Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

SPOILER! (select to read)
The thing with Devastator is, if the rumors are true, he'll be multiple colors (Yellow, Red, Green) and IF he is, odds are we'll see a Green and Purple repaint somewhere down the line... Of course, I'm the same person who thought we'd see a G1 Ironhide Repaint.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Dirt Boss (yes, that's his name) in packaging:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/b ... ing_01.jpg
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sweet Ideon, that's ugly. "Hmm, this robot's a little ungainly, but that kinda works what with the style of the first film. But wait! Let's add random bright colours!"
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

My inner Vangelus/Cliffy/Gobot Fan is disappointed in lack of Spoons.
Clay

Post by Clay »

borg72 wrote:1. why not first time round? has there been some massive leap in toytech no-one has mentioned? animated has been very innovative, but i can't see it having had such a contribution to design and engineering that this toy wasn't feasible until now... ?
Probably owes more to the toy designers being able to work from the finished film designs after the movie came out. A number of the toys have features that come from early concept sketches (Jazz's sword thing, Ratchet's axe, the LOC Megatron still having the original head) that weren't in the finished film, hinting that the toy designs had to be finalized much sooner than the CGI models.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

@Threadshot A1 and his Explanation
Energon's poseabilitity combined with the things that made G1 combiners their money worth, (molds, weapons, craziness, creativity, exchangeble limbs e.d.). That would be perfect.

As for ROTF Prime: Trugg Monkey... Hell, the original one which I own looks so much better then this. He is so more childish then the original one.

But:
He has cooler gimmicks and if you can combine him with Jetfire, he is definitley worthy to buy.

Dirty Boss: POC. Piece. Of. Crap.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

secretcode wrote:
The thing with Devastator is, if the rumors are true, he'll be multiple colors (Yellow, Red, Green) and IF he is, odds are we'll see a Green and Purple repaint somewhere down the line... Of course, I'm the same person who thought we'd see a G1 Ironhide Repaint.

So we're going to get RID Landfill then? Yuck.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Dirt Boss? F*** it. I'm not buying that unless it is part of Dev. The name put me right off.:down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

secretcode wrote:
Yeah, a green/purple variant of the toy- given Devastator is multi-coloured in the film- wouldn't shock at all. No Ironhide G1 repaint, I was expecting that a bit as well. Still possible though...
Nevermore wrote:Dirt Boss (yes, that's his name) in packaging:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/b ... ing_01.jpg
Random comment- nice to see more and more Transformers packaged in robot mode. :up:
Treadshot A1 wrote:Dirt Boss? F*** it. I'm not buying that unless it is part of Dev. The name put me right off.:down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

Just curious, is this your only criteria?

Transformers is chock full of stupid names. "Dirt Boss" is a far cry from the worst. Cliffjumper's opinion of ugly is a feasible reason to pass. I don't buy ugly toys, but I did buy a decent Alternator with a stupid name and call him Shockwave.

Dirt Boss is probably one of the easiest Transformers to call whatever you wanna call him anyway, because his 'canon' will likely be limited to his card bio.
And he's clearly based on a game character named Scrapper, IIRC. Which makes me wonder if the rename to Dirt Boss is due to another character using the name Scrapper, one who actually appears in the movie?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Why do you people not accept the fact that there are just some things other people can't stand, and move on? Sure, i can rename it, , i'll probably do more than that to it, but it's just lost most of it's appeal for me.

Oh, and also, if there were some good points about it, i'd pretty surely mention them...

In other words, i was on the fence before, and this is just the final nail in the coffin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Why do you people not accept the fact that there are just some things other people can't stand, and move on? Sure, i can rename it, , i'll probably do more than that to it, but it's just lost most of it's appeal for me.

Oh, and also, if there were some good points about it, i'd pretty surely mention them...

In other words, i was on the fence before, and this is just the final nail in the coffin.
I know how it hurts. Sometimes are the facts to painful for people to be understood. And on other occasions people can only see the bad things about someone's opinion. And what you're saying about the good points is also true, because if I didn't like the upcoming Prime's swords I wouldn't even bother to mention them in my opinion. Its just what someone is seeing and sometimes people can't stand it that one doesn't see their side of the story and then you get this. Well everybody, if would be a pleasure if you now would be likely to move on.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

You guys really amaze me.

