Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Nice :up:
Outdoor cinemas are great in my opinion, oddly convivial. Can kids see properly from the back seat or does everyone have to squeeze in the front though ?
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

We backed in, opened up the tailgate, flipped the back seat backwards, and had a nice upholstered bench for the kids. My wife and I sat on lawnchairs and/or blankets in front of them. (They could see over our heads though. We're not mean like that.)
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Aha forgot that preparation comes with the territory of being a parent, I was thinking it'd be like the flintstones with everyone crammed in the car.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Our pet dinosaur did smash his head through the roof of our van, though.

And insurance says it's not covered. :(
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Seeing the billboards has reminded me of something that annoyed me before Octopussy last week: A lengthy advert for Sky Broadband featuring the cast of the new X-Men film. Which seemed to have been made by people who didn't realise they're from the 1980's. And I don't care if you're super fast or have a mohawk, if you're from the 80's you're not going to know what Broadband is, let alone who is the best provider. Why the **** should I listen to you?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

We're still under a full fire ban and it snowed (albeit ever so briefly) yesterday.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

beer !

[edit] more beer !
Sades

Post by Sades »

My kid just came downstairs from saying goodnight to her grandparents and asked if we could watch Seinfeld.

According to Hound, she had been watching it with her grandparents for about five minutes before she called her dad over, tapped him on the leg, and said "... This is a great show".

She is... a master staller. How can I say no? I need to see this kid, who can barely sit still for ten minutes straight most days, enthralled with Seinfeld.

edit: Yup, she's sitting here, eating raisins, watching Seinfeld. Weirdest shit ever.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I've caught odd re-runs of Seinfeld on some Sky channel or other, and its still awesome.

...I eat cereal when I'm watching it, in case you were wondering.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm not a fan, but occasionally quote Soup Nazi still.

No, I don't really care what you eat while you watch it, and the obscene oversharing happening in your post offends my delicate sensibilities.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Anyway, nevermind that..

It's nearly Preacher o'clock!!!!

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/preacher/37 ... new-images

I am so excited for this. Hope its aces. Preview in the link looks pretty good.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Think it looks terrible, tbf. I'll watch the first episode at some point. Expecting to hate it, hoping to be proven wrong.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I have faith. He says, with no trace of irony.

...if its balls, I'll be sad. But Joe Gilgun's in it and he's always good value, and i like Dominic Cooper. It'll be nice to see him doing something other than Howard Stark cameos in Agent Carter.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I want to like it, but yeah. That's generally how these things go.

Haven't been really keeping up with development, also could stand to do a re-read but not going to invest the time (might if we get around to digging out Hound's copies of the TPBs). Cassidy looked alright from what I saw, visual alone isn't gonna sway it though.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Having a fairly mixed reaction to Preacher and Ennis in general, happy to give it a shot.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Is the Phoenix force more powerful than Apocalyse?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Went to Slam Dunk in Leeds yesterday. I think the festival organisers greed and hubris had won out over common sense. I've never had to do so much queuing in my life. Usually, this one day punk and metal festival is done all in one venue and split across two stages. This year, it was split across four outdoor stages, and underground carpark and three venues. And you had to queue for EVERYTHING. Not helped, it has to said by the snaking crash barriers up and down some Leeds' smallest streets. Although everything was in easy reach, everything reached capacity so quickly that you spent most of the day in a line, meaning you missed a lot of what you're there for in the first place : The Bands.

I had a list of about 8 bands I wanted to see out of the 100 or so that were playing and managed to see two full sets only all day and just snippets of everything else. I think if you're just into one genre of music and were happy to stay in one place all day, then you'll have got a lot more out of this than I did. I was at least pleased not to have missed the two bands I really wanted see above all others, but even that really didn't make up for this. I think we got maybe 1 and half hours worth of actually seeing bands out of a 9 hour day. Thats balls.
Sades

Post by Sades »

electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I'll be a qualified teacher in four weeks.

FOUR!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Whoop!