Simon Furman blog updates (expect some minor spoilers) | UPDATED: April 3rd Updates

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Halfshell
Not what I said. Pay attention.

Seriously, if you're whining because the UK only comic is going to have a strip that's vaguely along the same lines of an IDW series being publishing at around the same time by a completely different author, then you're far more bitter than I ever gave you credit for.

Where in the original post did I whine about it? I just pointed the similarity out. Pay attention.
Clogs

Re: Re: Re: Re: 1/18: Simon Furman's blog updated

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
In all seriousness, if I do go, I will actually ask him if he actually sent out to come up with an incredibly pretentious title, or if he's just naturally that far up his own arse.

I am looking forwards to hearing you pose this question in exactly these terms...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AskShockwave
Protoform

Re: Re: 1/18: Simon Furman's blog updated

Post by AskShockwave »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
We need a vomiting smiley for whenever someone pulls out a pretentious crock of **** like that for a crappy little strip in a mid-market British kids' comic. Seriously, I'm now going to Auto Assembly so I can punch him in the face.

Having said that, it'll be fun to see the fanwank said kid's comics (younger) readership will inevitably come out with as a result of reading Furman's UK stuff.
I remember my very first badly penned fights+solliloques barnstormer. I think i tried to do it in latin. Pass the torch.
"There's money in the Banana Stand"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Info on Spotlight: Blaster

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... -the-past/

Good to hear we're getting another self-contained-ish story.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

It would seem that Twilights Last Gleaming is a film about a renegade general threatening to start World War 3 and also a quote from the Star Spangled Banner.

It stars Burt Lancaster and was by the director who brought us the Dirty Dozen , Robert Aldrich.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076845/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Twil ... poster.jpg
inflatable dalek

Is it still pretentious if all it refers to is a faintly rubbish film?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Terome

Post by Terome »

It's a line from the US National anthem. The story is about the invasion and the subsequent destruction of the United States. It's a pretty fitting name.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Invasion of THE WORLD. :(:(:(

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... a-go-go-8/

TF UK #8 info. :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Now if we could just get him drawing something other than movie stuff.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... station-5/

Devastation #5 is out. With comments.

Lots of Reapers. Yay.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Script Wrap for TF UK #10

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... wrap-uk-4/

Does make it sound like the new direction is the actual continuity, rather than an alternate universe or whomsoever. Which makes sense, as anything following directly out of the movie risks being contradicted by the sequel.
things haven’t been this epic since the days of Marvel UK
... I hope that he's just referring to recent UK stories, and not his output as a whole...
inflatable dalek

Mind, it's still possible to both be a alternate Universe and part of the main continuity (ala Yesterdays Enterprise).
zigzagger

Update: Spotlight Arcee

Post by zigzagger »

Furman updates his blog. Features your usual script-warp (or is it 'rap'),this time for the upcoming Spotlight featuring Arcee.
Incidentally, here's the link
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/
This week sees the in-store release of the much anticipated (not least by me, because, even moreso than usual, I’ve been waiting with bated breath to see what the reader reaction will be) Transformers Spotlight - Arcee. Depending on whether President’s Day impacts on the ship date, it’ll either be Wednesday 20th (US)/Thursday 21st (UK) or Thursday 21st (US)/Friday 22nd (UK). Why so trepidatious and ill-at-ease? Well, I’ve always been fairly outspoken about the redundancy of ‘female’ Transformers (or ‘fembots’). It’s not a sexist thing, it’s just that they’re robots. Why would they have genders at all? Anyway, Arcee (being one such ‘fembot’) was always going to be a contentious issue, especially as (in common with other IDW/TF-verse reinventions) I was expected to put something of my own spin on the character this time around. And I figured I’d attempt to apply a rationale to the whole issue! So, I expect Arcee to be divisive. Though I hope also, regardless of the whole he-she-it thing going on, people will enjoy it for the rattling good actioner I believe it to be. And boy, does a lot happen this issue. Guest-stars abound… Ultra Magnus, Fortress Maximus (taking his full IDW bow), Banzaitron, the Combaticons (also debutees), Jetfire, the Technobots and more! And it all revolves around a certain character whose name has been uttered more and more frequently in various Spotlights (and even the ‘ongoing’ by now… I think), and will play a big part in what’s to come this year. So, while self-contained, this is without hyperbole a KEY issue. And then there’s the breathtaking art of Alex Milne. I can honestly say I’ve never seen Alex so up for a job, and the results will simply knock your socks off (or “shatter your trousers”, whichever is applicable). Anyway, while you (and I!) wait restlessly for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday, here’s a look at Alex’s cover (one of two) for the issue. Click on the thumbnail to view, and (as always) let me know your opinions right here. Putting my ‘flame’-proof gear on as we speak. For more information on all IDW’s Transformers titles check out their website.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:Has there been any firm confirmation that the HM title is main IDW continuity?
Yes. :p

I was right about it being Galvatron in Spotlight Nightbeat, I was right about Star Trek being rubbish and I was right about this.

You really should stop trying to argue with me.
inflatable dalek

Halfshell wrote:Yes. :p

god, you're insufferable.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

If you wouldn't be so insistent on having the last word, you wouldn't keep ending up in this situation...
inflatable dalek

Halfshell wrote:If you wouldn't be so insistent on having the last word, you wouldn't keep ending up in this situation...

I do not have to have the last word.

*THREAD CLOSED*
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Devastation #6 out this week, so here's the customary update:

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... station-6/

Spoilery, natch.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

SPOILER! (select to read)
Help for the beleaguered Decepticons comes from an unlikely direction
Meanstreak?
glazios

Dev #6 Cover

Post by glazios »

Woah... Galvatron. Who'd have thunk it?

Galvy -> :smack: <- Reapers

Seriously, I must have that cover. And if the Decepticons are having trouble handling the Reapers (which they undoubtedly are), Galvy tearing them all a new one or two just goes to show how insanely powerful he is. I distinctly remember Nemesis Prime saying something about Galvatron's 'gift' being Death... :devil: