POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

ganon578 wrote:Why they just didn't mold it in grey is beyond me - there isn't any black on the rest of him!
Maybe the plan was to have the rollbar be black? It was on the original. Though even then, it would make more sense to mold in grey and paint that one part black.

Beachcomber is a figure that I'm of two minds about. He looks like a really nice update of the original, but I'm pretty sure I'd immediately want to paint him green and orange if I bought one.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I love G1 Beachcomber's toy, MagicRat's review is spot on! Maybe its a minibot thing in general, but they're so playable, and as simple as Beachcomber's transformation is, I think its the apex of neat. Its clean, the detail on the buggy is pretty high and as an actual toy he doesn't look immediately like a Transformer.

This PotP's update looks like everything I'd wish a beefed up Beachcomber to be (ideally he'd come with some Beach Boys tunes as a free extra). His G2 glam colours were cool, too.

Its pretty awesome that a Transformer called Beachcomber is still being manufactured and sold in 2017. I would never have bet money on that back in 1985!

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Warcry wrote:Maybe the plan was to have the rollbar be black? It was on the original. Though even then, it would make more sense to mold in grey and paint that one part black.

Beachcomber is a figure that I'm of two minds about. He looks like a really nice update of the original, but I'm pretty sure I'd immediately want to paint him green and orange if I bought one.
That seems like a fair assessment. I didn't even think about the rollbar - never owned the G1 figure. He looked like fun and I used to have the Universe Legion class one (what used to be Legends). He feels like a nice fun update, super quick to go back and forth. You could also just buy two, one to paint and one to leave (just kidding, that's not cost effective in Canada - they're only $10 here in the US).
Auntie Slag wrote:Its clean, the detail on the buggy is pretty high and as an actual toy he doesn't look immediately like a Transformer.

This PotP's update looks like everything I'd wish a beefed up Beachcomber to be (ideally he'd come with some Beach Boys tunes as a free extra). His G2 glam colours were cool, too.

Its pretty awesome that a Transformer called Beachcomber is still being manufactured and sold in 2017. I would never have bet money on that back in 1985!
I took a break from work today to have lunch with my son while my wife was at her staff Christmas party. He played with the buggy mode like nobody's business, like it was just a car. Definitely doesn't strike as a TF right away. The big wheels make him super fun to scoot around.

Looking back at the list of '84 - '86 Minibots, it's also crazy to think that you could have conceivably built an entirely updated set over the past several years! Depending on how you build it, I think Outback and Hubcap are the only missing ones in newer, Classic-y styled figures.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

ganon578 wrote:I took a break from work today to have lunch with my son while my wife was at her staff Christmas party. He played with the buggy mode like nobody's business, like it was just a car. Definitely doesn't strike as a TF right away. The big wheels make him super fun to scoot around.
Wow, yeah I remember that feeling now. Beachcomber was/is just an awesome toy with great wheels. I always thought that made him stand out against the other minibots; and those rubber wheels rather than the hard plastic tread tyres you got on, say, Brawn or Gears, meant he rolled in a smooth, pleasing way.

Proper rubber tyres were awesome. I've just had a flashback to when I opened my Optimus Prime when I was a kid. His tyres even had proper soft rubber tyres with intricate treads. The details, man. That's how you knew you had a Transformer and not a Gobot in your hands!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

ganon578 wrote:He looked like fun and I used to have the Universe Legion class one (what used to be Legends).

I actually need a new Beachcomber because my two year old claimed this one for his own. He was looking at stuff on my shelf and kept asking to play with him because he's blue (no, sorry, "aboooo!"), and just never gave him back.

It's nice to see him enjoying stuff that I like, though! I'm thinking of going through my storage bins and finding some other Legion-sized figures that I'm not using anymore and passing them along as stocking stuffers.
ganon578 wrote:He feels like a nice fun update, super quick to go back and forth. You could also just buy two, one to paint and one to leave (just kidding, that's not cost effective in Canada - they're only $10 here in the US).
Legends aren't too bad price-wise up here. $12.something, anyway. Not too painful if you're looking to make a custom (and I did buy two of Roadburn so I could turn one into Freeway).

