Titans Return: The Game

Don't dream it, be it.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Dig Site:

Hot Rod scowled up at the retreating Starscream.

"Lookit the coward run!"

"He's not running. He's trying to do somethIng useful."

"So? We can fly, let's get him!"

"Our flight speed isn't that high. However, we should be able to keep up with him in vehicle mode, and pick at him with the photon blasters."

"I'm not riding in there."

Hot Rod transformed, Firedrive disconnecting and transforming to robot mode as Hot Rod hot the ground in vehicle mode, his canopy open, Firedrive landing neatly in the cockpit, tapping the touch screen VDU on he right side of the control panel before plugging his arms into the ports on the panel as the canopy snapped shut. Hot Rod's engine roared to life, the jet turbine in the back keening to life as he roared forward in pursuit of Starscream.

------------

"Yeerghh!!!"

Nightbeat felt Ginrai shudder slightly, then noticed the indicators for the ion cannons had gone red. "What happened?"

"Feels....... kinda weird..... I think I've been hit with something..... There."

Nightbeat focused on the red square above and behind them. "Great. Screamer again. How long until the ion cannons are back online?"

"I'm recycling the system now. Maybe a minute."

Nightbeat read the distance data, switching his focus from the disabled ion cannons to the right side laser cannons. "He's a lot closer than that giant bird-thing. Think we can hit him?"

"Yes. He's a lot closer."

"All right. Start being as evasive as you can be and see if you can nail him with the laser cannons."
---------

Ginrai started weaving as he continued his charge towards Deathsaurus, the double barreled laser cannon on the right side of his trailer pivoting up and back, locking onto Starscream and opening fire.

Near the Shuttle:

Chromedome brought up the energo-sword, blocking and deflecting the downward slash from Sixshot.

"Why can't he remember your name?"

"It's either psychological warfare, or he's just not that bright. Possibly both. I want him dead because of what he's done in the past, of the friends and innocents he's killed, not because he can't remember my name. Besides, I have to try to keep Sentinel alive and mostly intact."

"So you'd rather face an old, broken down Politician than me? That does seem to be a bit more your speed, given your record. He'll talk your audio receptors off, I'll send you to hell." With that, Chromedome moved in, snapping a vicious kick at Sixshot's knee.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sixshot's sonic energy blasts (OOC: from a few posts back) carried over the entire battlefield, shaking debris and breaking windows. The cacophony would not go unnoticed. Several tens of miles away, something ancient, gigantic and angry raised it's head, turned it's attention in the direction of the battle, and scowled.

Dig Site

"And I thought I was supposed to be the one who spent his men's lives recklessly!" Megatron was taken aback by the new, vicious attitude that Optimus was displaying. He supposed it must have come from his newest Titan Master, a person whom Megatron hadn't been all that familiar with before he'd been paired with his arch foe.

A bloodthirsty Optimus presents certain opportunities, though. I shall have to ponder how to exploit them, yes...

Megatron scowled at the sudden intrusion of his partner's mannerisms, but the thought being expressed was one of his own. If Optimus of all people could be turned...

That train of thought was interrupted by the Autobot leader's cannon fire. Megatron turned his left side into the blast and popped up his faceguards, protecting his head and vital components from damage as the explosive shells pitted and blackened his thick armour. If he'd been in pristine condition the damage would have been seriously painful, but he was still in such discomfort from being shot down and crash-landing that he barely noticed.

"Oh, I like the new you, Prime. By all means, try to slake your bloodlust! It's oh, so enjoyable. Just don't be surprised if you get out of your recharge slab one day and find yourself looking at my face in the mirror!"

As his retort hung in the air, the Decepticon leader split his arm cannon in two. He fired his now-handheld fusion blaster at Prime's chest. The shot didn't carry the immense firepower that his cannon did in tank mode, or even when it was combined on his arm, but it still was more than powerful enough to cause grave injuries. A moment later he followed up with a shot from his railgun pistol -- formerly the back half of his arm cannon -- and aimed a crippling shot at Prime's left knee. But he was aiming the weapon using the left arm that Optimus had just damaged, and he couldn't quite keep his hand from shaking.

Battlefield

"You speak as if you know me," Hardhead told Deathsaurus. "But I have no idea who you are. I suppose you simply mustn't have been very memorable."

