POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Post by Clay »

inflatable dalek wrote:TR Mindwipe!

Actually not the toy I was expecting, I think the one in my head with too elaborate wings in robot mode must be a 3P one.
Probably the fansproject one. I've been out of the loop, but I think that it's still the only third party Mindwipe.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Platinum Edition Autobot Intel Ops, on sale for £35 at A1 toys.

Perceptor - the reason I bought it. Still aged pretty well, nice size and good leg joints mean he'll do okay until a better official one comes along; the faceplate head isn't bad and certainly preferable to the dreadful IDW one we're probably going to get on any forthcoming MP. Some overly stiff joints on the shoulders; the slides and their case are a bit random but do no harm.

Blaster - not quite as comically huge as I remember him being but still a peanut-headed pile of blocks that turns into a block. Chest cavity is still a disaster waiting to happen.

Steeljaw - have his wing gun things always been gold? Not bad bad but it's difficult to get away with being that flat when you're not as iconic as Ravage.

Ramhorn - simple simple but the launchers do give him a surprising amount of width in rhino mode.

Either Rewind or Eject, the blue one - bit of a mystery why they didn't include both despite the toy being so boring; maybe they were already planning to gouge the Roberts fanboys with that £12 block from Titan Returns. Crap figure either way - this is two years' design progress since Rumble/Frenzy?

So yeah everything bar Perceptor is going on ebay when the price of the set creeps back up.

I am amazed people, intelligent people, are buying Titan Returns toys in Europe. Spending £20 on a mainline Deluxe figure with all the compromises and flaws that involves? Whole fandom's got less perspective than Pat Lee.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Cliffjumper wrote: I am amazed people, intelligent people, are buying Titan Returns toys in Europe. Spending £20 on a mainline Deluxe figure with all the compromises and flaws that involves? Whole fandom's got less perspective than Pat Lee.
I'll have you know that I have terrible impulse control.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote: I am amazed people, intelligent people, are buying Titan Returns toys in Europe. Spending £20 on a mainline Deluxe figure with all the compromises and flaws that involves? Whole fandom's got less perspective than Pat Lee.

Yeah, I'd hate to be one of those suckers when they realise...

Wait...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Cliffjumper wrote:I am amazed people, intelligent people, are buying Titan Returns toys in Europe. Spending £20 on a mainline Deluxe figure with all the compromises and flaws that involves? Whole fandom's got less perspective than Pat Lee.
Yup. Won't do it for standard release. I paid £16.99 for TR Skullcruncher, because of my poor impulse control and childhood fondness (he was my first Headmaster). I feel that was overpriced. No way will I go to £20!!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

numbat wrote:Yup. Won't do it for standard release. I paid £16.99 for TR Skullcruncher, because of my poor impulse control and childhood fondness (he was my first Headmaster). I feel that was overpriced. No way will I go to £20!!
OK... It has been brought to my attention that TR wave 2 figures will have been procured from suppliers post-Brexit, resulting in an increased cost...

Cheapest I have managed to find the other TR Decepticon Headmasters is £18 a pop. I have ordered in fear of never finding them so cheap again (:eek:)... Better find a Hardhead in a shop!

Brexit is really messing up my life over the last few weeks (obviously Transformers are a minor irritation compared to other things). Can anyone remind me who Brexit is benefiting? :p

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

MP - 31 Delta Magnus

Well this is a whole heap of awesome. I am very impressed and suddenly don't care that the cab doesn't make a separate robot. The cleverness of the transformation design is enough to win me over - its an enormous welly-booted robot (with interchangeable faces that he can store in his back) that transforms into an articulated lorry AND BACK!!!! Most of all though - the colours!!! The blue/red/silver/black combo is way more interesting looking than Magnus' boring red white and blue and they look so good -SO GOOD - that its baffling the Diaclone colours where dropped for Transformers in favour of something so bland (or patriotic) looking. Absolutely brilliant stuff and looks ace carting around my other Diaclone MP Cybertrons, whilst Exhaust and Loudpedal nip at his fenders. Best of all, I get to tick a grail off my list for less than the cost of the original Takara reissue toy from 2001. Hooray!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Whoever came up with the idea of Alpha Trion being pink space viking unicorn Aslan (don't know how much of a guide Emiliano was given but it's genre mashup a go go)... it works pretty well apart from the front paws being a bit loose and the elbow swivels tending to come off when moved.

