Titans Return: The Game

Don't dream it, be it.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Sonic Canyons

Brainstorm emerged from his alt mode in a nice wide section of the canyon "Affirmative Furos. And if its possible, try to damage a a large vertical line up its middle. Something that makes the two halves liabilities structurally." he added as he quickly pulled out all the magna gel tanks he kept in his subspace.

Brainstorm pulled out some of his equipment and started working on increasing the content of magnetic particles in them, aiming to hypersaturate the medium before applying it in a gambit to increase the power exponentially. He only hoped it wouldn't pull in other bots.

"I must say despute the inherent lack of scientific method and dare I say ethics in your work, you certainly are a joy to watch work."

"Thanks Teslor thats oddly comforting despite the very clear threat to all our lives. Granted as far as my weapons go this is tame. You've never seen me deliberately making things to infuriate the ethics committee."

"And once again you so eloquently remind me why we we're partnered. Well aside from the benefits of combining minds and fuel efficiency.

"I appreciate our partnership as well." he snarked back as he started applying his enhanced gel compound on the walls of the canyons, aiming for a narrow but high concentration line of it directly across from itself on the walls of the canyon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Beneath a Heap of Burning Shuttle

"Hardhead," Sentinel radioed, "I wish to register a complaint about about my bodyguard." The Prime chuckled a bit, and then coughed a bit longer. "That monster looked me right in the optics, and from what I can hear he's heading towards me now. Do you have any advice? I'd prefer not to make a final sacrifice for my Autobots tonight, but I'll do what needs done to end this creature."

------------------------------------------

Battlefield

"If the situation becomes dire enough, Mindwipe, you may try your powers then, but until such a time we will not risk Decepticon life unnecessarily."

Deathsaurus reloaded their rifle and shouted back to Furos, "We've been.. away for some time, so we're afraid we don't have much experience with these combiners! We'd suggest focusing as much fire as possible on its head, but if you have more experience with them we're willing to follow your lead!"

One of the beams from The Combiner's turrets sliced towards Deathsaurus, burning a line up his shield, and when he ran out of shield, slicing through the edge of his left wing, already battered from Hardhead's attack. Too much more of this and flying would become a challenge.

They fired a few more shot's in The Combiner's general direction, still hiding behind their shield, "By the way, Heardhead, my comms-code is gamma-8-7-delta! We'll need to keep in touch if we're going to coordinate!"

In truth, Deathsaurus was on a similar line of thinking as Hardhead. The combiner was very dangerous, to be certain, and an emergency alliance was the best way to handle it. But the interfaction fighting had already been more draining than anticipated, leaving both sides pretty short-handed without their supreme commanders. Cooperating with the Autobots now could open up the door for a compromise when the time came to claim their mutual goal. Minimizing Decepticon casualties would be Deathsaurus's preferred option, even if it meant working with Autobots for the time being. And, if things didn't work out that way, Deathsaurus was confident that between himself, Sixshot, and Starscream, his team could still come out on top if things did come to blows, especially with both Primes seemingly out of commission.

Deathsaurus intercepted a comm meant for the unconscious Megatron, a chain-of-command failsafe system that was, frankly, unreliable. "Kaon, this is Deathsaurus. Megatron has been knocked out of commission. We need you to disengage from your pursuit immediately. If you wish to help Megatron directly, you can assist Scourge in moving our leader somewhere safe. If you want to help more directly, find some safe cover and give that combiner everything you've got."

They swicthed to open comms, "Decepticons, this is Deathsaurus. I'm ordering an emergency ceasefire with the Autobots. Our primary and only target, until it is destroyed, is that combiner. I repeat, your only target, until order otherwise, is the combiner."

They switched back to individual comms, "Scourge, we're currently engaging in some.. tactical generosity, as it were. When you get to Megatron, go ahead and move Optimus to safety as well. If possible, make sure he's disarmed when you do. Generous is not the same as stupid, after all."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Archaeological dig, tunnel mouth

With extreme caution, Tap-Out peered from behind one of the corrugated sound-baffles guarding the tunnel mouth and, after taking a long look round, face-palmed. Perceptor appeared to no longer be close by.

