Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens discussion thread NOW WITH SPOILERS NOW THE FILM IS OUT.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Isn't it lame that one scene, Anakin interfering, stopped Master Windu from killing Senator Palpatine, who he had defeated and at his mercy, caused all this trouble? Think how happy and different things would have been if Master Windu killed Darth Sidious. Anakin and Padmay would have married and lived happily ever after. Doesn't that sound nice?
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Rey killed Kylo Ren. Why did that Sith tell his henchman to find him to complete his training?

Can Han Solo be brought back?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Rey defeated Kylo Ren. She didn't kill him.

Han Solo was stabbed through the chest with a lightsaber and then fell a very long way down. I don't think there'll be any coming back from that (massive internal organ damage, plus what the impact of the fall would do to the human body).
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

dura wrote:Rey killed Kylo Ren. Why did that Sith tell his henchman to find him to complete his training?

Can Han Solo be brought back?
IIRC Rey defeated Kylo Ren but didn't kill him. He certainly is injured Chewie shot him in the nuts right after he killed Solo (I hope Leia isn't expecting any grandchildren, because ouch) and his battles with Finn and Rey.

Other than as a Force ghost or as a flashback/memory, I really doubt it. I mean Harrison Ford is in his mid 70s and the fact that he agreed to do Star Wars 7 was basically so he could be written out of it, something he's wanted since 1980, and he finally got it. He said that he loved the character but felt there was nothing else for Han Solo other than to die that would move the story along and so they sent Han Solo went out as a hero who was trying to save his son.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:IIRC Rey defeated Kylo Ren but didn't kill him. He certainly is injured Chewie shot him in the nuts right after he killed Solo (I hope Leia isn't expecting any grandchildren, because ouch) and his battles with Finn and Rey.

Other than as a Force ghost or as a flashback/memory, I really doubt it. I mean Harrison Ford is in his mid 70s and the fact that he agreed to do Star Wars 7 was basically so he could be written out of it, something he's wanted since 1980, and he finally got it. He said that he loved the character but felt there was nothing else for Han Solo other than to die that would move the story along and so they sent Han Solo went out as a hero who was trying to save his son.
So, what about Han Solo and Leia. I guess he still hasn't gotten over her kissing Luke on the mouth very passionately.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

So, what about Han Solo and Leia. I guess he still hasn't gotten over her kissing Luke on the mouth very passionately.
He must've gotten over it if they had a kid together, and didn't leave Leia until after Ben went Dark Side.

Also, how can Han Solo be brought back in any way shape or form if he wasn't Force-sensitive and if he was stabbed in the chest, fell down a massive hole in a planet that blew up.
Destruction is my specialty
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

I just heard that they interviewed Harrison Ford and asked him if he would be willing to come back for the next two movies. This was before I saw the movie. Then when I saw the movie just last week I was confused for that very reason; he got stabbed through the heart. I was very surprised.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Yes, that would be spoiler prevention. If people know he's not going to be back for Episode VIII when they watch VII then it isn't a surprise when he dies. So they pretend he might be in the next one when he knows he won't.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Maybe Han Solo can come back for Episode 3.1. There's plenty for that character to do. If he would have been killed off in Empire Strikes Back, how would he have gotten with Leia and had a son?
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

MIDICHLORIANS!
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

I want them to introduce time travel and different timelines so we can see Yoda, Darth Vader, Luke, Leia, Master Jin, Obiwan, Master Windu over and over again in different movies.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...or you could just rewatch the films they're in. Time travel is fine, but it doesn't have to be in everything. Mind, I'm not much of a fan for rehashing the past. I'd much rather see something new done.

And personally, until Force Awakens, I found the Star Wars less impressive than everyone thinks it is. But then my star sign is Philistine.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Princess Leia was also supposed to be a Jedi. It was alluded to by the spirit of Obiwan. Yoda said Luke is our last hope. The Obiwan responded, "There is still another." He was referring to Leia. This has not been explored.

Darth Sidious was not supposed to die at the end of "Return of the Jedi". Leia was supposed to become a Jedi and Luke and Leia were supposed to take down the Empire together, like He-man and She-ra taking down the evil Horde.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

There's no way Rey with no training can beat a seasoned Sith Lord with Jedi training like Kylo-Ren.

It really cheapens what it means to be a Jedi or Sith.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

dura wrote:There's no way Rey with no training can beat a seasoned Sith Lord with Jedi training like Kylo-Ren.

It really cheapens what it means to be a Jedi or Sith.
Who said Kylo Ren was either a Jedi or Sith? He's clearly not a Jedi by his actions and Snoke only refers to him as The Master of the Knights of Ren, and in a flashback showed more than 2 of them wiping Luke's Jedi apprentices which goes against everything known and stated about the Sith.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

I want to see Carrie Fish dawn the gold bikini again.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...I don't
Sades

Post by Sades »

I do.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I don't know what dawning means in that context and I'm scared to Google it, so I can't really comment on the subject.

Yes I realise that saying I can't comment is technically commenting, but it's not like this is even the third least useful post in the thread
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...I think dura means 'don' as in to put on or wear.

At least I hope so.