POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Re: POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Post by Skyquake87 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:05 pm

Cybertron Hot Shot
Hooray! Finally managed to pick up a replacement for the one I sold off. WHat a cracking toy this is. It's massive for a Deluxe, the plastics are nice and weighty. He has a silly gimmick (flip out wings! big whoop) and lovely colours. One of the finest Deluxe Transformers ever ever ever. Ever.

Clay

Post by Clay » Wed May 20, 2020 9:24 pm

Skyquake87 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:05 pm
Cybertron Hot Shot
Hooray! Finally managed to pick up a replacement for the one I sold off. WHat a cracking toy this is. It's massive for a Deluxe, the plastics are nice and weighty. He has a silly gimmick (flip out wings! big whoop) and lovely colours. One of the finest Deluxe Transformers ever ever ever. Ever.
Car or APC?

Warcry

Post by Warcry » Thu May 21, 2020 5:01 am

He mentioned flip-out wings, so I'm assuming car?

I love that mold...the articulation is a bit clunky by modern standards but the thing looks great in both modes. The Getaway version is pretty cool but nothing can beat Cybertron Hot Shot's colours!

(Now watch him having been talking about the APC so I look silly! :) )

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:00 am

It is the car version, yes. I've been after one for a while now, so I'm glad to have him again. It's quite hard picking up Unicron Trilogy stuff over here now. Even at TFNation, the bins dealers had were largely full of Movie-era stuff and not much else.

Speaking of Unicron trilogy stuff, I've always wanted Cybertron Deluxe Red Alert. Never been able to find one, so settled for Movie Allspark Power Crankcase. He's a great little figure (and he is quite little, barely taller than a Cybertron Scout class figure). The legs are just hilarious. They're so huge, as they're formed out of the front and back of the vehicle. His arms just pop out from behind the doors and he's got a couple of tools he can clamp on his left arm - a hammer or a claw (which are stored in his shins). He's such fun and the vehicle mode is also quite nice. Although I don't know what kind of Hazmat this vehicle would be carrying.

Studio Series 60 Scrapper
This was a nice surprise, as I wasn't expecting him to show up until later in the year. He's a a really horrible looking lanky snot goblin, with a big clawed panel for one hand, and a pincer grabber thing for the other. I really like his tiny head and scrunched up face, like he's having a sulk. The transformation is superb and I love the payloader mode. It might be the new toy wow factor, but I think this might be my favourite out of the movie Constructicons. 7 down. 1 to go. Exciting!

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad » Sat May 23, 2020 8:58 pm

LET’S HEAR IT FOR EBAY!!!!

Titans Return Voyager G2 Laser Rod Optimus Prime... can this title get any longer? - So yes, I got the G2 deco of the Voyager TR Optimus Prime, and while the jet mode is questionable no matter which deco you use, I love the truck mode deco. The big G2 style stickering on the tanker trailer is great, the G2 Autobot emblems on the trailer are sadly hidden(I didn’t realize they were there until I was transforming the figure), and I just like the looks of the figure.

That being said, as everybody knows, the figure’s not perfect. The flight mode is terrible and Op with wings is strange(emGo’s pizza bagels joke notwithstanding), but it does one thing that I really like: Optimus has his sword sheathed because there’s nowhere else I can stick the bloody thing. The ‘antenna’ look stupid, although my complaint with them is the gap. If they fit tight to the sides of the head, it might not be so bad. One thing I hadn’t noticed in any reviews, however, is the feet. I’ve got his feet at a slight angle, one forward and to the left, the other back and twisted slightly to the right, because the feet are too small. Either that or he’s supposed to be rocked back on his heels all the time.

All in all, I like it. I do wish they’d put G2 emblems on his shoulders, though.

HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms » Sun May 24, 2020 5:11 am

Cyberverse Stealth Force Hot Rod.

Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks - Bought this from a seller from a Australian Transformers B/S/T Facebook page.