MP-05 out & packed in robot mode

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Markus
Protoform

Post by Markus »

I got mine without the orange abomination on it. At least, they tell me that it won't be on there.

As for those who think it doesn't matter, who wants a glow in the dark unsightly piece of orange on top of a figure that looks to be flawless without it?

That's like seeing a beautiful garden with a big decaying dead elephant right in the middle of it.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
While I disagree with the "Toy guns are bad" mantra, your argument doesn't really wah. In dim light, at multiple meters away, it's impossible to tell if a gun-shaped object is a real gun or not.
I think you just proved my argument (or at the very least supported it with this comment). My argument was that it having an orange tip makes it no more safer than it being twice as big as a normal P-38.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I always thought the 'safety tip' was a bit silly, but the idea is that it's easily 'spottable' from a long distance, showing that it's 'really a toy'. Of course, like I said, that was completely undermined by gangs painting their gun tips in the easily-bought 'safety orange'.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sure, it's a placebo law. Probably isn't going to change any time soon, so people'll either work around it or accept...
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Okay, I have at long last secured myself a Masterpiece Megatron! (It's from a seller who has five of them in the country, he brought them over himself, so 100% positive on receiving an unmodified Megatron!)

The item will take five days to get to me... well, to get to my Wellington address. (Which is okay, because I finally move cities in five days!)
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Seems like US fans aren't the only ones having trouble to get this... Australia seems to have tightened laws on "gun replicas" as well.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=128407
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Whoa, that's real rough. I haven't heard a lot from anyone I know about how legal the toy is here. As far as I'm aware (and I'm not playing the ignorance is bliss game here) it's all okay for the toy to be imported as a collector's item.

My heart goes out to my neighbours down under... :(
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

It IS simpler to get hold of a real gun than this unadulterated toy. All I'm getting here is the simplistic thoughtology that resulted in GB losing its Olympic shooting team i.e. take the guns off the legit users and all the bad ones will be scared and go away quiety.

But like I said - who's going to run round the streets waving an oversized P-38 Megatron costing £££$$$ when the real thing costs a fraction of that and comes with ammo?

Coming up: The worldwide ban on bright plastic water pistols and wolloping yellow super-soakers in case the police think the tinies are toting real guns!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Seems like US fans aren't the only ones having trouble to get this... Australia seems to have tightened laws on "gun replicas" as well.

Australia's basically an extension of the US by now, isn't it? I realise the same could be said of the UK to an extent, though we're seeing backlash against DMCA type proposals here at the moment, and a probability of consumers being tossed a bone (currently it's illegal to transcode bought content for purpose of playing it, full stop, which is rounded ignored by everyone.)
It IS simpler to get hold of a real gun
Mmm. Even in the UK.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Denyer
Australia's basically an extension of the US by now, isn't it?

Australia is basically USA lite. Only with more marsupials.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
Australia is basically USA lite. Only with more marsupials.

Watch out for the dropbears.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Markus
Protoform

Post by Markus »

Australia is much more strict than the US. Grand Theft Auto games are illegal in the country. Its like the whole country is some extreme christian conservative convent.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Markus
Australia is much more strict than the US. Grand Theft Auto games are illegal in the country. Its like the whole country is some extreme christian conservative convent.

Last I heard, GTA are allowed, they're just censored.

Postal 2 and Manhunt are banned in Australia, but Postal 2 is banned pretty much everywhere anyway.