I've got no clue where to find paint that would match the shininess of the old vac-metal on G2 Beachcomber, though. Especially since a Michael's opened up in my neighbourhood and subsequently drove the hole-in-the-wall hobby shop with a selection of zillions of model paints out of business.
ganon578 wrote:Looking back at the list of '84 - '86 Minibots, it's also crazy to think that you could have conceivably built an entirely updated set over the past several years! Depending on how you build it, I think Outback and Hubcap are the only missing ones in newer, Classic-y styled figures.
Outback is apparently on the way next year (a redeco of TR Brawn), so we'll be very close to finishing the set. Although there are some that definitely deserve a redo with their own unique molds. Huffer and Warpath first foremost, but also Cliffjumper and Gears honestly.

I'm hoping that the next few years will bring us Legends-sized figures of the likes of Guzzle, Ruckus or Flamefeather, though.
Auntie Slag wrote:Wow, yeah I remember that feeling now. Beachcomber was/is just an awesome toy with great wheels. I always thought that made him stand out against the other minibots; and those rubber wheels rather than the hard plastic tread tyres you got on, say, Brawn or Gears, meant he rolled in a smooth, pleasing way.
I always thought that Beachcomber was one of the coolest Minibots when I was little, too. The alt-mode was nice and unique, which I think helped a lot.
Auntie Slag wrote:Proper rubber tyres were awesome. I've just had a flashback to when I opened my Optimus Prime when I was a kid. His tyres even had proper soft rubber tyres with intricate treads. The details, man. That's how you knew you had a Transformer and not a Gobot in your hands!
I've never gotten the nostalgia that some folks have for die-cast, but rubber tires really do add a lot to a figure. It's a shame that even Masterpiece figures have given up on them.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

RID 2015 Soundwave.

RID 2015 Skysledge and Stormhammer (Skyhammer).

TR Murk with Decepticon Octone.

I purchased these three at separate stores but all on discount.

TLK Hot Rod - I was able to get Hot Rod from a local online retailer during the 'Black Friday' sales as we aren't expected to get him locally. He is probably the cheapest movie figure I've bought from this line.
Destruction is my specialty
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Warcry wrote:I've never gotten the nostalgia that some folks have for die-cast, but rubber tires really do add a lot to a figure. It's a shame that even Masterpiece figures have given up on them.
It also helps that you can take measure to prevent rubber from the usual age-related problems of drying and cracking; there's not really anything you can do to prevent die cast paint from chipping except being super-careful - and that applies to all those clear pastic Autobot car roofs, too.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

So while locked in mortal combat with the hordes of Christmas shoppers(after part of my errands I even contemplated moving into my car in a parking lot rather than deal with the traffic again), the local Wal-Mart surprised me by actually getting new Transformers in. Well, new to somebody. I've already got Krok, Quake, and Triggerhappy, and Generations Targetmaster Cosmos minus the Targetmaster(I've got him with the Targetmaster. Works much better), and lo and behold, mine eyes didst see...... eh.......

Titans Return Seaspray. I have to admit, he's pretty cool, and it's the first time I've ever had Seaspray in any form. I'm just trying to figure out how to get a Titan Master into him.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Heinrad wrote: Titans Return Seaspray. I have to admit, he's pretty cool, and it's the first time I've ever had Seaspray in any form. I'm just trying to figure out how to get a Titan Master into him.
When you've got him in vehicle mode the yellow portion on his back end flips up. You can fight curled up titan master in the empty compartment inside his torso.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

TR Slugslinger: Found this guy at Wally World at random after months of the same old figures. He's a nice little figure and a fine addition to my Decepticon jets. If you've got Misfire there really is nothing new here, but I like him anyways.

TR Kup: Another find at Walmart. I appreciate his alt mode being his old space pick up truck mode and I rather enjoy the transformation back and forth.

