If you're having problems logging in, post in here and we'll try to help you

You can post in here as a guest.
Denyer
Custom Title: Shooty Dog Thing

Re: If you're having problems logging in, post in here and we'll try to help you

Post by Denyer » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:46 am

Case shouldn't matter with the CAPTCHA.

Will try to look into things after work tomorrow.

Denyer

Re: If you're having problems logging in, post in here and we'll try to help you

Post by Denyer » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:53 am

I've just tested and the forum's able to send email and I've received the test -- the trouble is a lot of email providers tend to block forum notifications by default. If you've got the option of whitelisting tfarchive AT gmail DOT com it's worth a try, but I'm not sure Cox would give the option.

Anyway, I've just set a new password and emailed it to the address in your profile. Try that.

Denyer

Post by Denyer » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:57 am

I've just had a bounce from cox.net saying that the mailbox doesn't exist, which would explain why nothing was getting through. Did you change the email address at all?

Tantrum_

Post by Tantrum_ » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:56 pm

Same e-mail address. The auto password reset e-mails came through OK. They just didn't work. It's cox.net, not cox.com. I've had that mistake before.

Also, is "Tantrum" currently logged in, and is that the problem? I don't remember logging out, or clearing cookies, so the stay logged in option should still be active.

TantrumAgain

Post by TantrumAgain » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:26 pm

I partially figured out what's wrong. The e-mail I was using to receive my password resets was associated with another account I had, Isaac Hill. So, I was trying to login with Tantrum's name and Isaac Hill's reset password, which obviously wouldn't work.

So, I tried logging in as Isaac Hill with the reset password. It still didn't work.

Also, I tried the only other non-work e-mail address I have to see if I'd get a password for Tantrum, and no e-mail.

Warcry

Post by Warcry » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:02 pm

Does the email that actually works have a '2' right before the @? Looking at your two accounts, the emails on file are the same except for the 2.

Tantrum_

Post by Tantrum_ » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:17 pm

I use the e-mail without the 2. I didn't even remember having the one with the 2 until reading your post. I must've set that up Isaac Hill with my regular e-mail address, forgot that password, then tried to set up Tantrum and created the e-mail address with the 2 because the forum won't allow two accounts with the same e-mail address. I probably never used the 2 address again, my ISP deactivated it, which is why Denyer got an undeliverable message.

Warcry

Post by Warcry » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:25 pm

That makes sense! The Isaac Hill account is a few years older than Tantrum. And since you use that name on other forums -- last month you showed off your TFW Lego customs thread under that name -- I don't think there's any doubt that it's you.

Denyer, any objections to sending a new password to the other email?

Denyer

Post by Denyer » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Goferit. :up:

Sorry, been bouncing between things today and didn't spot replies. Hopefully next week will be quieter.

We can sort the email thing out as well.

Warcry

Post by Warcry » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:39 pm

Alright, I've reset the password and send it off in an email. Hopefully that works!

Tantrum, if you'd like I should also be able to swap the emails so that your active account has the one you use, and the Isaac Hill one has the one with a "2".

Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:51 pm

I was able to swap the e-mails myself, so I'm all set. Thanks, guys.