The Autobot soldier made no attempt to avoid the Decepticon's attack. The lightning bolt arced from Deathsaurus's throat straight to him, but Hardhead trusted his thick armour to protect him. And protect him it did, as the energy ran through his thick plating and into the ground without touching any of his sensitive internal systems. It hurt like hell, and he knew he shouldn't make a habit of letting himself get struck like that, but his point, he trusted, had been made.

Unfortunately, he was too busy "making his point" to notice that Ginrai had opened fire, or he would have pressed an attack (however unsteady on his feet he must be at the moment) instead of taunting, "It will take more than you've got to 'dismantle' me, Decepticon!"

Mindwipe shook his head, but the movement was a bit rough since he still hadn't recovered from the effects of the blast wave. "Thank you, but no. I vill not use drugs vhen there is any other choice. It impairs my con--" He frowned suddenly. "I vant to be able to think straight," he finished.

He'd been about to say that drugs interfered with his connection with the spirit world, but a momentary surge of embarrassment (almost certainly coming from the part of him that was Vorath) had made him give out a bland reply instead.

Once he was able to stand without feeling the world spin around him, Mindwipe looked down at Fracas and said, "Ve need to get your friend moving. If ve leave him behind after the battle, he vill not surwive long on his own. Too many combiners still haunt the surface, and too many other, vorse things."
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Battlefield

Deathsaurus's ego stung at Hardhead's lack of recognition.

I suppose I have been away too long for to expect those I only know by reputation to know me by same. Still, the fact that he hasn't even bothered to familiarise himself with his enemies' senior generals is.. disappointing.

Deathsaurus reared back to snap at Hardhead's hard head, just as Ginrai's ion blasts slammed into his side. He just managed to keep himself from falling over, but was still quite shaken from the blow. He glanced towards the truck, which seemed more focused on Starscream right now, but was still heading fast this way. That could be a problem. His beast mode was built to fight infantry, not war rigs.

As his gaze wandered to Starscream, he spotted another airborne form, approaching very quickly.

"Don't worry, Autobot. 'More than I have' will be here very soon.
----------------------------------

"He's gotten himself into another predicament, hasn't he? How anyone lived so long with such an aptitude for heroism I'll never understand. Well, time to go rescue the rescuer."

Esmeral dropped into a steep dive towards her husband.

----------------------------

Deathsaurus launched himself into the air to meet his Esmeral. The two recombined, mind and body, and landed back in front of Hardhead, sword and shield at the ready. "Alright, Autobot, give us your best shot."

-----------------------------

Near Shuttle

Sentinel was thrown back by the blast of Sixshot's cannon, his audio receptors ringing.

Sonic weapons? Is he trying to kill everyone?

Sentinel transformed into train mode and charged at Sixshot, hoping Chromedome would keep the Decepticon distracted enough that Sentinel could land a solid blow.
Crazyjabberwock
Protoform

Post by Crazyjabberwock »

Ginrai's Crater

Kaon had managed to knock himself out rather embarrassingly after he had failed to get hold of Ginrai, forgotten amid the scuffle until a retreating SkullCruncher tripped over him, finally allowing Grax to catch up to his wounded partner, looking at Kaon with irritation he yanked at his head to pull her off.

"Come on, at least you're good for something!" he grunted as the link released and shocked her into awareness.

"Gah! That Ginrai Runt is a slippery one... What the Pit happened to you?!" The little decepticon exclaimed as she rushed up to Skullcruncher, immediately getting to work on the wounded Decepticon's field patch.

Archaeological Dig, Surface

If he was still looking outward Perceptor might spot the familiar yellow of Bumblebee's alt mode zooming towards the sight
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Archaeolgical dig, surface

"That's the last of the critical finds," Tap-Out shouted across to his second-in-command, Rotor, who had just stepped out of the habitat/control pod as he exited the storage/lab one. "Come on, we don't have much time!"

Rotor glanced up, surveyed the general area around them. "Heh, you don't say," he muttered to himself. Well, he had rigged the pod to explode if anymech or anything dropped onto it; the blast might not inconvenience one of the bigger units, but it would remove all surface evidence of the team's presence.

Calmly, Rotor then strode to the tunnel mouth, where Tap-Out was waiting impatiently for him, and then the last of the Autobots disappeared underground, heading for the dig proper, where they could collapse the tunnel behind them. It was a pre-arranged protocol if it became vital for their survival, but it would mean that they were, effectively, trapped.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archaeological dig, underground

Lens had rushed into the dig, hurried over to Glyph and Drill, and blurted out the fact that they were under attack.