PotP Slash: Yet another Walmart find, this time in the stocking stuffers section. She's a cute little thing. Transformation is rather basic but satisfying.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Encore Hoist - I can already see a point of contention with this mold, it's pretty clear to me that Takara didn't really design a lot of the Diaclone car molds with durability in mind. The shoulders are clear plastic! They're blue and a bit foggy so maybe they're more durable than the stuff they use on the car windshields, but probably not. As far as the reissue and this specimen in particular is concerned...the shoulder and lower leg stickers are kind of crap, the former are these big frames that are far too easy to warp and tear, and the glue on the latter must've dried or something because they just fell right off. For what it's worth, you can sort of keep the towing mechanism up by adjusting his wings just the right way so they're keeping it up.

TFC Inferno - there must've been some kind of excess plastic or sprue marks or something but his other foot just wouldn't go flush against his lower leg which means that he stands with a slight backwards slant. I actually took the foot apart to shave some of the plastic off and he now stands a little better. I always thought the white wings attach to the head/ladder assembly but instead they attach to the shoulder struts and they're so tight that I have to un-transform his head in order to get clearance for enough grip to stick them in. Kind of a pain.

I actually held off on buying Inferno for this long because I wanted to get his pal Red Alert first since he was a bit harder to come by - which I finally did last month.

Both of these are also the first time I've owned either mold. I realized that my pre-movie Decepticons were outnumbering the Autobot ones by like 2:1 so I finally decided to do something about that.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Armada Airazor w/ Nightscream
Nice black repaint of the largely unloved Airazor TM mould. It looks very nice done out in the black and grey, with splashes of red and blue. Nightscream is pretty neat, but represents the point where Hasbro just tried too hard to make the Mini-Cons complex. She's a bit of a pain to transform and her arms fall off all the damn time, which is annoying.

RID (2015) Deployers Crazybolt w/ Hammer
B&M have been sitting on these things for the best part of two years now, and they're just not shifting. So like falling for some tear-jerking Yuletide charity appeal, I decided to give a Crazybolt a home. It's an odd looking thing, sort of a lizard thing, I think. Has some limited posability, but looks pretty decent. Hammer is an unfortunate looking robotic chicken - they really should have retained the colours shown on the box art. Has some nice clip on armour, though. The 'deploying' gimmick is pretty feeble, but fun and Crazybolt does have a very nice alt-mode, being a sort of dragster/ funnycar thing. Good fun overall, but really weird looking and not likely to be high on anyone's 'must have' list.

TR Breakaway w/ Throttle
Snapped this guy up before Titans Return gets rinsed out of retailers in favour of POTP and in celebration of his current role in Lost Light; that of a charming bastard. It's not a great figure, tbh. A really half-arsed repaint of TR Chromedome with a new Titan Master. There's paint apps, but they're really poorly done and there's a real feeling of 'that'll do' about the figure. It's a shame, but I guess its the best a C-lister like Getaway was ever going to get.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Skyquake87 wrote:It's a shame, but I guess its the best a C-lister like Getaway was ever going to get.
I feel the need to remind you that luminaries such as Misfire, Doublecross, Lione the Jumpstarters and Shuffler have gotten highly-accurate figures over the last year. :glance:

Even the other blatant money-saving straight repaints in Titans Return like Quake, Krok, Chase or Megatron had a lot more thought put into them than Getaway, who was just a poor fit and poor effort all around.
pati5202
Protoform

solar tracker horizontally mounted slewing drive

Post by pati5202 »

Luoyang Longda Bearing Co., Ltd. is a professional slewing drive since 1999, located in Yiyang bearing industrial park in Luoyang China, Covers ares of 30 acreage, we owns more than 100 staffs and have nearly 60 all kinds bearing manufcturing and testing facilities, LDB company specialized in designing, manufacturing, selling slew drive.

