POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

TR Roadburn and Brawn - Both are good, though I like Brawn better. The extra wheel/roof piece forming a shield is a nice touch. Roadburn's leg transformation is pretty involved for such a small figure. My only issue is that the edges of the 5mm hole in Brawn's roof bump into a TM head is I try to make Brawn drive himself around.

I found 2007 movie Barricade at a thrift shop. Except for some paint wear/scuffing, he's in great shape. The spring-loaded punch still works, and he still has the little Frenzy. I just don't know if I'm transforming him right. He's got a few gaps in his chest, which reveal a hollow torso. Putting Frenzy in there helps somewhat, but there's still gaps on the side. I'll have to play with him some more.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

MP-36 Megatron at last! Although the negative feedback considerably lowered my excitement between me actually paying for him on HLJ and finally having him shipped. Which is probably why I haven't felt particularly motivated to transform him yet. Which is fine to be honest, because he's great in robot mode. Thanks to his alternate faces, he's easily the most expressive MP I own. You just can't say no to that "evil laugh" face.

I just wish his stock-flightstand would allow you to pose him at a more level flying position as opposed to the "taking off" angle, especially if you're gonna display him on a high shelf.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Last Knight Barricade Premier Edition
Finally cracked and bought this guy. Saw him on the shelves and thought he looked the best of the first release Movie toys. Vangelus' review sold me. He is a good, fun toy. The robot mode is nice and stocky. I like the sort of motorcycle cop lok he's got going on with his big ol' boots (nicely shaped) and tan pants. I love the 'serve' and 'protect' knuckle dusters. He's decently posable, just lacking a waist swivel. Head is suitbaly fierce looking. Only the huge roof chunk on his back and the wheels on his arms are a bit of a disappointment - I don't mind the roof as you can pop it off and fashion it into a riot shield, but the arm thingies are particularly annoying. Whilst I can't say I miss ROTF style fidgeting, a couple of joints to have these bits fold up out the way would have been awesome. Like the baton, hand gun and gattling thing.

Alt mode is really cool looking, has some nice chunk and bounce to it and I like the brutal looking plough thing on the front. The blue and white colour is nice.

The price is a bit much, but thinking about it, they cost roughly the same as Hasbro's Marvel Legends and SW Black Series which are aiming for a similar demographic, so I can see how the price has been arrived at ("have you seen what the nerds will lay down on 3P stuff they'll drop the minute we put something out?") - but it still sucks to see formerly 'standard' Deluxe Transformers sold at a premium. Maybe we've been spoilt all these years - do Transformers cost significantly more to manufacture than a Spider-Man? The other thing I was thinking, was the way Transformers has been split amongst different age ranges with One-Step and 3-Step Changers and so on, and the 'proper' stuff is now just for adults. Sigh.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Received AOE Voyager Galvatron and Hound from a seller from the Aus Transformers B/S/T group mid way through the week. Which largely completes that theme unless I decide I want Lockdown as well, but it's not that likely.
Destruction is my specialty
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Skysledge & Stormhammer
https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toy ... /157443003

Bit of nostalgia as Smyths had a sale on -- total brick with the only articulation being elbows. Kind of reminds me of the jet one out of Euro Rescue Force plus a generic background technician in a UK comic I'm failing to recall.

I think the squarer one would work better as a futuristic land vehicle rather than a flyer, but the black wings aren't too obtrusive on a dark surface. Would be surprised if many of these stay intact, though, and it wouldn't have been too difficult to add joints on the wings, shoulders, a turning head, etc. so the end result is even more of a statue than many original-era figures whilst simultaneously being a bit too fragile for kids likely to be entertained by it.

https://i.imgur.com/tWaJv88.jpg
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Quite worrying when you consider the TV spits show kids literally smashing them into each other...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

TR Quake - After finding a not very local Walgreens(alas, too late for Brainstorm, but I was welcomed by the peg warming arms of Hot Rod and Twinferno), I found at Walmart a Quake. Multiple Topspins, Kups, and even a couple of Perceptors, but only one Quake. And, as he's just a recolor of Hardhead, there's nothing really new here, although I do quite like the face sculpt. And I'm guessing Walmart's computer systems must be having trouble, because once again, a price check, and then I got him for the holiday season pricing.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Heinrad wrote:And I'm guessing Walmart's computer systems must be having trouble, because once again, a price check, and then I got him for the holiday season pricing.
Seems hit and miss around me. One Walmart on the north side of town is at $9.88. The other is $14.82.