Now, Tap-Out was not a 'bot given to much introspection, but right then he was calculating his chances of survival if he went back out there. True, he had just to dash to the lab pod and grab the locator, then back to the tunnel. He knew he was too small a threat to attract deliberate attention, but that was not to say he could not be flattened by accident or (here he clenched his left fist) he may be autotargeted as a turbocat targets a nanomouse.

He ran for the pod...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archaeological dig, in the tunnel

"Move it," Rotor snapped by way of encouraging the Autobots, Driveshaft and Fossar along. He was pretty sure that the size of the tunnel would offer them some protection from being followed, but major surface impacts could cave it in; the tunnel did not have the plasti-framework set up over the actual dig site.

"Aww, Sarge, we're doing our best," one of the mechs pointed out. "These dollys ain't got no magnalifters."

"But they've got wheels and the trackway is smooth," Rotor countered.

"Yeah, we ain't pushing 'em, Sarge - we're hanging onto 'em!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archaeological dig, underground

"Gather everything," Drill hollered across the dig: no need to be quiet now.

The instruction was moot as most of the team were already recovering their personal toolkits and datapadds. There was no panic. Most of the archaeological team had worked in dangerous offworld locations - many had undertaken rescue digs in the teeth of Decepticon incursions across Cybertron, back in the jour - and they all knew the basic drill.

Recover equiptment. Recover finds. Recover significant data caches. Recover media, if held. Literally, re-cover artefacts still in situ.

At the finds table, Glyph was gathering and rolling up the duplaprints of the site that Lens had been supplying from the first moment they hit the required seam depth. She popped them, in no particular order, into a cylindrical black carry case, patting them down so she could screw the lid in place.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Autobot Command Centre

Through darkness lit only by flashing telltales and monitors over which indistinct shadows leaned, a fem made her way to the Command Hub with a printout. She mounted three steps, leaned in to the mech seated in the chair there, and whispered.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Destroyed Shuttle

Demolition growled as there were suddenly six Sixshots, each one blasting away at his upper body and sending bits of armour falling to the ground below. It grew even angrier, somehow, as it realized that someone was trying to trick it. The combiner reared back and faced the swarm, the giant bladed drum that served as its mouth started to spin, sucking a massive amount of air (and anything in the air nearby) towards its spinning blade trap of a gullet.

For the moment, it had stopped advancing towards Sentinel.

The secondary lasers continued to target anything and everything that they could see, and whether by chance or design one of them lashed out in the direction of Tap-Out once the smaller Autobot stepped out from cover.

"Are you armed with something that can hurt a combiner fifteen times your size?" Furos asked Bumblebee rhetorically. "If not, you may be better off staying where you are. I'm evacuating the wounded and noncombatant members of our crew in your direction as we speak."

He didn't forbid the smaller Autobot from joining the fight, though, because he didn't want to tell another warrior -- small though he was -- that he'd be useless. Bumblebee deserved to be treated with more dignity than that, especially since, if he was being honest with himself, he didn't think he'd be able to do much better himself. Bravery and cunning served better than firepower in situations like this, anyway. Shooting the thing wasn't going to make a damned bit of difference.

When Hot Rod rolled up, Furos felt respect and disgust in equal measure. The former for the Titan, who -- pre being stepped on -- had been one of Hardhead's favourite officers to work with. The latter for his new Titan Master, a shiftless criminal who Furos would have tossed in the brig ages ago if Hot Rod himself hadn't quietly asked him to back off. Thankfully he didn't need to say anything to them, since they were already moving in to attack the creature on their own initiative.

The old soldier pondered Nightbeat's suggestion, but shook his head. As much as he would like to protect Optimus at all costs, he knew that wasn't what his commander would want. "You and Ginrai should concentrate on evacuating the Titan Masters first," he told Nightbeat. "Optimus wouldn't want us to risk their safety to protect him. We can recover him after the combiner is defeated, or once everyone else has made it to safety."

Next Furos spoke to Sentinel and said, "Do you need help digging yourself loose, sir? The sixchanging Decepticon seem to have distracted it for now but that won't last long." He quickly checked the nearby roster of Autobots as he spoke, and flagged a handful of Apex- and Tritrack-type Titan Master vehicles nearby that might be of assistance, but he hesitated to risk them unless absolutely necessary. "And no one else is dying tonight," he added bluntly.

