Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Post by Sades »

OHEMGEE YOU GUISE I'M SOOO EXCITE TO GO BOTHER STRANGERS AND WATCH MY KID GET CANDY

Having a three year old is so awesome. Her excitement and enthusiasm and energy is just amazing.

She's going to be a Power Ranger, and her prop sword just arrived in the mail. WOOT.

We have a Pikachu pumpkin because she wanted a Pikachu pumpkin. She hugged it and kissed it when I finished carving it, it was adorbs.

And now I must bake, because I have a freezer bag full of pumpkin guts and a container full of pumpkin seeds in the fridge. Breakfast muffins heeereee weee cooooooomeeeeee
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

We're sitting in the dark avoiding trick or treaters. Mainly because I ate all the sweets.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Can't you just leave a sign that says "Out of candy" on the door?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

My little guy is dressed up as a pumpkin. I'm trying to get a good picture of him, but so far every time one of us gets a camera he'll run up to the other parent and hug them, so it just looks like he's wearing an orange shirt and funny hat. :(
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

But that's what he is wearing!
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That's the joke. :(

But seriously though, I really want to get a picture of him where you can see the jack-o-lantern face and stuff! I suspect he knows this and is secretly laughing an evil toddler laugh every time he sees me grab the camera.
inflatable dalek

Pumpkin or toddler, who is the real monster?

I've done nothing Halloweenish today (though I am back at work tonight, scary indeed, ho, ho, ho), but did go see John Carpenter do his film music live at the weekend. In a gig I and my two friends (including Podcast Maximus' Marian) really enjoyed a lot, but which everyone on the event Facebook page seemed to hate. All their reviews genuinely read like a different gig...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 0efb266117
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Well yeah, Facebook comments are where people with brain-damage who hate everything live. They might actually be worse than Youtube comments, but nobody who's attempted to do a study has ever survived.
inflatable dalek

I think the issue is John Carpenter's fanbase skewers older (I was certainly one of the younger folk there), so people who haven't been clubbing in 20 years probably would find it crowded and £4.50 for a pint insanely excessive (they'd have a heart attack at TFNation!).

Though the amount of claims it was a death trap with only one exit suggests their eyesight was going, I saw lots of well signposted fire exits...
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yay, finally got around to fixing my laptop. But the trackpad no longer works; was not a problem I had initially. Possibly overtightened screw from the guy I took it to first (easy but semi-pricey fix, need to buy specific tools to get battery out to have a look, blah); could possibly also be failing battery (sadface). Either way, this thing's days are probably numbered anyway. Meh.

In the meantime, I've got baby photos to store. What's your go-to, an external HD or flash drives?

- Also, I'm having a brain spasm or something because I can't ****ing remember the name of the girl who sung "Rumour Has It". You know the one, she had the tall hair and she died a few years back.

This is one of those things that you forget, then just can't ****ing believe you forgot. And then you tell other people, so they can laugh at you because you forgot.

All Google and the internet is throwing at me is ****ing Adele. Help!

- - never mind, I'm a moron. :lol: I mixed up two different songs. Ahhhhhh, love it.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Amy Winehouse?
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeah, but the song is an Adele song. I got them mixed up; I was thinking of Rehab. But since I was actually thinking of the Adele song, it doesn't matter. Ack.

But at least now I remember who she is.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

So apparently when my internet connection drops out and the TFA tab ghosts, that little Devastator icon goes black and white and looks like Bret Hart.

#andknowingishalfthebattle
Attachments
bretastator.png
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Ooh, a wrestling reference. A topic on Reddit a few months ago was about meeting famous people, and someone wrote about walking past Tantanka, The Undertaker and another wrestler having lunch together at a park rest stop, and all three were really nice to that someone.

I've always wondered what wrestlers were really good, honest pals in real life. Mainly late 80's-early 90's wrestlers.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sades wrote:In the meantime, I've got baby photos to store. What's your go-to, an external HD or flash drives?
Spread bet. Important stuff on at least a couple of external drives, consider burning discs of smaller stuff as well, and try to have off-site backups of anything really important.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Auntie Slag wrote:
I've always wondered what wrestlers were really good, honest pals in real life. Mainly late 80's-early 90's wrestlers.
Mick Foley and Al Snow. I met them both, they were nice guys.
Denyer wrote:Spread bet. Important stuff on at least a couple of external drives, consider burning discs of smaller stuff as well, and try to have off-site backups of anything really important.
:up:
Sades

Post by Sades »

Jesus ****, President Trump.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Absolute ****ing omnishambles of a year.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Trump won. Since I didn't vote for the bastard I voted for Clinton, after this sentence I will never call him President Trump again. To me he's always going just Trump or President Nutball Fascist. But sadly once again America proved once again that we are a land of angry religious idiots, bigots, and traitors.

It is times like these if I had the money I would be considering which English speaking country (namely UK, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand) I would be moving to right now.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Hm, it's times like these that I'm glad I moved to Canada. However, perhaps Canada wasn't far enough...