TOY REVIEW CLAIMS THREAD

Working area for reviews.

Moderators: Skyquake87, ganon578

ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Now that I've gotten through Swoop and Slag, I'll be adding to my list after I finish Dreadwind:

Studio Series Starscream (for something a little different)
PotP Darkwing
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Siege Sideswipe :)
Skyquake87
Protoform

Re: TOY REVIEW CLAIMS THREAD

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'll have a go with Cordon next :)
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Right, I've done Siege Hound. My plan is to tackle the whole first wave, so I'll do Ultra Magnus and then (in no particular order) Flywheels, Shockwave, Megatron, Cog, Optimus and the two Battlemasters and 3 sets of Micromasters.

That post up there reminds me I still need to do pictures for Cordon. But that means I'll have to transform him again *sets aside a full day*
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Cor, that was fun. I liked writing about them there Siege toys. Because they've all largely been great.

Thought I'd dip back into the unloved world of The Last Knight, seeing as I picked up a bunch of figures on clearance last year and have things to say about them. So, I'll start with Berserker, Crosshairs, Drift, Bumblebee & Strafe.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I can't remember what or when I did a review last, so I'll give a shot at Earthrise Starscream.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'll do Last Knight Nitro and Voyager Megatron next. Then Siege Redwing & SoundBlaster.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'll have a go at Siege Barricade next!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'm in the mood for some RID15, so let's start with Soundwave, then move onto Skywarp and Bludgeon
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I've also reviewed RID Scorponok! Not sure what to do next. POTP Terrorcons, maybe...?

Change of plan (mainly because I haven't got anything out of storage), Hammerbyte's next!
Civ

Post by Civ »

Is there a need or want for 3rd party toy reviews? Over half of my collection consists of 3rd party, so I was wondering if I could be of service.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Civ wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:35 pm Is there a need or want for 3rd party toy reviews? Over half of my collection consists of 3rd party, so I was wondering if I could be of service.
I would encourage it if you're willing :glance:
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Third party reviews would be great! There's not a huge amount of 3P talk here but I think that's mostly because the sheer volume of it is a bit overwhelming for most of us fogeys. I know I'd like to see reviews just so I'd get a better idea of what's out there.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I'd like to see 3P reviews. Do you have multiple figures of the same character so you could do a compare/contrast?
Civ

Post by Civ »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:55 pmI would encourage it if you're willing :glance:
I have a closet full of 3rd-party figures. Are there any requests?

StoneCold Skywarp

Civ wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:46 pm I have a closet full of 3rd-party figures. Are there any requests?
Tantrum wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:21 pm I'd like to see 3P reviews. Do you have multiple figures of the same character so you could do a compare/contrast?
Warcry wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:07 pm Third party reviews would be great! There's not a huge amount of 3P talk here but I think that's mostly because the sheer volume of it is a bit overwhelming for most of us fogeys. I know I'd like to see reviews just so I'd get a better idea of what's out there.
Looks that way to me :D
Civ

Post by Civ »

And I totally missed those posts until SCSW quoted them because Photobucket is being finicky with displaying my pictures.
Tantrum wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:21 pm I'd like to see 3P reviews. Do you have multiple figures of the same character so you could do a compare/contrast?
Oh yes! From most to least: Trailbreaker, Gears, Sunstreaker, Omega Supreme, Huffer, Ironhide, and Jazz.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Apologies for the double post, but just so I have a fun project to work on, would anyone object if started with Master Race SDT-03 Apollo? As Clay put it, he's the chonky, little Omega Supreme.
StoneCold Skywarp

Civ wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:00 pm As Clay put it, he's the chonky, little Omega Supreme.
Go for it!
Civ

Post by Civ »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:02 pmGo for it!
Sir, yes, sir. Weekend project, it is.

EDIT: Actually, let's get a priority list going here. After I do Chonky Supreme, what do people want me to review next. Please see the above photos and pick whatever is more than meets the eye.