And finally, he replied to Brainstorm: "I'm not sure how much damage we can do to it's armour, but we will do what we can."

Some Titans required their Titan Master's full concentration to keep them operating and on task. Luckily for the very busy Furos, Hardhead was not one of them. As his smaller self busied himself giving orders and making decisions, Hardhead steered himself back on track and used his cannon to fire a line of sticky flares that hit the combiner and drew a line straight up his torso.

"Deathsaurus, one of our engineers seems to think he can hurt the thing if we can weaken the torso laterally. I've illuminated a target line for us to work on."

Then he opened up an Autobot-wide comm channel and said, "Everyone, disengage the Decepticons and concentrate your fire on the combiner. We're going to do our best to bisect it!"

Between the two of them, Hardhead was pretty sure he and Furos had covered everything.

Mindwipe was very careful to stay on the opposite side of Demolition as the creature's mouth started to suck in air. He was also very sure to avoid the laser beams that still lashed out at the airborne Transformers nearby. What he wasn't sure sure to do was fire on the creature -- a few token shots from his tail guns aside -- because frankly there was nothing he could do against an enemy this large anyway. And honestly, he wasn't particularly motivated to go the extra mile when both Vorath and Deathsaurus had shown so little faith in his abilities.

If they vant me to play safe, then play safe I vill.

Vorath noticed his partner's reticence, but considering the scale of the thing they were facing he wasn't all that eager to call him on it.

Kaon's call didn't register with its intended recipient, as Megatron was still completely nonfunctional. Aside from latent electrical charges occasionally jumping between his body and Prime's, he was showing no sign of activity at all.

Doomshot was slowly regaining consciousness, but with his Titan completely offline and his own body wracked by flipped breakers and overloaded subprocessors, it would take a significant amount of time before he could move enough to communicate, or to trigger his emergency disconnects and separate from Megatron's neck socket. Thankfully the interface surge protectors had kicked in, or he would have wound up as badly fried as Megatron had.
Crazyjabberwock
Protoform

Post by Crazyjabberwock »

Formerly Enroute to Archeological Dig
Bumblebee Peeled out towards the Monster, His partner mirroring his determination, they activated their boosters and found some rubble to ramp off of as soon as they were close enough, mid jump they transformed and connected, Bumblebee pulled out his two scout pistoles and combined them together as he climbed atop the combiner beast, looking to get right on the back of its neck or maybe even up into its optics.

"Hey hey, it's just Doctor Bumblebee, just here to put you to sleep, Doesn't have to hurt anymore...." he whispered to keep himself calm, as Sari simply repeated in their head "this is Crazy this is Crazy this is Crazy, keep going...."

Just as Grax ordered Skullcruncher towards the Combiner Kaon demanded they go to Megatron.
"We can't leave our leader to Rot! We'd be no better then Starscream!"

"Listen I don't care if it's the Minicon or the zap chair saying that, we need to take down that walking graveyard first!" Grax retorted rapidly.

"Megatron comes first!"

"AHH SLAG IT! I'll Swing by our "Glorious Leader" on the way over to support the rest of our team! You can Fawn over his unconscious body all you like!" Grax finally relented and ordered Skullcruncher to make tracks towards the unconscious leader, Kaon didn't miss a beat dismounting the croc to safeguard Megatron.

Grax and Skullcruncher rapidly swung over to offer back up to the weapon assault on the Combiner transforming and linking and laying down all the firepower he could on the thing, aiming for any perceivable weak point they could find.

"Come on, if I can nail this sucker in his Gearbox the legs might just give out" he muttered as he took aim for the pelvis.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Archaeological dig, surface

Tap-Out began to run for the nearby pod and found himself unintentionally somersaulting as a laser hit the ground at his very heels; the angle of the strike had skimmed off a piece of the surface layer and lifted him with it. Unfortunately, the piece was about five times his size and continued to rise, carrying him straight for the lab pod.

And, in mid-'yeaargh!' he remembered that Rotor had set the pods to explode...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Battlefield:

"Copy that, Furos," said Nightbeat. "Well, you heard him."

"I am worried about Optimus."

