OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Hound

Post by Hound »

My plan is to one day have a room where I can have a table or two in a corner where I can display these really big Transformers that I have in base modes. I do occasionally put them in base mode and play with them because I do have floor space to do that when I feel like doing so. That's one of the things that I really like about this new Fortress Maximus, there's all these posts all over the thing where you can attach the little head guys and places where you can attach the smaller base modes. It really highlights that these are meant to be playsets with the added benefit of turning into a giant action figure also.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Warcry wrote:I still can't fathom what in the world you'd do with a Transformer that size. Either as a collector or a kid. Most of the kids I know don't even have enough empty floor space in their bedrooms to turn the thing into base mode.

I'd love a modern Fort Max (or the inevitable Scorponok that'll surely follow) but I can't see myself spending $200+ to buy something so huge that I'll never be able to do anything with it bar standing it in a corner of my basement.
Hound wrote:My plan is to one day have a room where I can have a table or two in a corner where I can display these really big Transformers that I have in base modes. I do occasionally put them in base mode and play with them because I do have floor space to do that when I feel like doing so. That's one of the things that I really like about this new Fortress Maximus, there's all these posts all over the thing where you can attach the little head guys and places where you can attach the smaller base modes. It really highlights that these are meant to be playsets with the added benefit of turning into a giant action figure also.
I see the appeal, but I don't have the cash or the space to get one either. I thought getting CW Leader Megs and Starscream was big enough. They would come up to Fort Max's knee!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

ganon578 wrote:Seibertron's got a gallery of Fortress Maximus up. Holy crap is that guy huge!

Fort Max
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... 121/2/354/

I think 'Plex (with some mods) was the right choice, personally, and goes better with a bit of a WST collection... but I'm sure there'll be third party stickers to detail Max more, and there seems to be a lot of excitement for him.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Denyer wrote:http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... 121/2/354/

I think 'Plex (with some mods) was the right choice, personally, and goes better with a bit of a WST collection... but I'm sure there'll be third party stickers to detail Max more, and there seems to be a lot of excitement for him.
He goes nicely with Metroplex. I didn't pay much attention to that one when it was around since it was way out of my preferred size class and price range.

Yeah, if you have some WST's, that would be really appealing.
numbat

Post by numbat »

ganon578 wrote:Yeah, if you have some WST's, that would be really appealing.
Yup - Metroplex is great fun with WSTs: https://twitter.com/ChrisCathrine/statu ... 1639541760

I really want an updated Fort Max, but he needs skyscrapers in city mode for me. I'll wait and see what 3P add-on kits turn up before deciding to buy. (He does look awfully like Metroplex backwards too...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Surprised no one has posted this yet. New-mold deluxe RID Starscream (animated homage) found at retail.

What interests me is not the figure itself, but that a completely new mold made it all the way to retail before anybody knew about it. No leaked factory test shots, no tweets from a Takara designer, no bar code sleuthing, nothing. Somebody went into a physical store and found something new and unknown.

Neat, huh? I wonder if that's ever happened before... pre-internet, the catalogs did pretty well to announce the entire year's forthcoming figures. My best guess would be some figures from G2 making it to stores in advance of catalogs, and that's been a while. (I'm of course thinking of new molds; I'm sure the odd repaint has shown up with no advanced notice from time to time.)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/07/21/tita ... oks-319923

Can't say I'm really interested in either the Sharkticon or the Bumblebee, and if that's a non-exclusive release of the Brainstorm mould it'll be a bit late.

Do we think Fangry (after a head release) might end up being a Doublecross retool?

Bit soon to be re-doing Blitzwing if that's the intention for an alternative use of the Megatron mould.

Oh, and Liokaiser and a mini pic of Sixshot.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Denyer wrote: ...if that's a non-exclusive release of the Brainstorm mould it'll be a bit late.
On a good solid look that Brainstorm is a heavy retool of Blurr. I approve of this. Blurr is a pretty solid figure, imho.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

D E A T H S A U R U S
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Sharkticon's cool. Not really my thing, but cool. Might grab one if I see it cheap.

If the revisited HM characters were a bit bigger, I might be tempted, but as it stands it's a "nice idea, but I'll pass" entry.

LioKaiser is ****ing hilarious.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I like the Sharkticon too but I'm a pass on about 95% of Titans Returns to be honest. Which is good I think as I was pretty close to all in on Combiner Wars. It'll be nice to have a year off from the grind of all that searching and money spending.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That Sharkticon is cute.
Denyer wrote:Do we think Fangry (after a head release) might end up being a Doublecross retool?
I'd be stunned if the line went on long enough for most of the head-only characters to get a full figure. As with Combiner Wars, they're almost certain to wander off and do something else well before exhausting all the characters the fandom wants to see. Which is a shame because the Doublecross mold would make a perfect Fangry with some tweaking.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Warcry wrote:perfect Fangry
LOL
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cars like Nightbeat/Siren are simple, not sure what other uses there might be for Scourge, Hardhead, Skullcruncher, Weirdwolf, etc. as they're so distinctive. Much more approximate or off the wall stuff such as Warpath or Wolfang/Carnivac?

Could see TR sticking around for a good while if it sells reasonably. The only surprising thing is a play pattern with such a small accessory. The heads are easily lost, have a fragile connection point and are more swallowable than the originals.
Thunderwave wrote:On a good solid look that Brainstorm is a heavy retool of Blurr.
No, was referring to it being a Walgreens exclusive after use in an SDCC exclusive set. It's probably the Walgreens one... don't think the CW online "exclusives" got packaging markings to say they were more limited releases.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

What I hadn't clocked is that that's apparently a voyager scale laser rod Prime?

http://i.imgur.com/xniHl6l.jpg
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Apparently (acvording to twitter) Scourge and Highbrow are actually heavily reworked versions of the same toy. So one reuse there at least.

Plus the inevitable Alpha Bravo.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

In terms of general design and a few specific parts, but "retool" doesn't really describe it well unless the same CAD design was literally manipulated from one to the other.

Rotorstorm seems likely? Fits less with Vortex, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/8qaLlYv.jpg
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Call me picky, but I dont think you've done them right Denyer.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Could be a way of making some generics with other heads mixed in...

https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReport ... =3&theater

http://i.imgur.com/pid8Hi1.jpg
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:LioKaiser is ****ing hilarious.
Yes he is.
Hound wrote:I like the Sharkticon too but I'm a pass on about 95% of Titans Returns to be honest.
Likewise. I picked up Rewind in the end to go with Cupola (would prefer the KFC version, but hey), but I still don't like the tank mode. Will almost certainly get Takara's Super Ginrai. Vaguely tempted by Sentinel Prime (he is orange!). Thought I'd get Fort Max, but the end result is rather underwhelming. And I don't like non-Headmasters being Headmasters (totally get kids will love the gimmick and collectors aren't the main audience, and that's cool). So TR is not looking to be a big financial drain for me either!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.