Movie Trailers Galore!!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Prime still looks like a tangle of metal, and the light's off towards the end.

Other than that, the robots have improved a lot since what we saw earlier.

Doesn't it make much more sense to open on the 3rd?
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

Originally posted by Denyer
Prime still looks like a tangle of metal, and the light's off towards the end.

Other than that, the robots have improved a lot since what we saw earlier.

Doesn't it make much more sense to open on the 3rd?

It'd be odd though to open a film on a Tuesday, plus July 4 is a little more poetic: Optimus Prime and the Autobots defend humanity's freedom!

The trailer was real frickin' awesome. I wonder what it would have been like had any designs not been leaked: would it be more mysterious?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

THEY USED THE PROPER TRANSFORMING SOUND EFFECT YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind they only used it once so I hope it's not just a trailer thing else I'll cry.

God, I wish I was the age I was when I first saw Jurasic Park, for the 11 year old me this would be generation defining like Jaws was for my Mother.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Post by trilobitepictures »

I'm probably in the minority here, but the classic transformation sound just seems really out of place and not really matching the feel that they are trying for. Now, if the they recreated it with realish sounds of gears whirring, parts snapping into place, and metal scrapping on metal so that it was reminiscent of the original but not sounding straight out of the cartoon, I think I'd be down with it.

But how the they have it now, it sounds like a fan took the trailer into iMovie and added it themself.

Just remember, opinions are like... well... you know...
"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

Repticon
Protoform

Post by Repticon »

"It'd be odd though to open a film on a Tuesday, plus July 4 is a little more poetic: Optimus Prime and the Autobots defend humanity's freedom!"

You mean USA Freedom. Anyway, the film opens July 20 in Colombia, which also happens to be Independence Day here.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

You know..the way Prime's faceplate pops up in the last scene of the trailer...thats just awesome to me. It evokes so many memories of Beast Wars and the few times Prime would get super pissed or go into a big battle, and up would go the faceplate.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Originally posted by trilobitepictures
I'm probably in the minority here, but the classic transformation sound just seems really out of place

Yup you are
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'm with Trilobitepictures on this one. It seemed really out of place and slapped on. Why would just Prime make the noise, and why part-way through the transformation? I'd be surprised if it's consistently present in the movie. Maybe thrown in once or twice as a nod, but no more than that.
Apriorion
Protoform

Post by Apriorion »

While I am a huge fan of the presence of the G1 tf-sound, I will admit that if you are not expecting it, it will stand out to your mind. That said, why be surprised by this? After all, this movie is supposed to present alien beings--why suppose that their transformation should sound like nothing more than the machinery we are used to?

I should also say that I am impressed with how the sound is mixed in there, along with the sliding metal sounds, et al.. It would be overt for the sound to be going on throughout the entire transformation sequence. I imagine that the sound represents the core transformation of the robot, whereas the other, non-G1 sounds are the start up and the finish.
|-((P->Q)->P)->P
|-(P->Q)v(Q->P)
|-(P<->Q)<->((PvQ)&~(P&Q))
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Had to go out and you just beat me on this one.
They are gigantic robotic aliens(FROM ANOTHER PLANET NO LESS) so how would anybody know what they sound like when they change from one form to another.
And on the subject of sound at the bit where Megatron chucks Jazz and then stomps on him its maybe just me but just at the moment he lands on him it sounds to me like one of those squeaky toys you get for dogs-go listen again and see what you think.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Clay

Post by Clay »

This trailer pleases me.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Hey, the transformation sound is a much needed piece of nostalgia, so I'm not going to blast that.

Besides, the whole idea that 'it's alien, so PSYHICS ARE DIFFERENT', which has been said a number of times down, is dee-dee-dee!
Apriorion
Protoform

Post by Apriorion »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
Hey, the transformation sound is a much needed piece of nostalgia, so I'm not going to blast that.

Besides, the whole idea that 'it's alien, so PSYHICS ARE DIFFERENT', which has been said a number of times down, is dee-dee-dee!

I said that one should not expect familiar, terrestrial sounds from alien bodies, not that the "psyhics" would be different. Oh, and misspelling "physics" whilst attempting to insult someone--that's a demonstration of the your own intelligence quotient, though the reference to Mencia is an ipso-facto giveaway.
|-((P->Q)->P)->P
|-(P->Q)v(Q->P)
|-(P<->Q)<->((PvQ)&~(P&Q))
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

THIS MOVIE WILL KICK YOUR ASS
Come on and wind me up.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Whilst it's not remotely what a transforming robot would probably sound like the noise is a absolutely wonderful piece of sound design (in fact both the new and the stock sound effects in the original cartoon were generally used very well, there's a great radio show in there) that just sounds good, even now. Absolutely perfect for kids to do when playing with their toys.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by Apriorion
I said that one should not expect familiar, terrestrial sounds from alien bodies, not that the "psyhics" would be different. Oh, and misspelling "physics" whilst attempting to insult someone--that's a demonstration of the your own intelligence quotient, though the reference to Mencia is an ipso-facto giveaway.

Here's another reference for you, then...

"Lighten up, Francis."

You're going way out of your way to be insulted by that. :P
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by another tf fan
THIS MOVIE WILL KICK YOUR ASS

Well, if that's true, then Cliffy, Auros, and Apriorion should chip in and buy it for me on Blu-Ray. It'll make them happy. :)
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

or you could just go to the theater and get your ass kicked yourself. in fact i really suggest you do that.
Come on and wind me up.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

But, i would deny them their happiness.

Actually, honestly, if it was just me, I probably would go see it at a matinee (I have a thing for B movies anyway, and used to see them by the boatload).

But, since I have to pay for a family of five's movie night... well... Transformers just isn't on the 'must see' list this summer. Pirates III, Shrek III, Potter, etc, all rank higher - and even then I'm having to pick and choose.

(And, honestly, when I can buy compete seasons of things like Coupling or Whose Line for a pittance in comparison, movie night sounds more and more financially silly anyway).
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

You intend to see any of those movies before Transformers?!

Forget letting the cinema kick your ass, just tell me where you live.
Come on and wind me up.