"He'll be fine. This kind of thing seems to happen to him a lot. Titanic battle with Megatron, then new body." Nightbeat frowned slightly. "That being said, this was before this whole Titan thing......"

----------

Ginrai rolled to a halt, the armored ramp that made up his trailer doors dropping to the ground. "All right, Titan Masters, I don't care which side you're on, get in. We're going to try to keep you safe from that combiner."

There was a panicked rush as lots of small feet, drones, and some exo-armor units started for and ran up the ramp.

-------------

Chromedome skidded to a stop behind the smoking wreckage and transformed, leaning in close. "Sentinel!!!! Are you okay?" He started trying to shift a piece of the wreckage.

--------------

Firedrive made some adjustments, and the H.U.D. displayed against Hot Rod's canopy highlighted the sticky flares Hardhead had shot the combiner with. His gaze flicked down to the V.D.U., which was displaying a silhouette of the combiner and estimates of the amount of damage taken.

They didn't look promising.

"It looks like all we're doing is annoying it."

"Then that's what we'll keep on doing. We may not have heavy duty firepower, but there are those on the field who do."

"Want to trade off, then? I'll handle the driving and you run the guns?"

"No, Firedrive."

Hot Rod's double barreled photon cannon tilted up, both cannons roaring as Firedrive pulled the triggers, firing at Demolition.

-------------

The three Sixshot fighter jets had no problems keeping clear of the wind vortex caused by Demolition, swinging around the crazed combiner and firing at it.

The flying guns, not being as maneuverable, struggled to stay out of Demolition's maw.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Sonic Canyons

Brainstorm for the most part was enjoying the quietness of it all. He regretted not bringing a communi-cube to listen to something but he didn't need the additional distraction of music or a blatantly biased decepticon reporter.

Dig Site

Scourge quickly peeled up to the forms of Megatron and Optimus jettisoning Fracas as he transformed and stretched his aching cervos as he evaluated the two leaders

"They aren't dead, regretfully for one of them" he said as he couldn't resist kicking the downed autobot before shifting back "Just heft his carcass onto my frame and I'll get him as a far away as I can stomach touching him."

Starscream was enjoying being able to vent his aggression on the combiner as it was a relatively large target that was more focused on killing those on the ground.

That was just fine by him, the more Megatron loyalists that thing slaughtered the better. As such he ignored the call to focus in a vertical bisection and switched to his null lasers instead, attacking the circuits underneath.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Wreckage

Sentinel winced and coughed as he shifted to try and get a better bearing on his situation. "It sounds like Chromedome is here trying to dig me out. Between the two of us, I'm confident that I can get out of here without additional help. I have no idea what the situation is outside right now, however, so I'm going to rely on your tactical advice as to what I should do once I'm out of here, Hardhead. That creature seems to want me for some Fallen-known reason, so I doubt I can just hang back with the firing line or any such thing."

He called out, "I'm hesitant to say that I'm okay, Chromedome, but I don't think I'm mortally injured! Infinitus has been screaming and crying inside my head ever since the combiner appeared, and I daresay that's worse than the physical pain! I believe I can dig myself out, but if you're in a safe enough position I would appreciate the help!"

-----------------------------------------

Battlefield

Deathsaurus nodded, "We read you, Hardhead."

"Decepticons, this is Deathsaurus. See those flares the Autobots lit up? Target that line. We're going to split this monster in half, lengthways."

"Scourge, Fracas status report on the supreme commanders?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Wreckage:

Chromedome climbed up to the top of the wreckage and peered over, then scrambled back down. "We're safe enough for the moment. Can you move at all?" He hauled a chunk aside and started trying to make his way deeper into the pile of scrap.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Destroyed Shuttle

Demolition felt...something moving up its back, and shook itself like a wet dog trying to toss Bumblebee aside. The motion caused most of Hot Rod's incoming fire to miss, though Skullcruncher managed to shoot it in the hip assembly and cause some damage.

Starscream's null rays kept it from noticing, though. It lunged forward, trying to snap its deadly jaws shut around the Sixshots it had managed to pull in and shred them inside its spinning gullet. However, the weakened hip kept it from closing the distance as quickly as it had hoped, turning certain painful, shredding death into merely the possibility of a painful shredded death.

