ones weekly.

I thought the podcast Maximus was ok, but Dalek's awful sound was virtually unlistenable.

Please, knock it off and find a proper microphone.

Thanks.
Come on and wind me up.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Which one? The pilot's pretty shit audio quality. Second was done with a different mic.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Annoying the audiophiles was a goal. Objective: Achieved!

That device/mic will likely be used on future ones depending on if I have to record on the tablet so do beware. But do also do remember this doesn't cost you anything and no one forces you to listen to it.

EDIT: To be fair there was a please and thanks in there, which I missed so the original version of this post is cheekier than it should be.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

inflatable dalek wrote:But do also do remember this doesn't cost you anything and no one forces you to listen to it.
Imagine a world where people online understood that.
I like bears.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...or anything at all.
inflatable dalek

Sorry Skyquake, I can't understand your point unlesss you use a Minion to illustrate it.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Neither do I, actually....
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

To be fair to another TF fan, his point is a valid one for a podcast. It didn't put me off but there is a noticable issue with the differing qualities of the mic. (to be fair, many start up podcasts that I've listened to have this understandable problem and as long as the dialogue is good I hang in. I can understand why it would put some off though, free or not)

That said, I enjoyed the podcasts, and the banter between the voices is entertaining. I'd certainly add it to my list of listening, especially with underbase being gone.
inflatable dalek

I should clarify there's now an edit to my original post in response to TFFan, I managed to miss the polite please and thank you in there so my original response was overly confrontational as he wasn't demanding as I mistakenly originally thought.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I listened to the second podcast last night. I enjoyed it more than the first one. The sound quality was a bit better, and the subject matter was much more up my street (I read MTMTE). I would be very happy to listen to MTMTE reviews on a regular basis, if the team can do that. Also, Hound! Goin' international - nice.

The Swerve recap pages came up in the podcast. My opinion, FWIW, is that the idea should have been dropped in its current form after Swearth. It was beginning to annoy me (the tone more than having a recap at all), but to be able to attribute to an in-fiction event excused it in my opinion. As that event is now resolved, I was disappointed to see Swerve still doing the same thing in the latest issue.

However, I do take the point that it is one or two free pages of potential exposition that is then not required in the comic itself. This is a good idea. My twist: I'd like to see the recap page being used to air background characters' thoughts and reflections on recent events, and as a way to seed character notes and plot points that may come into play later. For example, one issue you have Smokescreen talking/thinking, the next issue Hot Spot, after that Velocity, Waverider, Hound, Mirage, whoever. It would a useful way to flesh the crew out a bit, and to provide a different take on the actions of the primary characters. Admittedly more character art would be required, but worst case we are talking one piece per character, and it could possibly be a re-use of pre-existing art.

What do you think? Worth further thought? Want to mention it to JR, Dalek?
Wreck and Rule!
Terome

Post by Terome »

Thanks for the praise and advice, folk.

That's a great idea, Rack 'n Ruin. That Lost Light Bulletin Board was the highlight of Dark Cybertron. If they could work out a way to do it on the cheap it could serve a double function of exposition / additional coverage really nicely.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

That would be aces. I'd like to see something like that, rather than Swerve. Maybe a mix of the two - different characters, notice board stuffs, poster things...something like that. That would be good :)
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

I'll add a "hell yeah" to the bulletin board idea. Would suit the lost light set up perfectly and allow Roberts to add some more colour to the background crew.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Something akin to what R&R said feels like a must at this point. If it really must be Swerve, he could be having an actual two - way conversation in his bar, with different Lost Light patrons every month.
I like bears.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Yeah, it just doesn't work with just swerve, especially now that the reason has been given. I'm guessing a two way conversation would have to be classed as part of the comic itself though and take away vital pages from the main issue.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Ah, that could be right. It all gets a bit silly, doesn't it? Maybe it has to be the same image every issue? I doesn't bother me either way, to be honest, but if we could see some of the other guys that feels like a missed opportunity.
I like bears.