[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Metroid Prime Trilogy Wii - given how much getting all the stuff I'd have needed to play the GameCube versions, this made sense.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Clay

Post by Clay »

Fallout Shelter is more fun than it should be, but not as much as it could be.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I've been thinking about trying Fallout Shelter out for awhile. But I've never really gotten into Fallout itself. I'm sure if I gave it a chance I'd enjoy it, but when I want to play a game along those lines I always opt for Skyrim or GTA V.

Hatched an Electabuzz yesterday. I've never liked Electabuzz. Walking Vulpix now as I'm only 10 candies away from Ninetails... Going to have to do a mass evolve soon, been catching Pidgeys for the XP. Having a cold is seriously putting a damper on any Pokemon Go activity for me though.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sades

Post by Sades »

A Vulpix popped up outside yesterday, and since I was only as few candies away from a Ninetails and my phone has been disconnecting from the server and not connecting back up to it every time I leave the house recently I ran out of pokeballs trying to catch it.

I had a couple of dollars left on my account so I used that to buy 20 pokeballs and catch the bastard. Then I turned him into candy. Now waiting on my other Vulpix buddy to find ONE MORE candy and I'll have my Ninetails... yay Ninetails!

Evolved a Victreebell yesterday. I also approve of Victreebell. \o/
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Taking a break from DBZ Budokai HD Collection and instead I'm playing Lego Lord Of The Rings, in which I've just finished the story mode and now I'm going to work through the mini-kits, treasures and everything else.

Also, bought Tomb Raider 3 and Legacy Of Kain 2: Soul Reaver of the PSN.
Destruction is my specialty
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I've been playing almost nothing lately.

The only thing I've been able to squeeze in is about a half hour of Diablo 3 on the PS4, and I've tinkered around a little on my old 360. I was debating on selling the old brick, but there's just too much on the hard drive from Games With Gold that I haven't even tried to play. I think I'll just keep it for the time being; the selling price for a 360 is pretty dead anyways.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I've got about three free play levels left to do on Lego LOTR as well as the bonus level and all the open world stuff.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - Bought on discount at EB Games, actually still sealed which is nice.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Yay! I snuck in 20 minutes of Battlefront this weekend. Forgot how much fun this game can be, even without much thought. Trying to get to level 25 still. Hah!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finished the remaining Free Play levels and cleaned up a couple of the free roam stuff, still plenty more to do on Lego LOTR.

Also picked up WWE 2K16 in the form of a Lay-by.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - Fun so far, and it's as beautiful as the last one. I just want to know what I'm supposed to do with all of these cards they gave me. And how do I switch to the older costume sets?

That being said, Lara in her PS1 togs yomping through the frozen wastes of Siberia would be a bit improbable.........
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I played the last new-ish Tomb Raider on the 360 about a year and a half ago. Only got through a couple hours of it, but it was pretty decent, IIRC. After that I lost interest. I think because I bought my PS4.

Speaking of which, I was able to get a smattering of gaming in. Battlefront for a bit (got to level 25!), then over to Uncharted 2 for a chapter or so, and some Diablo 3. Man, Diablo really lends itself to pick-up and play without thought, even after months of inactivity.

You know what game doesn't do that? Resident Evil. With the remake on PS+ for free this month, I put it on my hard drive. Holy crap are the controls clunky! And the switching camera views is completely disorienting. Quite a few times I was stuck running in the same stinking corner, screen to screen, back and forth. I simply shut it off, and I don't think I will ever go back.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I've been playing the Sims mobile game on my phone because I've been too lazy/distracted to fix my Mac. Part's in the mail finally, though. Good thing, too. I'm too lazy to reset passwords before I think I have to and I'm starting to miss blarging on Tumblr.

Thinking of buying a gaming desktop. Anyone have any recommendations? I have next to no ****ing clue what I'm doing when it comes to this sort of thing.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Almost finished with Lego LOTR, done all the free play stuff except for the bonus level, also may take a while for my to accumulate 10 BILLION studs though.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Stupid Pokemon Go had to have their Halloween event start right while I was gathering Pidgeys for another Lucky Egg evolvathon. Ghastly, Cubone, Haunter, Meowth everywhere. I didn't ever think I'd actually ever have to go looking for Pidgey.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Sades wrote:Stupid Pokemon Go had to have their Halloween event start right while I was gathering Pidgeys for another Lucky Egg evolvathon. Ghastly, Cubone, Haunter, Meowth everywhere. I didn't ever think I'd actually ever have to go looking for Pidgey.
I've not played in weeks but fired it up this morning and immediately caught enough Gastly to finally be able to get the Gengar I'd been chasing.

So yay.

#DoubleCandyFTW
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I've finished Lego LOTR and am now going back to DBZ: Budokai HD Collection to complete that one.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I've been trying to have fun on BF1 on PS4 but I don't have the fast reactions needed for an FPS. In a way this is very realistic as the loss of life is astounding.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:I've not played in weeks but fired it up this morning and immediately caught enough Gastly to finally be able to get the Gengar I'd been chasing.

So yay.

#DoubleCandyFTW
I play a little bit every day/every other day still, especially if I'm waiting somewhere. I like Pokemon.

Pokestops are annoyingly few and far between out where I am though, I've got a few nearby but I never go in their direction unless I'm specifically going for the Pokestops. Meanwhile I've seen pictures of places like NYC where you can go two blocks and hit like 10 stops easily. Lame!

Can never turn up a Paras. Paras are ****ing adorable. STILL NO SNORLAX GRR.

Anyway, on to other games: When I have time I've mostly moved on to Sims 3. I like building houses, and I bought an expansion pack called Barnacle Bay that I haven't reeeeally gotten a chance to play yet but looks to be disappointingly less piratey than I was expecting.

I am also hopelessly addicted to the Badge Arcade on 3DS. I don't even give a shit about the badges... it's the game itself. Stupid Badge Arcade.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finished DBZ: Budokai HD Collection and will now be moving on to Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The tournaments in the Budokai games can be really cheap if you don't play cheap yourself and spam certain moves or tactics.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Literally the only way it's going to happen, looks like...

If one of them is not I quit!*

This is bullshit. I'll probably never quit. These ****ers have me. :/

- stupid Magmar, half-decent Dragonite, which I was able to use to get my Dragonair. The hunt continues.
Attachments
snorliest.png