The hands into lion jaws is quite a novel transformation, although agree with a comment that said it's a lion statue more than a lion. And those things by the side of his head click down out of the way into the torso, thankfully.

Also rather nicely the front paws don't have to bulk out the chest in robot mode, since the waist swivel has been sacrificed (presumably for the third mode) those legs can be left hanging straight down behind.

edit: Prefer side on angle even if worse and messier photo...

http://i.imgur.com/nazJz6X.jpg
numbat

Post by numbat »

I've got a few things recently, with a few more to go (Titans Return has hooked me on the G1 Headmasters... Well played Habsro, well played).

Nick Roche signed prints: MTMTE Autobots seasons 1 & 2, MTMTE Decepticons season 2 and Sins of the Wreckers Mayhem Attack Squad. (Thanks Knightdramon!) Need to get these framed (and find MTMTE Decepticons season 1...).

TR Voyager Sentinel Prime: One TR figure I was committed to finding from an early stage. Doesn't disappoint - he is ORANGE! Well thought out transformations, although his space train mode is rather thin and weird (no desire to get the Astrotrain version, as he could only look disappointing next to the Henkei one).

TR Deluxe Skullcruncher: This guy is the culprit - being the first Headmaster I owned, I couldn't resist. He's so much fun, I've had to complete the set! With all the grumbles I expected him to be quite small, but he seems to compare favourably with Classics and Generations Deluxes to me... He is light though. And his joints are quite loose (indeed one leg falls off during most transformations...). And that rubber flap for the hatch is a bloody pain. So QC and design could be improved a little. Nice paint applications though!

Takara Legends Deluxe Skids: I had the Generations version, but the Takara releases colour scheme really won me over. The mould still has all its faults, but he does look neat. (I'm selling/trading the Generations version if anyone is interested?)

CW Leader Ultra Magnus: After seeing how much fun this guy could be with Minimus Ambus, and the IDW inspired design, I couldn't resist. He is really great fun! Love the wee control centre for Minimus!

And Minimus is more detailed and involved than I expected (but bloody hell the ratchet joint on the car roof used for transformation is ridiculously tight!).

Transformation is clever and fun too. In fact, I feel current offerings are combining the transformation design element I loved from the Prime RID figures with G1 / IDW aesthetics. However he is a disgrace from behind! Almost all honeycomb! I hope this is addressed somewhat with Takara Legends Ginrai! I do like the car transporter mode too, but feel it's just a tad too small... You really want to fit Deluxe cars on comfortably, I'd say. But hey-ho. (Oh, and not all of the white plastic parts are the same shade, which is a bit odd - only subtle though.)

Cybertron Supreme Starscream: I used to have this figure but sold him an age ago when I didn't have enough space. I was pleased to get him back in a trade/sale with a local collector this week. Really enjoying him! He is big and he is simple, but he is FUN! (If anyone has the missile for him, and was willing to part with it, I'd be interested...)

Takara United Scourge: I have the Generations version, thanks to Clay, but when the opportunity to have the Takara one came up at a tenner I couldn't resist. Love the updated take on the character, and the Takara paint job is premium class. The Takara one is now my Scourge and Hasbro version his Sweep.

UW Computron: This guy has taken the top spot for me - he is the best UW/CW standard gestalt I have encountered to date! I love the mould choices, and extensive retooling - Nosecone and Strafe are particularly superb! The only niggle I have is a personal preference: I'd rather Afterburner was the rust colour of the G1 toy. I'd really like to get hold of a Hasbro Afterburner to perfect him. (Joints on all of my Technobots are worryingly stiff though...)

Also items on eBay.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

With the CW deluxes hitting in Marshalls/TJ Maxx in the States for $10/ea., I did a little shopping. Ended up with CW Smokescreen and CW Swindle out of all of them. I was originally looking for a Prowl but came up with the other two, so I ordered a Prowl from the HTS eBay shop for $14 with free shipping. I like both of the first two I mentioned. Smokescreen has an absolutely gorgeous car mode, and the robot mode is solid, if a little bland. Swindle is just outright fun and well engineered.

