OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Black Shadow still looks really like Thunderwing, which I'd be inclined to get if/when they do... deserves an upgrade from the earlier CHUG one.

TR and bits of CW I'm finding more fun than most TF stuff in ages, creeping prices and hollowness aside. Interesting choices of characters and a nice chunky aesthetic with a good balance of transformation simplicity and everything else.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Warcry wrote: Black Shadow is definitely looking like an Overlord pretool, from that. But is the tank even a part of his robot mode?
Front panels look to be his feet. Beyond that I wouldn't have guessed.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Warcry wrote:That Broadside jet mode. :lol:
Just noticed this thanks to a chap on twitter yesterday. TR Broadside's jet mode actually makes Generations Blitzwing look good by comparison!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

No. What is it?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Had a catch up on the NYCC stuff. I really like the look of Broadside, questionable jet mode and everything. Other than that, Black Shadow looks decent and Twinferno is the only other one I'm halfway interested in.

Noticed that Combiner Wars LioKaiser listings have started popping up on ebay, and I'm more excited for him than anything I've seen from TR so far.

As for Hasbro having no stock left... this tends to be how retail works. TR may have had a lower than usual production run, or Hasbro have produced enough stock to meet demand. Which is sensible. Just means that with scattershot retail distribution, its going to be more or a crapshoot trying to get hold of some figures. I'm sure we'll all survive though.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Get the impression they're rushing waves out. The order period for retailers for wave 2 was short, and wave 3 probably the same -- but given the tooling costs and all the rest, wouldn't be surprised to see stuff being available to order again after some months as happened with CW.

Also, I don't think HTS is exactly Hasbro.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Hopefully we'll get a Cliffjumper out of TR Bee
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

What happened to Knightdramon? Did he fall down a hole? I have to report this stuff myself now. Not cool.

ANYWAY shall we have a look at the now-official MP Megatron redux?

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/10/21/mast ... ges-326633

Back looks a bit of a mess. Seems a bit long in the legs proportionately. Face looks excellent. Alternate battle damage chest/head and pre-reformatting head look great.
numbat

Post by numbat »

MP Megatron V2 does look quite impressive. The torso looks better proportioned than any of the 3P offerings. However, on closer inspection he does look very complicated and has a lot of kibble hanging around... I'm erring towards him as my MP-10 scaled Megatron solution, but will need to see more before I can decide.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Torso looks compressed, personally. Like Shockers the legs remind me of an Actionmaster -- not a bad aesthetic if you like that sort of thing and light years ahead of the original unless you really liked the toy-inspired design of that, but... the main beneficiaries of this will be people who like the 3P ones that end up moved on by particularly fanatical MP collecting existing owners and retailers stuck with overstocks.

The earlier dark grey proto leaked image looked better TBH.

edit:

If the Boldforms one still gets made and isn't too inflated price-wise, I may have a punt on that one. But honestly Hegemon and Apollyon fill two different scale gaps perfectly fine AFAIC.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That's a very good Megatron, barring the messy back that Brend already noted. Can't say I'm super-interested in it myself, since I'm not a huge Megatron fan and don't have an MP Optimus for him to face off against. But it's definitely the nicest attempt (official or not) at the character so far, but by a wide margin.

I'm most impressed by the gun mode, actually. It's reasonably accurate (though maybe a hair too wide) and reasonably close to being 1:1 scale too, as far as I can tell from the pics.

Personally I'm waiting for a good MP Galvatron. Until then my Decepticons are just going to have to deal with taking orders from Ratbat. :)
Sades

Post by Sades »

I like it. I think it has good balance overall, agree on the back being a mess though.

Also agree on his alternate mode, I'm pretty impressed that they managed to make it that balanced and still manage a decent gun mode.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Definitely buying that Megatron. To me it nails it better than any of the other attempts.

The transformation looks like it's going to be insane. It appears they've totally abandoned the traditional scheme for it.
From the high-res scans of the magazine pages, it looks like the back of Megatron's head ends up in front of the trigger guard in gun mode. And the gun mode hammer seems like it ends up as part of the back of his thighs.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Looks like Takara are redoing Combiner Wars Bruticus as Baldigus from Car Robots.

Well, I say Combiner Wars rather than UW because they seem to have gone with the Slingshot mould for Shuttler. Rather than, y'know, the brand new mould they made specifically for Blast-Off.

Mad.
Now actually a thing, with shuttle Shuttler.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/10/25/taka ... ion-327926
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I like that! Now, if this popped up in the urban camo deco...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Having passed on the retail combaticons and never bothering with the takara set, I actually really like the ruination deco on these.

Still haven't followed up on getting Denfensor. I'm so behind...
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

**MASSIVELY UNSURPRISING NEWS KLAXON**

Masterpiece Artfire be official
https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-37- ... e-artfire/

Leg detailing! Okay it's mostly through stickers, but leg detailing!

Also, TFND on Facebook are claiming that LG-42 is going to be Godbomber... o_0
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Surprised to see people surprised by Artfire, I thought he and hauler were inevitable reuses of that toy as cheap low production run filler. It's not any more obscure that Clampdown really.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!