POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

my latest acquisition

Post by Scotimus Prime »

My latest acquisition was this.....from Kapow
Attachments
FB_IMG_1474216907382.jpg
FB_IMG_1474216915076.jpg
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

numbat wrote:Cybertron Supreme Starscream: I used to have this figure but sold him an age ago when I didn't have enough space. I was pleased to get him back in a trade/sale with a local collector this week. Really enjoying him! He is big and he is simple, but he is FUN! (If anyone has the missile for him, and was willing to part with it, I'd be interested...)

Admin edit: why quote everything in a huge wall of text and pics?
Btw i also have Supreme Starscream, but the prob i have with mine is the red shiny paint seems to be getting scratched off due to the lower legs rubbing against it when transforming it into jet mode
Attachments
rsz_20160919_083714.jpg
rsz_20160919_083542.jpg
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Tantrum wrote:Using CW Prowl and WJ as arms for red Ultra Prime made me wonder how an all white gestalt would look. I found Battle Core Optimus Prime at TJ Maxx, so I could try it out. He looks great with Alpha Bravo and Slingshot as legs, but that left Superion 1 aircraft short. I snagged a duplicate Blast Off to fill that spot. I also found a CW Ironhide.
Man, you're striking the CW gold around you! How many Marshalls/TJ Maxx stores are in your area? I've got two Marshalls and a TJ Maxx in driving distance, and all 3 only have the Sky Reign and Bruticus figures in stock. I've easily been able to find everything twice over for a full Bruticus, which I think clocks in at ~$55 like you mentioned before. Still can't bring myself to get the whole deal though. I'm just not much impressed with Blast Off and Vortex.

I saw the White Prime at TJ Maxx last week and passed - he would look good with Prowl, Smokescreen and a couple Protectobots though. But I still think I want Hot Spot as my core.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

There's 5 TJ/M that I go to often. There's one each within 5 miles of me, so I hit those every week. There's two TRU within 45 min of me, one near a TJ, one near a Marshall's; those are maybe once a month each. On the way to either of them, I pass a town with another TJ, so I stop there on the way. I've seen lots of the Bruticus and Sky Reign Deluxes. The Ultra Prime Deluxes are harder to come by.

Walgreen's has put CW Voyagers on clearance for $13. Maybe check there for Hot Spot before going on-line.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
numbat

Post by numbat »

Scotimus Prime wrote:Btw i also have Supreme Starscream, but the prob i have with mine is the red shiny paint seems to be getting scratched off due to the lower legs rubbing against it when transforming it into jet mode
Ah - that's the Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream G1 homage repaint. I have the original Cybertron release. There's no paint on the upper legs on my version, so no issue with it flaking.

I was tempted by that G1 version though, but I just really like the deco on the Cybertron one. (Purple cockpit for the win!)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Tantrum wrote:There's 5 TJ/M that I go to often. There's one each within 5 miles of me, so I hit those every week. There's two TRU within 45 min of me, one near a TJ, one near a Marshall's; those are maybe once a month each. On the way to either of them, I pass a town with another TJ, so I stop there on the way. I've seen lots of the Bruticus and Sky Reign Deluxes. The Ultra Prime Deluxes are harder to come by.

Walgreen's has put CW Voyagers on clearance for $13. Maybe check there for Hot Spot before going on-line.
Wow, that's a few stores. Nice they're in such short range to you. Colorado is so spread out, no matter what I do it seems like I've got to travel 15 miles.

Good call on Walgreens. I will check there, as they're basically on every street corner!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Acquisitions since we moved (almost two months now):

1. Paddles= late birthday present (YAY), Sky Lynx = late Mother's Day present (double yay!), Cyberjaw/Bigbite= me deciding to buy toys and not knowing I had presents coming. :o (As soon as I took this picture the small one swooped in and claimed Paddles and Sky Lynx. She is now making them kiss.)

2. TR impulse buys. Haven't had time to take a couple of them out of the box, I should really get around to that... BUT SEACONS

3. Hound bought Fort Max. :o Then he finished Hades!

So I have a SHITLOAD of plastic crack now. Paddles is awesome, unfortunately it's making me want to get the rest of the Planet X dinos (not happening now that I've committed to Seacons). Flipping his rear flippers out of his legs is scary. I feel like I'm going to break him when I fiddle with him, and while that concerns me he's just so cool that I ain't even mad. AND HE'S GOT POINTY BITS I CAN POSSIBLY HURT MYSELF ON HIM, COOL.

I need to find some sort of stand to put him on.

Another Sky Lynx to add to the collection. I haven't even transformed him yet, all I've done was flip his tail fins around (not interested in forming combined mode, this way works better for me aesthetically). Nice looking figure so far. :)

Back with opinions on Seacons later (in the right thread this time, dammit). THEY LOOK LIKE CANDYYYYYY
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

After searching around for CW stuff at various stores (and hoping to score some low prices) I came away with a few items. Not all of them are the exact things I was looking for, but I'm pretty pleased:

CW Brawl: Just like Swindle, I like Brawl's character, and the figure is nice too. Still not pressed to get the whole Bruticus yet.

CW Battle Core Optimus Prime: In lieu of finding a Hot Spot, I figured I would take a shot at OP since he was only $15. He's a nice figure, and if I really want, I can just call him Ultra Magnus since that's what Hasbro likes to do with White Prime anyways.

Anyhoo, when Prowl arrives today I will finally have enough CW stuff to make one mixed combiner. He won't be the prettiest Transformer around, but that's OK. In the long run I'll be swapping out Brawl and Swindle for a couple Protectobots (or Ironhide or Sunstreaker). Overall though, between CW and TR, Hasbro is really hitting the mark on making Transformers fun again.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sades wrote:Acquisitions since we moved (almost two months now):
All great choices, which is shorthand for "I've acquired quite a few of the same things"... Bigbite's goofy prehistoric hug monster fun, and I can well see me ignoring the one-representative-team-member guideline and biting on Cyberjaw if it turns up with some markdown (like Hypnos did).