Furos felt another pang of guilt over ordering Ginrai away from Optimus, but it couldn't be helped. One life wasn't worth the dozens of others who still needed saving. Not even Optimus Prime.

"The situation outside is on the right side of a disaster, Sentinel Prime," he told the Autobot leader, "though only just. The Decepticons are cooperating with us, and Brainstorm seems to think he can weaken the creature if we can lead it into an area that he's preparing with a trap. That's where you come in, assuming you can still fly. As you say, the beast seems to be hell-bent on getting its claws on you."

As Furos spoke, Hardhead fired a series of acid shells at the giant monster, hoping to eat away at the surface of its armour in the target area and make it easier for everyone else to break through.
Crazyjabberwock
Protoform

Demolition's back

Bumblebee jumped up just as he shook, landing on the back of his neck, he grabbed on and unloaded his weapons point blank into any chink he could find in his neck assembly, gritting his teeth and focusing on bringing this thing down ASAP,

Near Shuttle Remains

Grax Cheered and closed in to continue his assault on the combiner "You Combiners Ain't so tough! How's it feel to be 6 kills for the price of one!!!" he cried as he ran forward firing into his leg joints
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Archaeological dig, surface

This is it, thought Tap-Out. Stupid way to die.

...and was catapaulted into the open doorway of the pod.

Behind him, the chunk of surface continued to move, arcing up and over the low-set pod and bouncing away, end-over-end, towards Chromedome's position.

His landing was inelegant and he dinged an arm panel, but a bruise was a lot better than the alternative. Pulling himself upright, he looked around, spotted the dormant locator, which he would need both hands to carry. Holstering his gun, he grabbed the device and started back to the door.

Archaeological dig, tunnel/site

The Autobot guards trying to mech-handle the lead dolly would have managed if the second dolly guards had held on tighter. Now, at a warning cry, they jumped aside and the second dolly went past, accompanied by two yelling figures whose feet were leaving hot drag marks on the tunnel plastifloor.

Rotor pushed through the tangle of limbs and grunted as he broke into a run, followed by the archaeologists, who picked their way a little more politely, with apologies.

"What's that?" Lens jolted round, almost dropping the box he was carrying to the evacuation sled.

"Sound like incoming," Drill noted and began to run for the tunnel, gun appearing in his hand.

Glyph gripped the carry case tightly and her optics narrowed. Fight or flight?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Destroyed Shuttle:

The three flying guns and two of the fighters shimmered out of existence as Sixshoy transformed to tank mode, trading maneuverability for firepower, cutting loose on Demolition's centerline.

------

Hot Rod kept charging forward, hood mounted photon cannons firing away.

------
Wreckage:

Chromedome kept pulling at the wreckage, trying to shift enough to let Sentinel get free, when the shadow fell over him.

"Why's it getting dark?"

"How should I know?"

Chromedome looked back and up, watching as a flipping section of ground came flying towards him. "Oh, SCRAP!" He threw himself into the wreckage, burrowing in towards Sentinel. "Hang on, Sentinel! More debris incoming!"

-------------
Battlefield:

As the stragglers scuttled aboard Ginrai's trailer, a hole opened up nearby, a blue and silver drill drone grinding up through the surface, beeping loudly.

"Yes, yes. I figured I couldn't lose you that easily. Get aboard."

Roller beeped a reply and rolled up the ramp.

"That looks like all of them. I locked down the access panels in the trailer."

"Probably a good idea. Let's get going."

Ginrai shifted into gear, rolling forward, the ramp raising slowly as he headed back towards the dig site.

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Destroyed Shuttle

Demolition wasn't able to shake Bumblebee, but the Minibot's gun fire didn't do much more than sting, even up close. The combiner's armour was simply too thick to pierce with a single sidearm. Still, it was an annoying distraction that kept the monster's full attention away from its intended target for the moment, keeping it from simply bull-rushing Chromedome and Sentinel Prime's location.

Unfortunately for Bumblebee, moving up to the combiner's neck had put him square inside the firing arc of the powerful ion cannon that had taken out Optimus and Megatron. The giant weapon angled downwards to aim at the Autobot, hydraulics whirring loudly as the capacitors charged with a high-pitched hum. If the small Autobot was still in the danger zone once the weapon was ready to fire, he would have almost no chance to avoid the point-blank knockout shot.