And not in a good way.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Really? i love it when they get really wound up. I applaud the efforts of anyone not posting in their first language, but un-proof-read rants can be most amusing... but then i have lolcats at the top of my rss feed, which speaks to my english sense of humour.

on-topic, i was just thinking the same as s-windell about packaging in robot mode. it reminded me of when i took my fiancee - then my girlfriend of a few weeks - into the toy isle of Target. As I picked two movie-line deluxes off the peg (in vehicle mode), she politely asked "So, do they, umm, 'do' anything then?". seven months later we went to botcon together, so i can't have completely scared her off.

total guess, but perhaps this is designed to aesthetically place them more in the 'action figure' section than the 'toy vehicle' one? perhaps this has a marginally bigger draw? or someone at hasbro marketing is engaging in some pop-psychology; demise of the auto industry, drop in sales of toy cars, something like that. might submit this as a question for the hasbro Q&A's, as i often wonder how much hasbros marketing decisions are fact-based or a matter of test-the-water/suck-it-and-see.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

They have a Target in York?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

borg72 wrote:Really? i love it when they get really wound up.
It's funny to a certain point, then it just starts getting predictable. I call it "Family Guy Syndrome".

Also: Electro Girl. Animal Crossing- **** Yes.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Possible look at
Movie Sideswipe's toy
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ot-166526/

More or less confirmed real by S250 (A very reliable source at this point) and by Pascal at Cybertron.ca
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

secretcode wrote:More or less confirmed real by S250 (A very reliable source at this point)
S250 was a reliable source long before you even signed up to this board. :p
borg72

Post by borg72 »

electro girl wrote:They have a Target in York?
I kinda go between York, UK and Cleveland, Ohio. Fiancee is an Americanian, but we're both full time students in our home countries till we graduate this year.

Although if you're looking for target exclusives, look in Tescos, as they have the same ones (often still with the 'target exclusive' stickers). They have animated rescue ratchet and stealth lockdown in the York one at the moment. and voyagers were half price in the post-christmas sales.
on-topic, i'm loving the slightly retro headfins on sideswipe. mouth-aside, it looks remarkably tradtional.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Nevermore wrote:S250 was a reliable source long before you even signed up to this board. :p
True, but I've been reading the board since 2005, and into the TF-online scene since 1999.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Also, out of sheer boredom I have created a list of Confirmed/Non-Confirmed/Toy Only/Other Vehicles for Revenge of the Fallen that may or may not be toys. I'll post this in the other thread as well, once I clean it up a bit.
RETURNING MOVIE CHARACTERS
- Optimus Prime
- Ratchet
- Bumblebee
- Ironhide
- Barricade? (Possible Audi R8)
- Starscream
- Megatron (Now a Cybertronian Tank)

RETURNING MOVIE (OTHER MEDIA) CHARACTERS
- Arcee

NEW CHARACTERS
- Skids? (Chevy Beat)
- ?????? (Chevy Trax)
- Jolt (Chevy Volt)
- Jetfire (Blackbird)
- Wheels (RC Car/Go-Cart)
- "The Twins" (Ice Cream Truck)
- Soundwave (Satellite, Pick-Up?)
- The Fallen
- Ravage
- Devastator
(Seven Vehicle Modes)
O&K/Terex RH400 Hydrolic Mining Excavator (red)
Caterpillar 992G Wheel Loader (yellow)
Caterpillar 773B Dump Truck (green)
Mack Cement Mixer (silver/white)
Komatsu HD465-7 Articulated Dump Truck (red)
Kobelco CK2500 Truss Crane (yellow)
Caterpillar D9L Bulldozer (beige)

MISC. CARS (Transformers or Not)
- Chevy Malibu Police Car (Prowl?)
- NEST Hummers
- Saturn Astra

RUMORED BOTS
- Wheeljack (Saab Aero-X)
- Unnamed Pretender (Alice/Isabel Lucas)

TOY ONLY
- Springer (Osprey)
- Dead End
- Knockout
- Rollbar
- Dirt Boss
- Boat Scout (Depth Charge?)
- Biplane Scout (Ransack?)
- Wreckage (Green)
- Skywarp
- Ramjet
- Whirl