"Ah, it was going so well," Drill observed. "Thought we might get away with it."

"How did the monsters find out we were here?" Glyph wondered. "Did you see what kind was attacking?"

"No. Didn't wait to find out." Lens shuddered: he was a recording unit; no weapons; armour unsuitable for battle.

"And the others?" Drill asked? "Fossar and Driveshaft?"

"They were ahead of me, but I don't know," Lens admitted. "Thought you'd all need to know we're probably in deep trouble."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: Clogs, can one of your guys notice Bumblebee coming in? I'd like to get the characters rolling towards the dig site.)

(Also OOC: Blackjack's asked me to look after Prime, but I need to give some thought to how I'd like his battle with Megatron to end.)

Battlefield

Hardhead managed not to flinch when Deathsaurus reared back, although truth be told he wasn't entirely sure what he would have done if Ginrai hadn't interfered.

He was glad that he'd hurt the Decepticon's pride with his barb (he, of course, knew exactly who Deathsaurus was, by reputation if not by experience). He was less happy to see the Decepticon transforming theatrically into robot mode and moving with the supreme confidence of an experienced and not particularly rusty war machine.

"My best shot? Are you sure? I wouldn't want to hurt you." Hardhead paused for a moment as if to think. "Oh, wait. Yes, I would."

A new magazine of ammo clanked into place in his main cannon, which pivoted on its shoulder mount and took aim at Deathsaurus's center of mass.

BANGBANGBANGBANG!

A quartet of armour piercing shells fired, their projectiles blazing from Hardhead's barrel at such a rate of speed that the inside had been left glowing red-hot. Long, narrow spikes of depleted uranium screamed towards Deathsaurus at eight times the speed of sound, shedding their sabots in mid-air. A volley like that would punch holes through the hull of a mid-sized star cruiser, and Hardhead was very curious to see if they could penetrate the larger Decepticon's impressive-looking shield. Or, if his foe's reflexes weren't up to snuff, what they would do to his unprotected chest.

As he fired, Hardhead mused that that wasn't even his best shot, not really. But anything more powerful would have been as likely to hurt the nearby Autobot Titan Masters as the gigantic Decepticon, and frankly wouldn't have been very good for Hardhead either. Even firing these shells was putting a serious strain on his back and knees, and would seriously hurt his agility in an up-close fight if the volley didn't dissuade the Decepticon from getting any closer.

(OOC: I'm visualizing Deathsaurus as somewhere around the size of the TR Leader-class guys. Is that right?)
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Archaeological dig, tunnel

Rotor shook his head as he walked behind Tap-Out: this had been a good mission right up to the astrosecond those hulking idiots had decided to fight directly overhead; quiet enough and remote enough. Thought we'd got a break from the war! he grumbled to himself.

"Oh, fraggit!" Tap-Out exclaimed, stopping so suddenly that Rotor, in his distracted introspection, almost collided with him. "I didn't pick up the locator. Did you, Rotor?"

"Hrumph, no," Rotor snorted. "Not going to be any use to us now, is it?"

"Orders were to take it with us if we moved." Tap-Out looked at his SIC and added, "I'm going back for it."

"I don't think we're likely to be here in a half vorn for The Starbow to find, do you?"

Tap-Out could understand Rotor's bitterness. Pits, he shared it himself... There were marauding monsters out there, laired up or fighting for resources, but the dig had been left totally alone. Perhaps, as Glyph had speculated, it was the possibility of being trapped in the valley that had stopped the walking ones and its echo qualities that meant the flying types thought their own engines boded a bigger foe. The team had just slipped in quietly, set up efficiently and kept low - until now.

"I'll be back," Tap-Out said and he ran to the tunnel mouth, gun - for what it was worth - in hand.

Maybe Perceptor is still there to cover me? Or maybe I'll be unnoticed? Primus knows, I'm small enough!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

In Pursuit of Starscream:

Firedrive looked at the image on the V.D.U., then looked at the indicators on Hot Rod's main dash display. "I dunno...."

"I don't know why you're worried. I'M the one taking the risk here."

"Yeah, and if we wreck doing this, it's me that'll get crunched into scrap."