That said, my family will be out of town during Father's Day, so my wife and kids planned a little celebration during Memorial Day. They got me TR Topspin as a nice little gift! Simple, chunky, and quite a bit of fun. Similar, yet different engineering like Triggerhappy (which I enjoy) so I'm really digging him. :)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Another stupidly expensive late Marvel UK special only containing material I already own with no differences:

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/sta ... 4892254209
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Combiner Wars Skywarp
Whilst shopping for some plants in B&M, I saw a lonely CW Skywarp on the shelves and bought him on impulse. F**k me, he's great. Puts both the sad looking Classics Deluxe Seeker mould in the shade and Generations T30 Jetfire. I don't know if I just got a particularly shonky version of Jetfire, but his head was super loose and eventually split apart (yay) and the tolerances were all off, so getting him together was a pain in the ass. Skywarp, on the other hand, works like a dream. I can finally appreciate the clever transformation and engineering. The slight retooling is excellent - love the faux-cokcpit chest and blocky shoulders. The colours look amazing and whilst I'm not mad keen on the head sculpt (it looks a bit windswept when viewed from the side), its good and I like the black eyes (so emo!). He packs some weapons and then some! He lacks Jetfire's rear mounted ...thing, but adds in two masssive arm cannons and you can weapon up the jet mode to look fierce. Jet mode is excellent too, looking suitably swish and swooshable. Right size-class for the Seekers too and gives them the proper update from their G1 days they've always deserved. Easily the most impressive mainline Transformers toy I've picked up since Sky Shadow. I'd even go so far as to say this is better than the MP toy too - it just looks better and plays better. And doesn't feel so much of a cheaply made piece of crap like Jetfire too. Hooray!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So when I was at Collectomania on Saturday (where I met Transformers stars Ernie Hudson and Deep Roy. Plus John Barrowman liked my Geoff Senior/Target: 2006 t-shirt!) I picked up two TF things. I could have got more (MP Grapple and Inferno, Black Shadow), but was a good boy.

First up, Gnaw! What a fun little fellow he is. Exactly what the legends should be, and with a lot of articulation and paint he actually felt worth the price.

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/sta ... 2652638208

And what everyone on twitter and Facebook wanted, a massive canvas print of the UK poster to Transformers The Movie! Close up, the detail isn't great (I guess it's from a scan of a scan), but standing back a bit it look great. Sadly the people running the stall seemed determined to avoid publicity and didn't have a website or card to share and they were too bulky for me to pick up more for anyone else:

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/sta ... 0665732096
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Love your twitter feed, dalek :D On John Barrowman "On an unrelated note, he's really good with the mentally ill"

...I gots another one of them robot toys what I like (and already have a version of)

Beast Wars Transformers Transmetal Waspinator Fox Kids Repaint (i think. its the yellow one anyway)