LDB product of slewing drive range from 3 inch to 32 inch, which are widely used in PV, CPV, STP, CSP solar tracking systems and construction applications, such as truck cranes, manlifts, turntables, port machinery, modular vehicles, small wind power systems and satellite communications, heavy load transporters, bridge inspection equipment, telescopic working platform, basket rotator requirements, yacht crane, cement mixer, excavator, etc. We can also provide multiple size of slewing drive and slewing berarings, hydraulic motor & DC Motor to match with slewing drives. Products have been exported to all over the world.

LDB company owns strong technology, advanced processing equipments, complete testing method and perfect after-sales service. We are willing to cooperate with friends all over the world and build a beautiful and bright future together.solar tracker horizontally mounted slewing drive
pati5202
Protoform

China acrylic laser engraving machine factory

Post by pati5202 »

Our History

Jinan Lingdiao Machinery Equipment Co.,Ltd has focused on top quality cnc machine for over 6 years in China. Also has become one of the leading suppliers in the cnc machine industry in world.The Products mainly as follows:
Marble&stone cnc router machine,wood cnc router machine,advertisement cnc router machine,ATC cnc router machine,plasma metal cutting machine,co2 laser engraving&cutting machine,fiber laser marking machine,fiber metal cutting machine etc.

Our Factory

Jinan Lingdiao Machinery Equipment Co.,Ltd is located in the Jinan ,Shandong,China. As a global supplier in the cnc machine, our company is famous around all over the world with LD Brand,LD Company is to create added value for customers around the world.

Our Product

Jinan Lingdiao Machine Equipment Co.,Ltd Products includes the following:
1, Stone&Marble CNC Router Machine
2, Wood CNC Router Machine
3,ATC CNC Router Machine
4.Advertisement CNC Router Machine
5.Metal Mold Engraving Machine
6.Styrofoam CNC Engraving Machine
7.Plasma Metal Cutting Machine
8.Fiber Metal Laser Cutting Machine
9.CO2 Laser Engraving&Cutting Machine
10.Fiber Laser Marking Machine etc.
We supply cnc machine products all over the globe to a wide range of companies worldwide, ranging from large multinational organizations to small individual companies.

Product Application

1. Stone&Marble CNC Router Machine:Marble, granite, sandstone, brick, Glass
and ceramic tile craftworks,Gravestone engraving, monument engraving,stone engraving&milling work.
2.Wood CNC Router Machine:Wood door,furniture,Acrylic sheet, abs double color sheet, PVC foam sheet, wooden sheet, scagliola,PCB, granite, stone, steel and soft metal etc.
3.ATC CNC RouterMachine:widely used for production of cabinet door, solid wooden,door,
computer desk,assembling furniture, and large area and mass engraving,MDF and HDF, wood board, plane cutting, 3D embossment and so on
4.Advertisement CNC Router Machine:Advertising board,Label design,Acrylic cutting,model, of the multi material decoration products.engraving on plastic board PVC materials, wood board etc.
5.Metal Mold Engraving Machine:Mould for small and medium vehicle parts,Pressing mould,High-frequency mould ,Carbon steel, stainless steel, Red copper electrode, aluminum and other metal materials; Woodiness material, aluminous model board, plastic board, PVC,acrylic, double color boards, density board, crystal etc.
6.Styrofoam CNC EngravingMachine:mould Industry, automobile, electric appliances,
instruments, household appliances, communications and military industry, etc
7.Plasma Metal Cutting Machine: iron, aluminum, galvanized sheet, white sheet,
titanium plate and other metal plates cutting work.
8.Fiber Metal Laser Cutting Machine:cutting carbon steel, silicon steel, stainless steel, aluminum alloy, titanium alloy,galvanized steel sheet, pickling board, aluminum zinc plate, copper and many kinds of metal materials cutting and so on
9.CO2 Laser Engraving&Cutting Machine: Engraving and cutting Acrylic ,Cloth, tile, cardboard, paper, leather, PU leather, logo embroidery, plastic, rubber, wood,Leather animals, shells, double color boards, bamboo,ABS board, PVC board, fiber and composite materials and other non-metallic material
10.Fiber Laser Marking Machine:engrave and mark on the surface of many metal and non-metallic ,widely used in the marking of below area :industrial bearings,gear,various automobile components,hardware tools,aerospace components,IC chip,computer accessories,watch,electronic and communication products,wire and cable,food package,jewelry etc.