I'm using a Hot Toys style 'U' stand like this with Paddles, it hooks underneath quite robustly and they're readily available --

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/172233513526

They also work for flyers if you extend with wire and tape. Such as Caelus (Swoop) which I got ages ago, and which I'd offer the warning on that the design is on the fragile side and parts get in the way of each other unless instructions are followed closely. No serious damage done, but could've been worse.

Got the SDCC Cerebros because Kapow had a flash sale and I'd been after Cerebros (from The Rebirth I've always imagined him as turning into a supercomputer) ... but have also managed to get the Max body into a reasonably compact but recognisable arrangement I'm happy with --

http://i.imgur.com/J8AUH8a.jpg
numbat

Post by numbat »

Denyer wrote:have also managed to get the Max body into a reasonably compact but recognisable arrangement I'm happy with --

Oooo. I like that! Any chance of a wider shot to help replicate?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Denyer wrote:All great choices, which is shorthand for "I've acquired quite a few of the same things"... Bigbite's goofy prehistoric hug monster fun, and I can well see me ignoring the one-representative-team-member guideline and biting on Cyberjaw if it turns up with some markdown (like Hypnos did).

I'm using a Hot Toys style 'U' stand like this with Paddles, it hooks underneath quite robustly and they're readily available --

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/172233513526

They also work for flyers if you extend with wire and tape. Such as Caelus (Swoop) which I got ages ago, and which I'd offer the warning on that the design is on the fragile side and parts get in the way of each other unless instructions are followed closely. No serious damage done, but could've been worse.

Got the SDCC Cerebros because Kapow had a flash sale and I'd been after Cerebros (from The Rebirth I've always imagined him as turning into a supercomputer) ... but have also managed to get the Max body into a reasonably compact but recognisable arrangement I'm happy with --

That's cool, but also i noticed in the background there that you've got the Project Genesis Guardian repaint!(or it's deffo a Guardian repaint of some Omega?) now THAT is cool:cool:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, it's Gammadim. The guardian robots always made more of an impression on me than Omega Supreme (watched the KtVS / War Dawn tape a lot as a kid).

The Max alt transformation is mainly a case of getting the legs limbo-ed back behind the body so the leg guns are underneath, and hiding the arms under the ramps. Just don't forget that the knees have that sideways shuffle ability.

Base mode front/back/sides:

http://i.imgur.com/5l1ckMW.jpg

Side view of Cerebros configured to fit into the top slot plus the spare blue bits, although those can always be tucked away somewhere:

http://i.imgur.com/mrU4fN7.jpg

And the inspiration:

http://i.imgur.com/XRwH0wd.jpg
Sades

Post by Sades »

Denyer's trendsetting. :p That's very tidy, though. Picture 2 looks like it has a lion/cat/dog face on the white part on the bottom. :o

I haven't been much interested in the new Fort Max as of yet. Hound's got a couple different versions, at some point I'll have to sit down with them.
Hot Toys style 'U' stand
:up: Super, thanks! That's perfect. The clear version is nice, too, but damn. Robbery.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I've come to the conclusion that I have zero willpower when I find something l like.

For the time being, I've passed on my hunger for a decently priced Defensor - so for the going rate of ~3 of the Defensor parts, I've been able to assemble nearly two whole Combiners via Marshalls/Ross/TJ Maxx.

My previous Combiner of BC Optimus, Smokescreen, Prowl, Swindle, and Brawl was just not right. So I bit the bullet and finished off Bruticus with CW Onslaught, CW Blast Off, and CW Vortex. Bruticus is lovely. I honestly didn't think I would like him as much as I do, but it works really well. Out of the bunch, Vortex is easily the one I like the least. And the one I have has kind-of wonky hips. They work, they just don't move quite right. Otherwise, I'm really jazzed to have the set!

And I've decided to go a more traditional Autobot route with my other CW figs. I'm making an Optimus Maximus (but calling him Convoy Maximus since my kids will be confused if I show them a white Optimus Prime) with Prowl, Smokescreen, Trailbreaker (which I picked up yesterday), and at some point Ironhide. Trailbreaker is pretty neat, but the holo-projector for a hand bugs me.

All in all, I will have assembled two Combiners for ~$100 USD.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Denyer wrote:Yeah, it's Gammadim. The guardian robots always made more of an impression on me than Omega Supreme (watched the KtVS / War Dawn tape a lot as a kid).

The Max alt transformation is mainly a case of getting the legs limbo-ed back behind the body so the leg guns are underneath, and hiding the arms under the ramps. Just don't forget that the knees have that sideways shuffle ability.

Base mode front/back/sides:
Thanks!

I'll maybe give that a go. I still like the configuration I was using with the legs as skyscrapers, but your setup is very tidy indeedy.

Also items on eBay.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

TR Galvatron and Hardhead - Bought both during Myer's Toysale with 20% off both.
Destruction is my specialty
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I got another one.
Attachments
14435352_1287907954555637_7456657821958122556_o.jpg
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Micromaster Race Track patrol!

Or is it the race car patrol?

Sports car patrol?

...see what the problem with these is?
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Tetsuro wrote:Micromaster Race Track patrol!

Or is it the race car patrol?

Sports car patrol?

...see what the problem with these is?
Not really. Not knowing the Sports Car Patrol from the Race Car Patrol used to carry the death sentence round here.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Um...Race Car are the Autobots (Roadhandler, Tailspin, Swindler and uh, the other one), Sports Cars the Decepticons (Blackjack, Roadhugger, Detour,Hyperdrive) IIRC