New UK Transformers comic | UPDATE: interview, details from SF blog

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I expect my boys will want the comics, reprints and all, but that's all to the good since I imagine I'll buy and keep a run if at all possible.

Just want to know the date the first issue comes out!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

My super spies tell me July 19th.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Thanks. I'll have a word at the comic emporium and give them that date. Otherwise it'll have to be W H Smith.

:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2007/0 ... ript-wrap/
Another script done and dusted, another blog entry. Well, why not? This time around it’s Transformers (UK) #4, a 10-page (movie continuity) story focusing on the Decepticon Devastator. For those of you not up to speed on the all-new TFUK (comic/magazine), the first issue hits UK newsstands on July 19th, and contains a mix of new strip, reprint strip (movie Prequel and more) and features (not to mention FREE Transformers dog tags!). Artists so far confirmed include Geoff Senior, Andrew Wildman and Nick Roche. So, anyway, issue #4. Issues #1-6 all feature largely self-contained, character-led stories which are laced into the IDW Movie Prequel storyline. The six one-shots have a linking ongoing theme, something along the (framework) lines of Aspects of Evil or Perchance to Dream (two UK b&w stories from the late 80s/early 90s). Issues #3-6 are much less tied to the main (Prequel) storyline, the characters involved sidetracked somewhat and given a chance to shine (or behave badly) solo (or mostly solo). We deliberately, in these latter four issues particularly, went for characters not featured heavily (or at all) in the Prequel (hence Devastator). The story? Well, I won’t go into it here (these are teasers not spoilers), but suffice it to say we really do see why he’s called Devastator. As for the art, well, if you’ve been following Dreamwave/IDW comics for the past few years, you won’t be disappointed. Nuff said.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's also in the latest MDB... not much on it at all, though it will be £2.60 - sadly won't raise much interest from indies with the poor exposure... Oddly, it's been grouped with the Beano, ATOM et al. in the Young Boys section (as opposed to the Teen Boys, with the Collector's Editions et al.), hopefully not an indication of the style...
inflatable dalek

That's not as odd as Smith's insistance on sticking Doctor Who Adventures next to DWM in the grown ups section just below lots of mags with half naked ladies on them.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
That's not as odd as Smith's insistance on sticking Doctor Who Adventures next to DWM in the grown ups section just below lots of mags with half naked ladies on them.

I dunno, I do that, on the grounds that most of the people buying the thing are 25+...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

:o :o :o

Even my seven year-old can get an eye- full at Smiths when he's checking the Doctor Who Adventures. There have been wolf whistles - unfortunately, he's just learnt how to do those....

We now buy the Dr Who from Tesco. Much safer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

So, uh, Devastator...I'm assuming he is not a gestalt and has nothing to do with Bonecrusher?
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I dunno, I do that, on the grounds that most of the people buying the thing are 25+...

I'd assume the bulk would be buying it for kids though, the sheer amount it's apparently shifting can't all be down to adult fans who must own everything. It's somewhat ironic after years of my Smith's sticking the Magazine with it's lengthy text articles about a old Tv show in the under 5's section.