Favorite Transformers

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

dura wrote:Who are the Wreckers? Are they the Junkions from the G1 cartoon?

Who's Jiaxhus? Who's Overlord? Who's Thunderwing?
The Wreckers are essentially the Autobots Black Ops/ Wet Works team, nominally comprised of:

Impactor, Springer, Roadbuster, Top Spin, Whirl, Rack 'N' Ruin and Twin Twist.

Jhiaxus was the protanganist in Transformers : Generation 2. He was part of a (wait for it) second generation of Transformers that arose during the Autobots and Decepticons exile from Cybertron. These second generation Transformers had rediscovered the reproductive process of Transformers (think celluar division) and created thousands and thousands of new Transformers. Jihaxus was a Decepticon warlord who joined the new Cybertronian empire that spread out across the universe. In IDWs continuity, he's an amoral scientist and part of the original Ark crew under Nova Prime that discovered the Dead Universe.

Overlord is the dual Godmaster Destron from the Japanese series Masterforce. He was a lifeless Transector machine piloted by the humanoid 'engines', Giga and Mega. In IDWs comic continuity he is a Phase-Sixer, brought in at the end stage of the Decepticons Infiltration protocol to wipe out a given planet's population so the Decepticons can move in and strip the planet of its resources and/ or Cyberform it. Overlord abandoned his post and expected Megatron to give chase. He didn't. Overlord has since tried to grab Megatron's attention by staging ever more horrific war crimes against he fellow Transformers.

Thunderwing was the local Decepticon commander on Cybertron in Marvel's continuity who came up against the renewed Autobot offensive, following the return of Bumblebee, Jazz and Grimlock to Cybertron. Thunderwing had an affinity for the Matrix and sought to use its power to defeat the Autobots. Sadly for Thunderwing, the Matrix had become corrupted by the time he came to possess it, and the Matrix possessed him. He was destroyed as the Matrix creature tried to possess Unicron. In IDWs continuity, he was part of a small group of Decepticons whom developed Pretender technology. Merging with his new outer shell drove Thunderwing insane and he levelled the planet Nebulous and IIRC, the resultant forces unleashed by Thunderwing also left Cybertron a barren husk (although its been a very long time since I read Stormbringer).
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Why lie?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I was feeling whimsical. And it is Tuesday, after all.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

What is the Lost Light?

I don't want to pay for comics. I'm hoping the tidbits you're giving me will tell the story.
Sades

Post by Sades »

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Tf wiki is not comprehensive. I was hearing about scenes on a podcast where Omega Supreme is pounding Monstructor's face and that's not on tf wiki.

Don't rely on just once source. You want to use multiple sources.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Thanks, never would have figured that one out on my own.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

dura wrote:Don't rely on just once source. You want to use multiple sources.
No, you want to do your own research. You know what the best source is? The ****ing material. Go read it. Don't want to pay to do so? Tough.

Transformers consists of 30+ years of toys and multimedia storytelling. Condensing it into one resource involves the occasional detail being omitted here and there. Like maybe not listing every move from a fight scene.

You want to know absolutely every last detail of something? Read it your ****ing self. Don't expect us to pander to inane, random, contextless questions, then get snippy when we show you how to find out the answers yourself.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

I'm feeling attacked right now. I don't disagree with what you're saying. I just feel like the tone of the discourse is negative.

Can we soften the tone a little bit?
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I'll soften my tone when you take on board what other people are saying and make a vague effort to seem like you're capable of engaging in actual discussion. If you act like a bad chatbot you'll get treated like one.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

These Transformers comics have such complex stories.

I think I can learn a lot from you SkyQuake. You seem like a comic book afficianado.

Are you an Omega Supreme fanboy?
Sades

Post by Sades »

dura, I'm going to go ahead and say that Brend's advice (while a little... pointed) is sound.

Plus you're unlikely to get anyone to tell you the plot of anything now that you've stated the reason you're asking is because you don't want to buy comics. Please stop asking about comic specifics on our board. There are literally tons of resources on the web that will give the general gist of the events that happen in the comics (including our own review section), if you're not going to read the comics, don't expect anyone to give you a play-by-play.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Is Galvatron more powerful than Sixshot?

In the Japanese G1 cartoon Galvatron told Sixshot he was going to be sacrificed so that Galvatron could attach his head to Cybertron and become like Unicron.

Sixshot did not like it but he kept quiet. Was he afraid of Galvatron?