"You know as well as I do that the targeting systems sync better when there's a gunner in place."

"There's gotta be others around here."

"We're here to protect them, not look for volunteers. Besides, I can only carry one passenger. You."

"Don't remind me." Firedrive sighed. "Fine. Just don't get us killed." He disconnected his hands from the ports on Hot Rod's dashboard and touched a couple of controls, then slid down under the dash.
-------------------------

Hot Rod continued his charge, closing the gap slowly as his vehicle mode hood opened and an assembly whirred up, barrels extending, Firedrive seated in the gunner's seat, arms plugged into the photon cannon controls as Hot Rod dials up the power to the turbine to counter the drag caused by the aerodynamic loss.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Dig Site

Optimus turned away from the fusion blast, dodging it but still standing close enough that he suffered a painful burn on his left arm. He didn't see the follow-up railgun blast coming at all, but Megatron's weakened arm betrayed him -- instead of smashing his knee joint, it punched a hole through his right thigh. It was still enough, though, to drop the Autobot leader to one knee.

"I am nothing like you!" Optimus barked defiantly as he fell.

"You're right," Megatron responded, taking careful aim with his fusion blaster. "I am still alive."

That comment kindled a rage inside of Optimus (or was it Diac, or both?) that turned his vision red. He was not going to die here, not today and certainly not at the hands of this psychotic butcher.

The Autobot leader used his one good leg to drive himself forward, dropping his barrage cannon to the ground as he did and taking a two-handed grip on his sword. In one lunge he closed the gap between himself and Megatron (fighting past the gush of flame that erupted from Doomshot's Titan Master vehicle and the armour plating that it melted off) and drove the tip of his blade square into the middle of Megatron's torso. The sword punched through his arch-foe's armour and out the back again before sticking and coming to a stop about half way through.

Megatron let out a pained gurgle, his railgun falling out of his left hand and clattering to the ground. Then both leaders followed suit, their legs falling out from under them as they clattered down in a heap.

Optimus's hands found purchase on the crossguards of his blade, which he started to twist in the hopes of tearing apart Megatron's insides. The Decepticon leader let out another gurgle, but in desperation he brought his right arm down on the blade with a hammer blow that caused it to snap two handspans up from the hilt.

After that, Megatron tried to bring his fusion blaster to bear on the Autobot leader. Prime dropped the broken sword and grabbed Megatron's wrist with one hand, while groping for one of their discarded weapons with the other. He found Megatron's railgun pistol and planted the muzzle under the Decepticon leader's chin at about the same time that Megatron pressed the barrel of the fusion blaster flush up against the part of Optimus's chest that held his spark container and memory cores.

The two leaders' eyes met, and for a moment they just stared at one another. Megatron spoke first. "Do it, Prime! Pull the trigger, if you dare! But know that if you do, my body will be conscious long enough to return the favour. So kill me...if you're willing to kill yourself too!"

Optimus hesitated for a moment. But only for a moment.

"Ridding the world of you is worth any price," he said, his eyes narrowing. His finger started to tighten on the trigger...

And then a titanic ion blast hit the ground where they were grappling, and peals of blue lightning arced over both of the leaders, shutting them down entirely.

Battlefield

The source of the ionic blast was still far away, but loping quickly towards them on all fours. The hunched beast was made up of at least nine distinctly visible components, each of them at least as big as the two faction leaders it had just disabled. It stood five times as high and at least six times as wide as any of the combatants on the battlefield, a clawed, simian-shaped atrocity with crude claws for hands and a whirling, shredding maw of death for a mouth.

(OOC: Think of ROTF Devastator and you won't be far off.)

The creature let out a high-pitched shriek that was half roar of victory, half taunting challenge to the rest of the field. The bellow like steel being torn apart under pressure would have been heard across the entire Sonic Canyons.

Another massive ion blast erupted from the heavy-duty cannon mounted on the creature's back, aimed at the next-biggest threat that it detected among the group -- the cluster of Sixshot, Chromedome and Sentinel Prime. Then it took a couple more bounding paces, covering hundreds of feet at a stride, before launching itself in the air and coming down with a resounding smash atop the Autobots' shuttlecraft.

