Bumblebee movie discussion!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Clay

Bumblebee movie discussion!

Post by Clay »

First footage of the Bumblebee movie shown at some convention.

Apparently it's shaping up to be better than the Bay stuff?
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

New trailer is out. Looks pretty good so far!

Bumblebee Movie

Pumped about that jet in the middle!!!
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

That don't look too bad if I'm honest. I like the smaller scale (and bees design is quite nice too)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Genuinely surprised at the Bernie Mac voiceover and emphasis on it being The Beginning, I'd assumed it'd be carefully promoted and made so if it was an unexpected hit it and sequels could fit into the planned reboot. Instead it looks like TF6 hasn't been outright cancelled, they're waiting to see how this does before making a decision.

Also surprised there's no hint of when it's set, was expecting them to milk the Stranger Things vibe (they could have played Don't Stop Bee-leaving at least).

Looks fun and the much needed scaling back the series needed.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I watched this trailer twice last night and had a genuine tear in my eye. I was a big fan of all five Bay films, even at their dumbest I enjoyed the action and spectacle, and I stand by my assertions that there is a lot more heart and thought to those films than people give them credit for.

That said, I am very fond of the idea of a smaller, sweeter little story akin to the first film. Bee looks like a really cute cross between his classic cartoon design and the modern look, the relationship with the human looks sweet and I'm all for it.

Cor, you know what? I bloody love transformers.
I like bears.
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yeah, it seems to be a smaller scale version of the 2007 movie. Teenager meets transforming car, then larger conflict with decepticons and an antagonistic human group. It works.

[cautious optimism]
starlord wrote:I have you guys seen this article.

https://www.inquisitr.com/4928978/first ... ch+Results
Oh, people like that need to **** right off. Transformers was never meant to be a period piece. Everything's either been set in the present day (whenever that is at the time of production) or in the future*. Bumblebee wasn't a Beetle in the 2007 movie because VW said no. Etc, etc.

*Beast Wars is in the future, in the past.
**Hearts of Steel was a period piece, come to think of it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdozZ-8PONY

The main figure for the film isn't bad at all, surprised the yellow works. Replace the head (or even just paint the alt head) and it's not a terrible update on the original either.
Clay

Post by Clay »

MPM7 Bumblebee.... IN MOTION.

Also, MPM7 is Bumblebee. Also also, this is awesome.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Neat! The VW look is growing on me more and more and this figure looks amazing. Top video too :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

New trailer. I... am actually growing cautiously optimistic about this.

ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Yeah, me too. I've watched the two new trailers a few times, and I'm starting to get hyped. Whole lot of goodness in there, especially with the designs on Cybertron.

Here's apparently trailer #2:

Trailer #2

At the same time, I really don't want to be let down. Again.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'm surprised they've gone for such '80s designs....they look a bit like they've stumbled in from something else. Other than that, looks like it'll be a pretty decent film.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

hi guys, not been on here in ages, btw there's an international trailer(trailer 3) in which btw in the background you can see....albeit a rather blurry image.....of Wheeljack and Arcee
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachmen ... .28088353/
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

hi guys, not been on here in ages, btw there's an international trailer(trailer 3) in which btw in the background you can see....albeit a rather blurry image.....of Wheeljack and Arcee
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachmen ... .28088353/
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Tentatively impressed. The smaller scale should make for a better film (although it could be small but still dumb like the awful Turtles movie) and I think the designs are much improved while not throwing away the overall style of the movies. Much as I wasnt keen on the movies they are the mainstream version of the TF for the last 10 years so a complete overhaul would have been a mistake IMO.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yep, this could work. TBH scaling things back was something that should have been done for AOE rather than this need to get bigger and sillier every film, resulting in the genuine turd of TLK. This goes for cheap shots galore with its' High Noon character models and Stranger Things 180g Vinyl Vaporwave view of the eighties but **** it, I'm in.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

btw i've actually seen the film, yeah i thought it was very good

the Cybertron scenes are very FOC/WFC like
SPOILER! (select to read)
although unlike people originally were speculating!
all the Cybertron scenes are NOT at the start of the movie!
the Soundwave/Ravage scene happens much later on
the 80's music is kinda laid on thick throughout the film and makes it feel more Grand Theft Auto rather than a Transformers film.
SPOILER! (select to read)
btw on a barren planet or moon somewhere! you do see Cliffjumper! but unfortunately he gets cut in half by Dropkick.
Blitzwing isn't in it for long!
most of his scenes were in the international trailer! and Bee kills him! so he doesn't even get a long enough screentime to scan a 2nd alt tank mode. Bee first crashes on earth in a wooded area next to John Cena, where he runs and scans a yellow jeep in which he briefly transforms into(pity we're not getting a toy of that). one glaring omission from the film that we kinda thought was gonna happen was Barricade's appearance! unfortunately he isn't in the film(even though we got a toy) & NO! that police car in the tunnel that Bee jumps on the bonnet isn't him either! there's a scene near the end and in the international trailer where people were speculating that the helicopter that Bee brings down with a chain is Dropkick! well...unfortunately! they're right!
so we did get to see his death in that trailer! much like Canopy's in TLK trailer. at the end (and in the trailer) we get to see Bee on a cliff near the Golden Gate Bridge,
he scans an older model Camaro(the one you see all beaten up in the 2007 film! but this one's pristine). before the end credits you see Camaro Bee driving on the bridge next to an exact replica of G1 Optimus Prime vehicle mode(probably a vehicle he'll scan if an Optimus Prime movie ever happens).
Clay

Post by Clay »

Saw it today, was delightful.
Fenris
Protoform

Post by Fenris »

Saw it yesterday.Have to agree.It was unexpectedly good.Not a masterpiece but something i could call without a doubt a good movie.

Wish it didn't take 11 years to get to this point.