Our Certificate

We always feel that all success of our company is directly related to the quality of the products we offer. They meet the highest quality requirements as stipulated in ISO9001, ISO14000:14001 SGS CEguidelines and our stringent quality control system.

Production Market

We have customers from both domestic market and oversea market. Jinan Lingdiao Machinery Equipment Co Sales managers can speak fluent English for good communication. Our main sales market:
North America 20.00%
Mid East 18%
Eastern Europe 12.00%
Western Europe 10%
South America 10%
Africa 6%
Southeast Asia 4%
Eastern Asia 5%

Our service

Besides our existing molded products, XXX also can produce polyurethane products according to the drawings or samples from our customers.
1.LD CNC machine work size and appearance can be customized according to customer requirements
2.Can provide products OEM service
3.Control the product quality critically for every step during the manufacturing
4.After-Sales Service Team can keep 24 Hours online and reply to you timely.China acrylic laser engraving machine factory
pati5202
Protoform

PE-STEEL ADAPTER factory

Post by pati5202 »

Ningbo Lianda Plastic Pipe Co.,Ltd is one of the leading China elbow pe-steel adapter manufacturers, welcome to wholesale cheap elbow pe-steel adapter from our factory.

Bend PE-Steel adapter
Item NO.SpecificationPE-D1STEEL-D2ABC
GJP022725×3/4″2527810410107
GJP032732×3/4″3227810410107
GJP033432×1″3234810450107
GJP043440×1″4034810450111
GJP044240×11/4″4042810450111
GJP044540×11/2″4045810450111
GJP053450×1″5034810450122
GJP054250×11/4″5042810450122
GJP054850×11/2″5048810470122
GJP063463×1″6334810450118
GJP064263×11/4″6342810450118
GJP064863×11/2″6348810470118
GJP065763×2″6357810480120
GJP066063×2″6360810480120PE-STEEL ADAPTER factory
pati5202
Protoform

China IEC Standard Motor

Post by pati5202 »

Center Height of Frame: H355~H450mm
Rated Output Power: 180kW~900kW
Rated Voltage, Frequency: 380V, 50Hz (can be customized)
Protection Level: IP54,IP55
Thermal Class: 155 (F)
Cooling: IC411
Low Voltage High Power series electric motor is a cage type three phase induction electric motor with ingle speed, enclosure and Self-cooled, continuous working duty for general purpose. It adopts advanced foreign technologyand is made with top domestic new material by a new process. Its Mounting size and power grade conform to IEC standard. The motor has features of compact structure, small volume, light weight, reliable operation, strong structure and nice appearance. The motor can drive all kinds of general machinery, such as pump, fan blower, compressor, coal mill and transporter.China IEC Standard Motor
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

TR Roadburn
TR Decepticon Hazard & Blitzwing

Bought both during TRU's Christmas sale.
Destruction is my specialty
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

Hee-Hee

I went Christmas shopping, didn't find the bot I wanted, but I did find something else!

Power Of the Primes!

Dreadwind
Beachcomber
Dinobot Swoop
Dinobot Slag
Dinobot Slash

I couldn't pass on RID Blurr!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Warcry wrote:I feel the need to remind you that luminaries such as Misfire, Doublecross, Lione the Jumpstarters and Shuffler have gotten highly-accurate figures over the last year. :glance:

Even the other blatant money-saving straight repaints in Titans Return like Quake, Krok, Chase or Megatron had a lot more thought put into them than Getaway, who was just a poor fit and poor effort all around.
Except for all them!

I guess when it comes to recolours, the designers can be more bothered with others compared to some...?