As he did that, the combiner shook the leg that Grax had shot, knocking loose some debris that had worked itself into the joint. Then about a dozen of its laser cannons rotated to face the Decepticon who'd dared hurt it, barraging his vicinity with red hot needles of death.

Hardhead fired another blast at the combiner, this time using explosive shells. Although it was hard to tell with so much lead in the air, it seemed like the massed fire from those who were targeting the beast's midline was starting to leave a noticeable scar. How much of one and whether it would be enough for what Brainstorm was planning, though, he didn't know. But the longer they kept the thing occupied, the more time they'd have to work at it.

"Hot Rod," he called out to the other Autobot. "Bumblebee has the right idea, keeping the creature distracted like that. But he's going to get himself killed trying to do it alone. Can you get up there and help him?"
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Shuttle Wreckage

Sentinel Prime reflexively nodded despite the fact that he was on comms, and despite how badly it hurt to nod. "I understand, Hardhead. You just tell me when to go and where to go. As long as everything's still operational, I'm confident that my shuttle mode can outpace that wretched monster."

The remaining scraps of debris seperating Chromedome from Sentinel collapsed when the smaller Autobot jumped into the wreackage. He let out a pained grunt as Chromedome landed on top of him, along with several shards of debris. "Are you alright?", Prime asked, and continued without pausing for a reply, "Hardhead has a plan. Since that combiner seems to be after me, for some reason, I am to lead it into a trap that Brainstorm is devising. That debris that blocked us in behind you should provide sufficient cover until Hardhead gives the signal, and then I'm going to need you to help me shoot my way out of here."
Crazyjabberwock
Protoform

Demolition's back

Bumblebee scrambled atop the Ion cannon and started trying to pry it open, desperate to disable the weapon. pocketing his scout guns to rip open a breach with his bare hands, this rusted amalgamation couldn't have kept the finer plating that intact.

Grax and SKullcruncher transformed and fled the firing zone, trying to get closer and under it, into a position the guns could not reach. Skull snapped at the inner shin of the beast while Grax looked for a crack he could squeeze into or at least a hand to pull on something important.

Megatron's Side

Nickle disengaged from Kaon's body to scan over the damage to Megatron and affect whatever repairs she could.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Wrecked Shuttle:

"Don't worry, Furos. We'll get up there." Hot Rod altered his course, the jet turbine flaring brighter. "Shut down the guns, Firedrive. We're going to have to get a lot closer to that thing and try to help Bumblebee."

"He got himself into it, can't he get himself out?"

"Possibly, but not without getting hurt."

Firedrive shut down the photon cannons, and their retraction into Hot Rod's hood increased his speed. "So how are we...... Oh, no....."

Hot Rod hit a ramp formed by the shuttle's door, flame shooting from the back of the turbine as he flew into the air, transforming to robot mode, flying higher into the air thanks to his boot jets, firing at Demolition's back with his arm mounted laser cannons.

Blackjack

OOC: I'm back.

Post by Blackjack »

Skies

Perceptor blinked. He was hovering above the battlefield perched on his Sky Sled, having rushed on top of it the moment he heard Demolition’s roar and the chaos that followed. It was… it was very unconventional and unprofessional to leave Tap-Out’s crew like that, he knew.

But there was a combiner.

There it was, a living, breathing monument to one of the biggest mistakes Perceptor has ever done.

Nothing bad has ever came out of the pursuit of knowledge. Oh, how utterly stupid he was, so many vorns ago. What could go wrong? Knowledge is good. Science. Facts. Innovation. Improvement.

Oh, how Perceptor would love to invent a time machine, go back to the past and slap his past self in the face, if not for the sheer irresponsibility and the likelihood that an infinite amount of temporal paradoxes and space-time continuum loops would be birthed because of it.

It was his greatest innovation. Unlocking the secret of the fabled Enigma of Combination. The full potential of their race. Multiple minds, melding together into something far greater. What was fable and legend, science had made manifest. Perceptor stood tall, along with the rest of his scientific team. A team that was no more, thanks to the monsters they were responsible for unleashing into the world. Historians millennia in the future would judge them, and they will find him guilty. Guilty for unleashing the beast. Guilty for being weak, for only having the minds to unleash a disaster without the means to corral it.