Man, 21 years old and Beast Wars still kicks ass. The Transmetals are all pretty much awesome (except poor Airrazor (is it two 'r's?) who got the 'this'll do' treatment :( ) and lovely and my favourites, and now I've discovered the additional collecting funtimes of the Fox Kids variants. Some of those are awful (the Blue Rhinox doesn't exactly set my pulse racing) or pointless (the gold repaint of the original Cheetor toy - still yellow mate, Airrazor - again). I wasn't aware of the repaints until about 10 years ago and never paid them much attention, but with anything from the main retail lines I'm interested in at the moment being either non-existent over here or available at hilarious prices online, I've been browsing through days of yore thinking if I'm going to pay slightly over the odds for a Transformer, it'll have to be something a bit more bloody interesting than today's honeycombed guff. So I found this which I paid £13 for, which I thought was fair enough. He's in great shape, with just a few paint chips to the abdomen (underneath, of all places) and oh my god, this thing is just awesome. Waspinator's original toy is a pretty sad looking thing, so his Transmetal toy was always the version I liked most. The main retail release is awesome enough, but how much more fun does this look in proper yellow wasp colours? A lot more. He's bright and cheerful, the daubs of paint picking out various bleepy-boop robot bits are smart , the green wings with black detailing (and his name on in cases he loses one at school) look fab and I like metallic blue bug eyes. The jet mode is still daft and the robot mode is INCREDIBLE. Except for where they painted over the trans-green eyes so the light piping doesn't work.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

inflatable dalek wrote:Sadly the people running the stall seemed determined to avoid publicity
Probably for the best (for them, given the source) -- I've got something similar of this that's blatantly been done from a (slightly better) desktop wallpaper but it suits the state of tech in that universe.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Always liked the look of TM Waspinator (in all its colours) but never owned one. I think it's neat that the toy has a bit of a Starscreamy vibe considering the character's history.

I found a Sawback yesterday. He's not as cool as Fangry or Overkill, but he's certainly better than Apeface. He's probably the only Titan Master so far whose "weapon" mode isn't a joke, on account of being a mostly-decorative shield instead of a gun. He makes a good companion piece for Sentinel Prime colour-wise, and he'll probably make a nice Steeljaw stand-in alongside the upcoming Ramhorn, but I'm not sure I'd recommend him as a standalone.

I don't really care for the head mode, but it is a pretty faithful rendition of the original long-faced Lione head.

[EDIT]Denyer, your link got autocensored out.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cheers for the spot. Given that 1d4 chan riffs off the whole 4 chan thing it's probably for the best (although they're better than a lot of other official 40K resources)... curating things this this for instance;

https://www.reddit.com/r/40kLore/commen ... echanicus/

I'm a bit torn on the Titan Masters that turn into animals since the other modes are so rudimentary... there's not really any fun transformation to do / bear in mind. Like the Ramhorn though.

Takara's take on characters such as Misfire throwing in a targetmaster as well is really nifty and seems worth waiting for.
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

Finally found, Chaos on Velocitron in a Canadian TRU! So hard to find TRU exculsives in Canada!

Best part! He was on double sale! For those of you wondering what a double sale it. It means the store knocks the price down (Was over $150+tax, knocked down to $112+tax), and then I break out a coupon that was right next to the cash, so I paid $106 Canadian total for them!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Transformers Legends LG42 Godbomber
Courtesy of Denyer (thank you sir). Instant novelty straight out the box by actually being able to transform this new version. Robot mode is a lovely collection of boxes and looks pretty good. Arms are mired in necessity of forming armour for God Ginrai, so are fairly feeble flaps, but are still better than the original's. Titanmaster is cool (but is just boringly named 'Headmaster') and I like his hat. Will be looking forward to making the big robot with Super Ginrai. But that wont be tonight, looking at the instruction manual. Box art is funny - he looks like he's yawning.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Titans Return Fortress Maximus

Found the big guy at an Ollie's Bargin Outlet for $40USD. Haven't opened him up yet, as I'm staying at a friend's house for a few days, but I couldn't pass him up at less then the price of a Leader class figure.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

TR Brawn.
Destruction is my specialty
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

TR Blurr - For reasons known only to Hasbro, the larger release of Last Knight figures has included large chunks of the first couple of waves of Titans Return. Either that, or Walmart and TRU are using this as a chance to try to shift older stock. So while I passed on Blurr the first time around, I got him this time. And he's better than I thought he'd be. While he is very blue, it just seems to work. And I'm guessing that they blew the entire line's paint budget on his Titan Master.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642