(OOC: Hein, were you going to move Sixshot while Blackjack's away or should I?)
Crazyjabberwock
Protoform

Enroute to Archeological Dig

After the patch Job Skullcruncher looked better, but was still missing an eye, Nickel engaged onto and they both took a ride on the beast mode, to Grax's Distress. Despite his protests Skullcruncher made no complaining sounds as he used a swimming motion to skim across the surface towards the Dig, where other bots were converging, the visual was such that it looked like Kaon was surfing on the big Croc. Panicking noticeably at the sounds of the feral combiner.

Bumblebee continued towards the Dig as well, but skidded to a stop to look at the sudden appearance of the combiner

"was.. were any of them people you knew?" Sari asked.

"Can't say I'd know... looks like they only got more feral as time went... Can't say I want to know either" Bee responded in a morose tone in Sari's head "we gotta keep moving, We got Cons catching up, can't let them beat us there."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

(OOC: I can move him. I was trying to get into his headspace today. Although the arrival of HOLYMOTHEROFCRAPITSCOMINGTOWARDSME! has me having to rethink what he's going to do.)

Near the Shuttle:

Sixshot narrowed his optics at Chromedome's comment, even as he brought his leg up, deflecting Chromedome's kick as, without looking, he leveled his hypersonic rifle at the charging Sentinel, pulling the trigger. "For someone filled with anger and-"

CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!

"-we appear to have a bigger problem."

Chromedome tore his glare away from Sixshot and stared at the combiner crouched on top of the damaged shuttle. "Fine. I'll fight you later." He snapped up both of his carbines, aimed at the combiner, and opened fire, while Sixshot aimed his other hypersonic rifle at the combiner and fired.

tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Battlefield

Deathsaurus shifted themself behind their shield as Hardhead aimed his cannon, a fraction of a second later the shells found their mark, burying themselves deep within the thick plating. Deathsaurus was safe, but their shield was basically spent, and even absorbing the impact had stripped and cracked much of the gearing inside their elbow and shoulder.

"You certainly don't disappoint, Hardhead!" Deathsaurus bellowed, as their shield mount rotated back and out of the way, "The last time we were hit that hard it was by a building!" Deathsaurus grasped their sword with both hands, "Now ,it's my tu-" Deathsaurus dropped his thought as the combiner took out Optimus and Megatron, and then watched as it leapt onto the shuttle.

So, this is one of the monsters that destroyed our home. How.. disgusting.

They sheathed their sword, drew their rifle, and fired at the combiner's knees.

(OOC: Leader class, yeah. It seems the appropriate size, plus that's what the toy is rumored to be.)
----------------------

Shuttle

Sentinel was already swerving to avoid Sixshot's cannon when the Combiner appeared, causing his swerve to escalated to a high-speed rollover. He crumpled into a heap against some debris and shifted back into robot mode just as the combiner landed on the shuttle.

They punish me for trying to end this blasted war, and then they go and turn my people, my Autobots into these abominations. Unbelievable.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Battlefield

Hardhead had reloaded his cannon, planning to try his luck against Deathsaurus again. But the combiner's arrival obviously changed things. With Prime and Megatron unconscious, it would seemingly be up to the two of them to deal with the gigantic threat.

"A ceasefire would seem prudent," he told his opposite number.

Without waiting for a reply, he transformed to tank mode, Furos landing in his driver's seat. As he rolled towards the combiner's location, he unloaded a magazine of high-explosive shells at the monster's chest. As he did so, he tried not to notice the giant, faded Autobot symbol that he was aiming at. He didn't succeed, any more than he succeeded in forgetting that he actually knew the thing -- it was named Demolition, and he'd lost good friends to it, both in battle and in its creation.

As he drove, Furos opened up a comm channel to Bumblebee. "Give me a status update. And don't worry about being overheard, now. The situation has gotten a bit more urgent."

Then he switched to another channel and called Ginrai. "I know Pyro isn't in there anymore, but do you and...whoever's driving you right now know how to use your battlestation mode?"

As he got closer, Furos realized just how bad their situation really was. Their shuttle was crushed like a tin can, and would never fly again. And both the Ark and the Decepticons' ship would have left orbit by now to avoid attracting the attention of the even larger, more terrible combiners that sometimes patrolled Cybertron's airspace, meaning that they wouldn't be able to call for help. And since the survey team had been dropped off and didn't have a ship of their own, that left both Autobot and Decepticon alike well and truly stuck.

Right now I'll take 'stuck', since the alternative seems to be 'eaten'.

Finally, Furos opened a third channel. This one, he admitted to himself, was a bit of a shot in the dark. "Brainstorm, this is Furos. I read your personnel file on the way in, so I know what got you sent here. You don't happen to have anything in your bag of tricks that could slow down a combiner, do you?"

Shuttle

If the combiner was fazed at all by the weaponsfire that slammed into its thick armour, it didn't seem to show it. Scraps of metal flaked off of its hide, but it was hard to tell if that was due to the damage it was taking, or merely debris being shed as it moved. The creature hopped off of the shuttle's remains, tearing off chunks of debris in each hand as it did so. It hit the ground with a heavy thunk before pitching the debris in its right hand at Chromedome, Sixshot and Sentinel Prime. The latter in particular seemed to have caught the beast's attention, though it was unclear whether it was due to the bright colours...or the fact that it recognized the former Autobot leader and blamed him for it's plight.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Battlefield:

"Battle station mode? You've got one of those? Can we use it?"

"Yes. It's not the prettiest, but it works."

"All right, give me comms. I'll talk to this Furos guy."

After a brief pause, Ginrai's voice filtered down to him. "You're on."

"Ah, good. Nightbeat here, Furos. Ginrai assures me that we can switch to battle station mode. Just tell us where to set up." Nightbeat paused for a moment, thinking. "You haven't come across a foul mouthed drone by any chance, have you?"

---------------
Underground:

Beeping an even fouler stream of epithets than usual, Roller bored along, trying to track his partner.

-----------------
Wrecked Shuttle:

"Isn't this amazing! We get to fight both a crazed murderer AND Sixshot!"

"Remind me to get one of us some time with a mind scan. One of us must be completely nuts."

Chromedome dove to the side, the debris barely missing him as he shoulder rolled away to pop up in a kneeling position, firing both carbines at the combiner's head.

While Chromedome went to the side, Sixshot went up, transforming into gun mode and hovering in the sky, firing on the combiner.

tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Shuttle

Sentinel Prime barely had a chance to react for the chunk of shuttle slammed into him. The way he was built, such a blunt impact wouldn't do much damage, but it still hurt like nobody's business, and even with the strength of a Prime it would take Sentinel some time to make his way out from under the wreckage.

---------------------

Battlefield

Deathsaurus nodded at Hardhead as the latter transformed. "That does seem the reasonable course of action, doesn't it?"

If he can hit that thing like he hit us we may have a chance here.

Deathsaurus opened the comms as he loaded more slugs into his rifle.

"All Decepticons, this is Deathsaurus. As you can no doubt tell, we have bigger problems than our Autobot counterparts right now. We need to take this monster out before it can collapse the dig site or wipe us out. Mindwipe, Starscream, Sixshot and any other flyers, we want you strafing that thing. Keep your distance. Focus on its head. And Mindwipe, we would advise against trying any hypnosis tricks because Primus knows what sort of shape that thing's brain is in. Scourge and Fracas, if you can, try and drag Megatron somewhere a little safer. Everyone else, fan out around that beast and give it Hell."

They pulled their shield, battered though it was, back in front of them, began firing on The Combiner once again.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Outside the Dig Site

Brainstorm sighed softly as he watched the combiner limber around and smash the shuttle the other Autobots had arrived in with a bit if annoyance "This day is just getting worse and worse."

Furos contacting him made him pause for a moment as he remembered the gel he had "I may have an idea. Think you can keep it distracted before pulling it into a wide section of the Sonic Canyons?"

Starscream paused and debated simply abandoning his fellow Decepticons to their fate with the combiner and making a power play on the ship... And it was damn tempting. But he had to stay. If only to make sure Megatron had been offlined before he made his retreat.

Feigning a retreat he soared high before diving and starting to let his missiles rip against the massive lumbering beast.

With a groan of exertion Scourge managed to get to his feet, grunting an affirmative into his comms as he shifted into his alt mode and had Fracas join him in the cockpit as he sped off towards the dueling leaders.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

OOC: This is probably all wrong and I'm sorry but I feel Soundwave regardless of how he currently feels about Megatron would try to spin the whole deal to make the Decepticons look "right" no matter how many hurtles he would have to jump through.

In a studio somewhere in Ployhex

Soundwave sits behind his desk and looks into the camera. As his show is about to start. Once he is cued to he begins to speak in a calm voice.