If I've learned anything from playing with my 4 y.o. and his Rescue Bots, is that simple quick transformations are really fun for play. Smokescreen and Swindle achieve that well. And with the addition of Prowl soon, I think I'll be looking to make my own version of Defensor. Right now I'm thinking of getting a Hot Spot at some point, with Smokescreen and Prowl as two of his limbs. Blades as a third, and I haven't settled on the fourth yet.
Firestrider57
Protoform

Post by Firestrider57 »

Just bought Hardhead and Galvatron from Titans Return line.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Titans Return Skullsmasher - Bought at a discount at Myer.
Destruction is my specialty
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Saw a lone Highbrow in The Entertainer today. Just couldn't pull the trigger for £20 on a deluxe toy though. It did look good, but £20..? No thanks.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Skyquake87 wrote:Saw a lone Highbrow in The Entertainer today. Just couldn't pull the trigger for £20 on a deluxe toy though. It did look good, but £20..? No thanks.
BUT HE IS IN MTMTE YOU COULD HAVE HAD ANOTHER LOST LIGHTER ON THE SHELF NOW THE TUMBLR MAFIA WILL BE AFTER YOU :(
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I want him for All in the Minds.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Highbrow is in MTMTE? I must have missed that somehow...

Maybe he will be the next TR figure I will open in that case!

Anyhoo. Opened TR Chromedome and TR Mindwipe. Love them both. Mindwipe has an insanely inventive transformation, and the designers deserve a bonus for him! Chromedome is either a very heavily retooled Dead End of he's a copy of that design in the same way AoE Lockdown copies DOTM Roadbuster. Either way he is great fun, and I can see it being easily retooled as Nightbeat (please!), although perhaps the CW Breakdown mould would work better (I know it is inferior, but the proportions may work better for Nightbeat). Would you guess I'd really like a TR Nightbeat?

I also got Takara Legends Shockwave. I had seen the Hasbro version about, and the mould looked great, but the Takara paint job just works better for me - the lilac makes for the perfect G1 cartoon match with UW Bruticus!

Very well designed Legends figure - it's up there with the best (although Legends of Cybertron Starscream remains one of the first and still the best Legends Class mould). However, I wish the wee flange of plastic didn't limit the gun mode to being held by CW/UW Gestalts - Supreme Starscream would like a go...

The wee Headmaster Shockwave comes with, 'Cancer', has blown me away in terms of paint applications. I had no interest in him at all when deciding to make the purchase, but he is actually rather fun!

Who is he though?

Anyway - Titans Return is proving a very fun line, against all my expectations! However, I still have no interest in non-Headmaster G1 characters as Titan Masters.

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

numbat wrote:Highbrow is in MTMTE? I must have missed that somehow...
He gets sidelined while Brainstorm's shoehorned into every single story.
Who is he though?
Masterforce reference I'd surmise - Cancer was the guy who piloted the mech that we got as Squeezeplay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Cliffjumper wrote:He gets sidelined while Brainstorm's shoehorned into every single story.
Ah, now you mention it I seem to recall a running joke about him being smarter than Brainstorm?

Cliffjumper wrote:Masterforce reference I'd surmise - Cancer was the guy who piloted the mech that we got as Squeezeplay.
Errrr...

Right.

He looks snazzy anyway.

:swirly:

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Cliffjumper wrote:Masterforce reference I'd surmise - Cancer was the guy who piloted the mech that we got as Squeezeplay.
Oh! This guy. How could I forget this guy!

http://cliffbee.com/

Also items on eBay.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Using CW Prowl and WJ as arms for red Ultra Prime made me wonder how an all white gestalt would look. I found Battle Core Optimus Prime at TJ Maxx, so I could try it out. He looks great with Alpha Bravo and Slingshot as legs, but that left Superion 1 aircraft short. I snagged a duplicate Blast Off to fill that spot. I also found a CW Ironhide.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry