UPDATE:Transformers Animated at Licensing Show 2007 (pic of Prime) + Autobots

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Wow...

Well, at least the toys will...well...I was going to say suck because it'll be impossible to make show accurate figures that can transform, but then I realized I said the same thing about the movie figures, and they're turning out to be pretty cool so...

I don't know. It's...different...I'll give it that.

I'm still holding on to the "these will be written in the style of Beast Wars" comment. Maybe the stories will be good at least. (it's kind of like what they did with the Clone Wars cartoon...I'll wait to see how it goes, but, I'm not liking what I see so far)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

It's the most awesome thing I've seen all day.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Brendocon
It's the most awesome thing I've seen all day.

You must be having an excellent day!
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

I know its only one picture but I really am not sure about this. will just have to give it a chance. I remember seeing Armada pics and thinking it looked good, and that turned out to be a pile of cack! In my opinion anyway. Lets just see how the stories are.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Are we going to get another year of all this WE HATE THE DESIGNS rigmarole?

Prime's looking a bit Death's Head there, actually.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

When this picture was first released to the world, we went to the mech himself, Optimus Prime, for an opinion:

Prime: -optics wide in shock-

Can you please comment?

Prime: "...."

Sir? A comment, please!

Prime: "Get me my agent...... I'm renegotiating my contract, NOW!!!!!"

Why?

Prime: "Because the Teen Titans look is not for me."

Robin: "Hey, don't knock it. It's not so bad, once you get used to it."

Prime: "What are you complaining about? You still look normal."

Me, I'm holding out hope that this is a preproduction photo or something along those lines. There's a part of me that's thinking Star Convoy when I look at it, but I think that's the headlights...... I mean, the American anime look isn't so bad, generally, but the proportions are way off.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

The team did 'Batman'? Ah, yes. This is the latest employment for Bane, to ensure he doesn't come into one of our offices and kick-off about his lack of energon benefits.

It kinda.... yeah....sucks.

I mean, are the fangirls seriously going to end up writing drool-fiction over a Prime who looks like... er.... Oh, hey! That might actually be a positive - IT'S GREAT, GO FOR IT!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Could someone just tell Hasbro to stop. Please. At least this was being shown off before Botcon. Maybe the crowd there can riot or somethign.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

This looks worse that any G1 cartoon animation, dream wave poses or kiddie drawing I have seen. Not realy sure what to say about that.....thing
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Is he . . . wearing gloves? :eyebrow:

I guess we'll have to wait and see, I suppose. I don't really have cable, so I'll prolly never know how the show will be. The very G1esque look that prime has makes me wonder if we'll be getting more figures that look like the classics stuff, as well as a few classics repaints. That would be a pretty good toyline, I think. I know I wouldn't mind Hasbro taking another crack at reimagining some more characters from the first few years of transformers. Who knows, they might even figure out how to make the cosmos design cost-effective enough to produce, without losing the look they were going for.

Something that dawned on me is that usually, toylines are planned about a year in advance, and well, this series is supposed to come out in the spring, which is a year after classics, more or less. I'm wondering if it's possible that classics was a test run to see how much of a demand there is for "G1 reimagined" figures. *scratches chin*

My thoughts are that we'll probably see the more animated-style figures in the titanium 3" line, if we see them. After all, the main draw of Transformers is that they . . . well, transform. I'm going to hazard a guess that while the figures will be recognizably "such and such a character," they won't have such wacky proportions.
jhlucas
Protoform

Post by jhlucas »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Is he . . . wearing gloves? :eyebrow:

I had the same thought at first. The shading really makes his forearm look like a glove. Heck, maybe it IS a glove ;)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Maybe it's a show about a guy, who grows up, watching transformers, and he decides that he wants to fight crime, so he dresses up as Optimus Prime, and the actual transformation is from man to man in a robot costume.
jhlucas
Protoform

Post by jhlucas »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Maybe it's a show about a guy, who grows up, watching transformers, and he decides that he wants to fight crime, so he dresses up as Optimus Prime, and the actual transformation is from man to man in a robot costume.

Add three bat "talons" (or whatever the hell they are) to his forearm, add a cape, hmmm...he's already got the mask and horns, and voilà:

OPTI-BATMAN!!

:lol:

Look out, Christian Bale, you've got some competition.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Terome
Are we going to get another year of all this WE HATE THE DESIGNS rigmarole?
Twenty years and counting.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I think I know what's happened here. Now, that looks like Lee Sullivan's very unique (i.e. terrible) take on Death's Head, disguised as Optimus Prime. So this is clearly an alternate version of the UK, and therefore will be aw3z0m.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I'm just going to have to quote my 7 year old son on this matter.
THATS Optimus Prime?!

:confused:
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by Denyer
Twenty years and counting.

Well, hey, at least we can see the animation sequences of their transform... oh, crap, they aped the 'Tasmanian Devil' sequences from the Gobots cartoon too...

Until now, each line, for me, has had hit or miss features to it. If this is the main aesthetic for the new cartoon, it will be the first one that I can unequivocally say 'sucks' to the entire line with.

But, like I said, the 'camp' that thinks that everything 'next year' is always the most awesome thing ever and can't WAIT to get their lips around Aaron Archer's penis is already hard at work saying 'no no, the cartoon will be GREAT, you'll see!'

Sure, the cartoon could have good writing and great voice acting, but so did Samurai Jack and Clone Wars, and I found both of those shows to be nigh unwatchable due to the atrocious art.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'll take good writing/acting over amazing animation any day.

I'm in the wait and see camp on this, though I'm suprised Prime doesn't look a bit more Movieish considering that's what all the kids are going to think Transformers is now. Still, I'll love this is they fit a few classics repaints in a filler towards the end, come on Hasbro, give us "Animated" Thundercracker...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Well, like I said, if I just can't stand the art or animation, I'm not going to be able to enjoy the story. But, other details that have come out on the series aren't giving me hope that we're getting BW calibur writing here.

But, we'll see. There's good voice talent here, to be sure. And the show is several months out, so this may not resemble a darned thing to what we're expecting anyway. (Prime was listed as a
fire truck, after all.. which this clearly is not.)
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Denyer - a bit late, as I cannot run YouTube at work - but thanks for the link to that cartoon. It was very well done :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]