"Greetings Decepticons. It's Soundwave and this is The War Room and tonight we have a breaking news story that cowardly Optimus Prime is attacking Lord Megatron! This is after Lord Megatron was responding to a distress signal at remote dig site. Most reliable accounts state that the Autobot leader had ambushed Megatron after offered to help the Autobots there after a collapse there trapped 4 Autobots in a cave.
What the Autobots were doing out in the middle of nowhere is the real question. I mean they could be digging up another Titan? We know that Optimus Prime is a warmonger and wants to restart the war because of him and the Autobots that follow him want all the Energon for themselves..."
------------------

Galvatron's private shuttlecraft

Meanwhile on Galvatron's private shuttlecraft heading to Cybertron from the frontier,
while still many days away from the Cybertronian star system. On the ship the Decepticon known as Broadcast was watching Soundwave on a view screen in Galvatron's private starship , Broadcast and his commander Galvatron were coming home. But watching Soundwave's show Broadcast was getting more and more upset until he ripped the view screen off the wall and threw at the door. That is when Galvatron walked in.

"What is all the racket?!" he yelled. Broadcast's rage disappeared when he saw Galvatron.
"It was news from Cybertron. It seems that the Autobots have restarted the war at least that what lying piece of crap Soundwave claimed."
"That isn't surprising." Galvatron replied looking at the smoking remains of the view screen on the floor. "Too bad you destroyed my favorite view screen."
Broadcast looked stunned.
"That was a joke." Galvatron said with a smile on his face.
"Sorry about the view screen but something about Soundwave drives me insane." Broadcast replied. "I just want to rip out his voice box with my bare hands."
"I know it's hard to return to Cybertron and have to play nice with these fools, but for now we need him and once I take the throne I will give you Soundwave's head on a plate until then you will have to bury that rage and keep it in check, otherwise we will be killed." Galvatron said.
"As you command my Lord." Broadcast replied.
"Check our navigation array and make sure we're still on schedule." Galvatron ordered.
Broadcast saluted his commander and headed to the bridge.
Yes, Broadcast or should I say Blaster you will have your revenge on Soundwave once I use his resources to help me claim my destiny as Leader of the Decepticons!
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

[OOC @ Cyberstrike: That's a great first post! I'm looking forward to more Fox News Soundwave.

The rest of Cybertron is as much of a mess as the Canyons are, though. A studio in Polyhex might attract angry combiners, so if that wasn't a part of your plan you may want him to be based on one of the 'Cons' colony worlds instead. Your call.]

Shuttle

Sixshot's gun-mode blast and Starscream's missiles were the only things that even seemed to draw the monstrous combiner's attention. But even they didn't do much more than shake loose some rusted, battered-looking chunks of Demolition's outer armour. It stopped for a moment to glare at the nearby Sixchanger, then started to move towards the pile of debris in which it had buried Sentinel Prime.

It let out another roar, this one almost sounding like a word. But it didn't speak clearly enough for anyone to tell whether it was shouting "PRIME!" or "WHY?" Perhaps both simultaneously. Perhaps even the creature didn't know.

The former Autobot leader was obviously it's main objective, but secondary cannons folded out of its shoulders and began raining streams of laser fire down on Chromedome, Sixshot, Deathsaurus, Hardhead, Starscream and anyone else it had a line of sight on.

Battlefield

"No, I haven't seen any wayward drones. What does it look like? And...wait, Nightbeat?" Furos frowned. The Titan Master wracked his brain, but the name was not familiar. That meant that the person he was talking to wasn't one of his troops.

"Whoever you are, as long as you're riding around in government property you're going to be expected to follow orders. Even if you don't like them. And you probably won't like this one.

"Since you're not one of my people, you're obviously with the dig team. That means you know where the excavation tunnels are. I want you to set up your battlestation there and keep the combiner away at all costs. But first I want you to lead the wounded and noncombatants there and get them safely underground. The wounded and noncombatants from both sides."

He wasn't keen on leading Decepticons -- any Decepticons, even harmless ones -- any closer to their objective, but even war had rules and he couldn't just leave helpless Decepticons out here to die.

"I'd love for all of us to be able to get down there and away from it, but something tells me that the scientists didn't build their tunnels big enough to accommodate Titans. And we didn't bring any digging equipment."