There, rampaging, was one such disaster. The aptly-named Demolition.

An Autobot. A group of Autobots Perceptor knew. Their minds lost to a maelstrom of madness, from whence there is no return. His creation. His abomination. His child. His monster. His responsibility.

His sin.

His quarry.

As he stood in the air Perceptor had calculated where best to fire. There was no central power core in a combiner, no single spark to extinguish, no single central processor to put a bullet through – that was the beauty. That was the terror. If one component falls, the others will compensate. They were the perfect weapon to end the war. Instruments of destruction. Tools of power plays.

Perceptor transformed into his microscope mode, ejecting Convex, who hopped onto the steering wheel of the Sky Sled. He aimed his microscope cannon downwards. It was a powerful light cannon, modified so Perceptor will never again be helpless to watch his creations run amok and slaughter entire cities. It focused a beam of light and Perceptor launched it down to the central portion of Demolition’s vortex grinder, hoping to disable the combiner’s powerful sucking tool, and hopefully direct the combiner’s attention towards him.

Enough had died because of his creations. Perceptor did not need the soldiers that arrived with him to be added to the list.

The three gun Sixshots are drawn into Demolition’s large, gaping maw, and were shredded. They were hard light projections, of course, but they were also matter at the same time, and they were no more. Fortunately, none of them were the real Sixshot, as he and his two remaining jet-mode doppelgangers split apart and looped around.

Revolver hung on for dear life. “Twenty seconds to the clones dissappearing, Sixshot-sama.” He remarked. Sixshot acknowledged with a grunt, as he put some distance between him and the giant beast.

Sixshot hated combiners.

He hated them, more than anything. They were like him, able to do the work that six or more warriors are capable of. They were forces of destruction, near-unstoppable powerhouses. Yet they were also unlike him. They were mindless forces of destruction. They had no art, no class, no method nor efficiency in the devastation they unleashed. They do battle with each other out of nothing but barbaric rage and bestial instinct. Not for a cause, not for honour, not for the sheer thrill of pitting yourself against someone your equal or your better. None of them. They were animals. Nay, less than animals.

Also, they are really hard to destroy, and are definitely – possibly – stronger than Sixshot if they should do battle one-on-one. Which is also a factor as to why Sixshot hated the combiners. Once in range, the three Sixshots opened fire onto Demolition’s rear legs. “Come on down. You’re not a warrior. You’re not a soldier. You’re nothing but a rabid beast. And I will put you down.”
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Sonic Canyons

Brainstorm had for the most part done all he could in making the opposing walls of this section of the canyon into super magnets that when activated would either tear the combiner in half (Hopefully. It was the best available outcome as at least they could salvage the thing for parts, maybe an a living cybertronian or too,) or at worst bring the section of the canyon down on itself on top of said creature.

"The lack of certainty in the outcome of this is rather frightening"

"I find it exciting. Science is after all very fancy guess work. If it always resulted in predictable repeatable results I most certainly wouldn't have gone into it. Maybe. I might still be making just fancy guns."

"What a lovely massive generalization you've given to an entire field of study"

"You should watch me tell Perceptor that." he snickered "Alright Furos, traps all set here. I'll place a beacon for you to lead it here after you feel you've done a satisfactory amount of damage on its vertical structure." he said dropping a small deployable beacon and jetting up the walls to the top, small activator device clinched and ready to fire.

Dig Site

"They're both alive. But they're out cold. Looks like Doomshot might be coherent, but Megatron and Prime are just dead weight until they kick back on sir." Scourge radio'd back to Deathsaurus as he had Fracas slowly heft the Autobot leader onto his alt mode

"Guy needs to lay off the Energon Goodies and yhe excess armor plating" Fracas griped

"Quit your complaining and get him on. The sooner this autobot is off me the better." Scourge shot back. The veteran could hold his own in a fight but the autobot leader was another story.

Skies

Starscream gave a chuckle at watching the scene of an autobot scaling the back of the combiner when a lovely idea came to mind, what if some friendly fire should just so happen to take him out?~

Looping back and turning sideways he let a volley of missiles off at the Combiners spine, right near where Bumblebee was near.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]