Ready for the Super Bowl?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jim

Ready for the Super Bowl?

Post by Jim »

As a born and raised Philadelphian, I'm pulling for the Eagles to win it all next Sunday. I remember pulling for them here on this forum 13 years ago... This has to be the time, right? :o

Of course, if the Eagles win the Super Bowl, the post-game rioting might be a lot worse than when the Phillies won the World Series in 2008 - now that will be a huge mess to clean up. :|

Anyone making big plans for the Super Bowl? It has always been that unofficial holiday of beer, wings, and pizza. If anything, I swear people seem happier that day than on Christmas. :lol:
Hound

Post by Hound »

Sir, you have forgotten to mention nachos and so are shamed...
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hound wrote:Sir, you have forgotten to mention nachos and so are shamed...
I've not done anything more than various chips for the Super Bowl. :cool:
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm all for Superbowls. Our party is ready...

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Our Super Bowl party consisted of eating dinner with the kids while the game was on, then hanging out in the living room and watching it all transpire. Great game all around, and ultimately we didn't really care who came out on top.

As much of a 'demon' as he is for most people outside the Patriots fan base, I have a soft spot for Tom Brady. Our family had season tickets to Michigan while he played there and split time with Drew Henson, so I watched him play live several times in college. Building on the already impressive resume at 40 years old would have been cool, but I was just as happy to see Philly win for the first time ever, in splendid fashion against a dynasty.

Philly winning also gives me hope that someday... just someday the Lions could win a Super Bowl (or let's be honest, just MAKE IT THERE).
oneagainstall
Protoform

Post by oneagainstall »

Yes, of course!