Hardhead loaded another magazine into his cannon, but before he could fire a laser blast sliced through the ground in front of him and he was forced to swerve wide right to avoid being sliced in two. One of the Titan Masters he'd rescued from Deathsaurus's attack wasn't so lucky, getting carved to pieces along with the tankette he was riding.

A scowling Furos called to Deathsaurus, "We need to marshal our firepower on a single point if we want to break through the armour. A joint or some other weak spot. What do you think is our best bet?"

By letting the Decepticon direct their counterattack, he hoped to build up some measure of goodwill that would keep the situation from degrading into another brawl the moment the threat had passed. Because as it was, he doubted his fellow Autobots would be up to much fighting after this...or the Decepticons either, for that matter.

To Brainstorm he said, "I think the creature's attention has been captured. Yell when you're ready and I'll try to send it your way."

And hopefully Sentinel will last long enough to lead him that way.

"Good luck, blah," Mindwipe told Scourge as the other Decepticon departed. Then he returned to beast mode, with Vorath separating and landing inside his cockpit as he took to the sky.

"Your vill be done, Deathsaurus, but vhy? I am expert at mental sciences. Am Wery, wery sure that I could--"

"No," Vorath cut in. "The commander is right. This thing's mind is in no shape to be probed. And it's not even one mind, it's...what, nine, ten of them? Have you ever tried to deal with a brain like that before?"

"No, but vhy not try?"

"We experiment in a lab, under controlled conditions," Vorath told him. "Not in the field where people could die if you mess up."

"Werry vell. Blah." Mindwipe somehow managed to look slumped in defeat even as he flew towards the combiner.
Crazyjabberwock
Protoform

Enroute to Archeological dig
"This is Bumblebee! we can still reach the Dig if you need or we can 180 back to the big guy and help out!" he replied to Furos already peeling out towards the beast at full speed.

"This is Kaon to Megatron we were in pursuit of an autobot scout, do you need our assistance against the Combiner?" he called in attempt to take initiative among the group.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Battlefield:

Hot Rod slid to a stop, jet turbine dropping to an idling hum. "Well, Scrud."

Firedrive unplugged his arms from the gun mount, staring in shock. "What is it?"

"That is a combiner. One of the reasons we no longer can call Cybertron home."

"Great. And what're we supposed to do about it?"

"Simple. Help them fight it, try not to get stepped on."

"Given how fast we are-"

"Speed didn't stop it last time it happened. And this time, there's no medical team nearby to put us into a stasis pod." Hot Rod popped his canopy. "But look at the bright side. The target's so big, you can run the gun mount from the cockpit."

Firedrive scrambled from the gunner's seat back into Hot Rod's cockpit, plugging his arms back into the panel. Hot Rod's canopy slammed shut as his jet turbine howled back to full power, rocketing him back towards the combiner mess.

---------------

"Every time I think I'm out, I get dragged back in. All right, Furos, I'll head for the tunnels. But the only real wounded I'm seeing.........." Nightbeat scowled at the view surrounding him. "...... is Optimus Prime. I'm not sure he'll fit in the trailer."

"He won't. Diac and a good amount of the other pilots will, maybe some of the smaller Titans in vehicle mode, but Optimus is just too big".

"Ginrai's telling me that Optimus won't fit. I'd suggest gathering up all the wounded and dropping them off at the dig, then setting up the battle station in front of Optimus. The dig's fairly well hidden, and if the combiner rolls over us, everybody else won't get flattened."

Ginrai started rolling, heading towards a battered group of Titan masters and their drones.

----------------

Chromedome transformed, Stylor landing in his cockpit as he raced away, dodging the laser fire from the combiner.

Stylor clung to the controls. "What happened? Did you get a sudden attack of common sense?"

"No. We're supposed to keep Sentinel alive, remember? That's our priority, and the combiner's heading towards him."

"Given what that poor pile of wreckage is yelling, it's probably justified."

"Keep him alive first, scale the moral high ground later."

-----------------

"Hang on, Revolver."

Sixshot split into six, three of him remaining in flying gun mode, the other three changing to fighter mode, all six dodging and weaving to avoid he return fire from the combiner, all aiming at it's head and upper body, firing when they have the opportunity.

"I really wish you wouldn't do this, Sixshot-sama. I never know which one I'm in......."